Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

j_mo wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning thankfully. I had read about the very poor packaging that Currys used and it turned out to be true. It was just wrapped in a black bag essentially but luckily everything was alright except for two dents in two separate corners of the box.

The item was in addresspal 11:30 Friday morning, dispatched at 12 that morning, in portlaoise yesterday evening and delivered to the west of Ireland today.

I'm sorry for the people who are currently stuck in limbo but fingers crossed, it will be resolved soon.

Was your address pal updating every step of the way each day or did it just arrive in to you today out of the blue!?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

It all updated pretty quickly. I got my initial email from addresspal to notify me about the delivery and within half an hour it had a dispatch label on the website. From then, it updated yesterday afternoon stating that the package was in portlaoise sorting station and then it was on to Athlone and then its final sorting office this morning. It took roughly 72 hours from the time it was delivered in London to get to my house.

After reading this and similar threads, I didn't think there was any possibility I would be seeing the package this week.

• j_mo wrote: »
    It all updated pretty quickly. I got my initial email from addresspal to notify me about the delivery and within half an hour it had a dispatch label on the website. From then, it updated yesterday afternoon stating that the package was in portlaoise sorting station and then it was on to Athlone and then its final sorting office this morning. It took roughly 72 hours from the time it was delivered in London to get to my house.

After reading this and similar threads, I didn't think there was any possibility I would be seeing the package this week.

Just called them there. The random nature of it is all the more confusing. Also considering alot of us have been waiting 8 days now for an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

Just called them there. The random nature of it is all the more confusing. Also considering alot of us have been waiting 8 days now for an update.

What did they say?

I got in contact with address pal about having to wait 8 days already and got a generic reply saying they will look into it and they will get back to me in 2 working days, more bloody waiting.

I'm not holding out much hope for it at this stage.

• Advertisement

• koolkunz wrote: »
    What did they say?

Said it was being escalated to the warehouse department.
    It's a terrible service experience in all honesty thus far.
    The concern people have too I suspect is that it's also a high value scarce item during Xmas.

I got in contact with address pal about having to wait 8 days already and got a generic reply saying they will look into it and they will get back to me in 2 working days, more bloody waiting.

I'm not holding out much hope for it at this stage.

Yeah I have tried emailing them, calling them and sending them messages on twitter. Everywhere the replies are the same generic replies saying how covid and black friday are causing delays and that they will get back to me in 2 business days.

koolkunz wrote: »
    Yeah I have tried emailing them, calling them and sending them messages on twitter. Everywhere the replies are the same generic replies saying how covid and black friday are causing delays and that they will get back to me in 2 business days.

And yet we know the delay excuse is absolute horseshìt because other people on here who ordered after us have all gotten their deliveries.

What are the odds the PS5's have quietly gone missing and found their way into the homes of their staff in Heathrow!

And yet we know the delay excuse is absolute horseshìt because other people on here who ordered after us have all gotten their deliveries.

What are the odds the PS5's have quietly gone missing and found their way into the homes of their staff in Heathrow!

Yeah I am having the same doubts now. We will be screwed if that's the case because AddressPal allows claims of upto only 200 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smoeky

Similar experience with Parcel Motel, never got checked into their warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

I don't think An Post are going to risk their reputation over 300 euro a go. While they do only officially insure up to €200 if enough of a fuss is kicked up, and the tracking never shows it delivered, they'll probably handle it.

I wouldn't be worried too much though, they're usually fine, slow, but fine. It is a bit bizarre that it's so much later than mine with no updates now, but they probably just messed up and they're on the bottom of a pile or something.

Ok so my sister called them again (AddressPal 017058866). Explained my issue. They checked with the heathrow team and they said that it was dispatched from London on Friday afternoon but their Ireland hub have not received it so now they are trying to locate my parcel (basically meaning they have lost it) and that I need to wait till Thursday for them to check and get back to me.

I would suggest everyone else here to also call them and ask them to start this investigation.

• koolkunz wrote: »
    Ok so my sister called them again (AddressPal 017058866). Explained my issue. They checked with the heathrow team and they said that it was dispatched from London on Friday afternoon but their Ireland hub have not received it so now they are trying to locate my parcel (basically meaning they have lost it) and that I need to wait till Thursday for them to check and get back to me.

I would suggest everyone else here to also call them and ask them to start this investigation.

