Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 am0019

neon123 wrote: »
    What loss did you suffer?

€500 for the next few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dexdex

neon123 wrote: »
    What loss did you suffer?

Loss of my sanity refreshing their website and dealing with their phone line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I just want to order one so I can actually enjoy my fúcking day for once. Every day I have my computer on behind me and I can't get half an hour into a game without pausing, turning around and hitting F5. Right up until 2.30 when I have to stop altogether and go do my job, before coming home at night, watching telly, going to bed, waking up at half 8 the following morning to do the same thing over again.

Getting kinda sick of doing it now.

This is getting ridiculous now. Normally I wouldn't be that bothered, but it's just the sheer unavailability of the thing that's baffling me. It's Sony's biggest launch yet so many of us around the world are having so much trouble getting one.

COVID - absolutely a massive factor into all this, as brick and mortar stores are closed, therefore nobody is able to just go in and buy one. So we're stuck with the only option being online ordering, and it's butchered due to the loopholes that scalpers find their way through, fúcking all of the rest of us over.

lol This is such a trivial annoyance that's turning into a bigger issue than it should be. We shouldn't be nearly 2 weeks gone from launch and still not finding a single console at the retail price.

I'm off to work lads. That refund better come quick

To be fair, most brick and mortar places are doing click and collect. The problem is the rate at which Sony/MS are able to manufacture these new consoles coupled with massive demand due to hype.

I was really sceptical about Littlewoods yesterday because I thought it odd that a website mainly known for plus sized ladies clothing was one of the first retailers to get a restock. I still feel like they were essentially taking preorders for stock due in Jan/Feb 2021 but they were happy to let people think otherwise.

• Any word today from the chaps here who ordered from currys in the UK

Still no update on address pal

Still stuck in london depot!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FarOn

Cancelled from Littlewoods too. Ordered Sunday, very.co.uk confirmed they never had any stock even though I had an order complete receipt. Very disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Off the phone to Littlewoods for the craic. They were very nice about it, said they had a certain amount but it was oversold. Fair enough!

Guys its not about the console, everyone knows the chase is the best part of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Just out of Argos in Navan, supposedly they’re getting stock around the 15th Dec, according to the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Cancelled and refunded for mine. Ordered lunchtime Sunday, they cancelled today. I noticed in the transactions that the order was saying direct from manufacturer. So I don't think they had actual stock, maybe just an allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

Any word today from the chaps here who ordered from currys in the UK

I called them they said sometimes the tracking doesn't get updated until the parcel gets delivered and they told me not to worry about my flight this weekend saying that I will receive it well before that.

They took my tracking number, email and phone number and said that they have forwarded the information to Heathrow office for escalation. So I would suggest you to call up and do the same.

• koolkunz wrote: »
    I called them they said sometimes the tracking doesn't get updated until the parcel gets delivered and they told me not to worry about my flight this weekend saying that I will receive it well before that.

They took my tracking number, email and phone number and said that they have forwarded the information to Heathrow office for escalation. So I would suggest you to call up and do the same.

I've emailed them and thy have said they have forwarded it for escalation. Thanks m8. Sure let me know how you get on later in the week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Has anyone gotten any sort of email from littlewoods about their order been cancelled? So far I haven't but its cancelled online etc

rman2727 wrote: »
    Just out of Argos in Navan, supposedly they’re getting stock around the 15th Dec, according to the staff.

Interesting, I was told in Argos a couple of days ago that they're not expecting anything until the new year. They did give me dates for the next shipment for the two different Xboxes when looking on the system, though.

Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

To be fair, most brick and mortar places are doing click and collect. The problem is the rate at which Sony/MS are able to manufacture these new consoles coupled with massive demand due to hype.

I was really sceptical about Littlewoods yesterday because I thought it odd that a website mainly known for plus sized ladies clothing was one of the first retailers to get a restock. I still feel like they were essentially taking preorders for stock due in Jan/Feb 2021 but they were happy to let people think otherwise.

I wouldn't mind C&C at least you're still physically walking into (or up to the front door of) a store to grab something you bought, that is tangible, that you can see first hand. A scalper can't click and collect 200 consoles.