Such a mess :(

I only called so no point in calling again yet. Going to wait for the response on todays call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Did the people who ordered through Littlewoods on 19th November receive delivery already? Mine is sitting in the hub in Laois since Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GalwayPs5

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Did the people who ordered through Littlewoods on 19th November receive delivery already? Mine is sitting in the hub in Laois since Sunday.
    Mine is exactly the same - so close and yet so far

Is this usual for "Fast"way?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So I went into gamestop to see if they had any update on the ps5 preorder, told in store that its all been done through their head office now so they have no updates at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Just found out from a friend that works in Argos that staff were aloud order the ps5 today before anyone from the public could

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just found out from a friend that works in Argos that staff were aloud order the ps5 today before anyone from the public could

That sounds like nonsense. Unless somebody can actually prove that they are staff and bought one then I choose not to believe that at all.

I know that staff like to have first dibs on good stuff(obviously) but they have to order them the same way. I found that out by getting a dyson last year and the staff member handing it over actually wanted it and asked me how I bagged it before she did.

I reserved it the night before the discount(after the store closed) and overnight the price dropped(HUKD website leaked the Argos prices) so I picked it up the next day at the lower price. She said she was at home at midnight waiting for the price to drop but I already bagged it(pun intended as it's bagless) :D

Berty wrote: »
    That sounds like nonsense. Unless somebody can actually prove that they are staff and bought one then I choose not to believe that at all.

I know that staff like to have first dibs on good stuff(obviously) but they have to order them the same way. I found that out by getting a dyson last year and the staff member handing it over actually wanted it and asked me how I bagged it before she did.

I reserved it the night before the discount(after the store closed) and overnight the price dropped(HUKD website leaked the Argos prices) so I picked it up the next day at the lower price. She said she was at home at midnight waiting for the price to drop but I already bagged it(pun intended as it's bagless) :D

Just reporting what I was told from a close friend that the manager in the particular Argos he works in asked staff today would they like to order one. Just saying it here in case it means there’s a second wave of stock coming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Kimbot wrote: »
    So I went into gamestop to see if they had any update on the ps5 preorder, told in store that its all been done through their head office now so they have no updates at all.

Interesting.... Gamestop support kept telling me its all linked back to the store ordered from. I won't get a chance to go into my store until Saturday but if anyone has a preorder on Gamestop Swords and is in there this week for an update, let me know please

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Colemania wrote: »
    Interesting.... Gamestop support kept telling me its all linked back to the store ordered from. I won't get a chance to go into my store until Saturday but if anyone has a preorder on Gamestop Swords and is in there this week for an update, let me know please

Well I fired an email off to them a while ago so I will update when I hear anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

CZ 453 wrote: »

Still in the hub!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Still in the hub!

Mine too.

I thought it was on the van for delivery yesterday but that turned out to be a Christmas decoration I ordered on Friday 27th November. I forgot I ordered it so when the text came through to say it was being delivered yesterday I assumed it was the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

The gf’s brother has one pre ordered since September and when her mother went in today to pay the rest off they told her they don’t know when she’ll have it. Said it could be after January cause he’s not even on the priority list. Bit of a piss take really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 James1100

I went into gamestop today and was told from the first guy I should have it next week or the week after, I came back to the store a while after and it was a different guy thare, went up to him with a query and he goes to me it will be probs be more like January when I get it.. I pre ordered first week of September BTW, so I have no idea what to make of that

James1100 wrote: »
    I went into gamestop today and was told from the first guy I should have it next week or the week after, I came back to the store a while after and it was a different guy thare, went up to him with a query and he goes to me it will be probs be more like January when I get it.. I pre ordered first week of September BTW, so I have no idea what to make of that

Realistically they probably don’t have a clue when the shipments will be in I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amzpow

How did ye get the ones on littlewoods? Any time I go on it is just the page that says stock coming, like it is just a display picture, you can't actually get into it and look at the item? What am I doing wrong �� having no luck lol

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

amzpow wrote: »
    How did ye get the ones on littlewoods? Any time I go on it is just the page that says stock coming, like it is just a display picture, you can't actually get into it and look at the item? What am I doing wrong �� having no luck lol

You're a long way behind in trying to get one. Littlewoods had limited stock, sold out very quickly and had to cancel a load of orders too. As far as i know there are zero consoles in Ireland for purchase in retail shops. Not to say there wont be more, but Smyths usually announce when they'll have more, my bet would be with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 James1100

Realistically they probably don’t have a clue when the shipments will be in I feel

Yeah I'm thinking the same, it's annoying but just gotta have abit of patience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 amzpow

I have been checking daily but I was on it on release day couldn't see any option to purchase on littlewoods or curry's just always showed the display pictures �� I feel smyths is best bet this side of Christmas

Advertisement