I guess I was more wound up at the fact this whole thing was taking up too much of my time when it really shouldn't have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Kimbot wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten any sort of email from littlewoods about their order been cancelled? So far I haven't but its cancelled online etc

I'd say we're all out of luck with regard to LW. Mass amount of people who ordered it on Saturday received their cancellation notices today. I'd say it'll be a matter of time before yours is cancelled as well. This is me being blatantly pessimistic, btw. I'm in a bad mood :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Ok how are Xbox stocks going down in Smyth's stores when you can't click and collect and stores are closed to the public???

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

We're contacting you regarding your order for the PlayStation 5 console.

As a result of a technical error, some customers were able to place orders for this console for a short period of time yesterday. However, this item was not on sale and, due to stock availability issues, we've had to cancel your order.

Any payment taken will be refunded back to your original method of payment (card payments will be refunded to the card provider within their usual time frames).

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment caused.

Yours sincerely,

The Littlewoods Ireland Team

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

jonny_b wrote: »
    Ok how are Xbox stocks going down in Smyth's stores when you can't click and collect and stores are closed to the public???

You can Click an Collect in Smyths, that's how i got mine, you just pick it up from the door with your confirmation / ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

occne wrote: »
    You can Click an Collect in Smyths, that's how i got mine, you just pick it up from the door with your confirmation / ID.

It won't let you add to basket

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

The Click and Collect has been turned off. When you click on a store that has series x stock it says 'This Store is not available for C&C'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Cancellation email from LW just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

Tubberfinn wrote: »
    We're contacting you regarding your order for the PlayStation 5 console.

As a result of a technical error, some customers were able to place orders for this console for a short period of time yesterday. However, this item was not on sale and, due to stock availability issues, we've had to cancel your order.

Any payment taken will be refunded back to your original method of payment (card payments will be refunded to the card provider within their usual time frames).

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment caused.

Yours sincerely,

The Littlewoods Ireland Team

That's likely something to do with this.

https://www.goqradio.com/news/q-radio-tech-news/online-retailer-very-cancels-orders-placed-by-scalpers-for-over-1000-consoles/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

I feel sorry for the Gamestop staff tomorrow once they open back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

dan786 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the Gamestop staff tomorrow once they open back up.
    did they feel sorry taking pre orders they knew wouldn't be fulfilled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

did they feel sorry taking pre orders they knew wouldn't be fulfilled

Staff are not at fault, the company is. Obviously the head office told them to take as many as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

I hope this is not the new normal - where all stock of anything new is bought up for scalping.

Its gotten just like concert ticket have been.

There was always some happening - but orders of 1000 is industrial scale. With free returns there isn't even any penalty with their unsold stock.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

dan786 wrote: »
    Staff are not at fault, the company is. Obviously the head office told them to take as many as they can.

and I have no sympathy for them or their staff when they have to deal with the angry customers tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Just had my Littlewoods order from Sunday lunchtime cancelled. Ah well, it was to be expected. I was holding out hope when it took them all of Monday to get around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Any word today from the chaps here who ordered from currys in the UK

Mine arrived this morning thankfully. I had read about the very poor packaging that Currys used and it turned out to be true. It was just wrapped in a black bag essentially but luckily everything was alright except for two dents in two separate corners of the box.

The item was in addresspal 11:30 Friday morning, dispatched at 12 that morning, in portlaoise yesterday evening and delivered to the west of Ireland today.

I'm sorry for the people who are currently stuck in limbo but fingers crossed, it will be resolved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

j_mo wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning thankfully. I had read about the very poor packaging that Currys used and it turned out to be true. It was just wrapped in a black bag essentially but luckily everything was alright except for two dents in two separate corners of the box.

The item was in addresspal 11:30 Friday morning, dispatched at 12 that morning, in portlaoise yesterday evening and delivered to the west of Ireland today.

I'm sorry for the people who are currently stuck in limbo but fingers crossed, it will be resolved soon.

Good for you but I just don't get it how these guys are operating... Yours reached address pal on Friday and you have it already while ours has been with them for over a week now and still nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

koolkunz wrote:
    Good for you but I just don't get it how these guys are operating... Yours reached address pal on Friday and you have it already while ours has been with them for over a week now and still nothing.

Yes that would be very frustrating when there doesn't seem to be any method or logic with delivery times and I would be equally as frustrated as you are. I'll have my fingers crossed that you get yours soon and everyone else who's waiting for it also.

Advertisement