Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Has anyone who paid for HN collection received another email after payment? I can see the order processing on my account but no email. A bit concerned 😥
    Got an order acknowledgement email after payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Anybody interested in swapping a digital for a disk version when deliveries are complete, I have a confirmed digital with HN but really wanted a disk version if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Why have so many people ordered digital versions? Seeing a surprising amount of people wanting to trade. It doesn't make sense to buy a version you don't want just to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Lads I managed to reserve one in Argos yesterday. Did anyone collect theirs from Argos yet?

Got mine in smyths. Very happy to be once again supporting an Irish store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Marksman1

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Why have so many people ordered digital versions? Seeing a surprising amount of people wanting to trade. It doesn't make sense to buy a version you don't want just to get one.

Panic just to get one........id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Smyths handled their release so badly. Telling customers constantly on twitter that thy probably won't be getting stock in before Christmas, to then launch them an hour later with no proper communication. And even though I got one with HN, their launch was pretty bad too. Putting a message on instagram a few minutes before launch, with the wrong date on it. All I can say is thanks for the threads here because without them, I'd have been lost like many others who are going to be making excuses for Santa now.

Smyths had a 2nd wave of stock? When did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It has been a weird 24 hours really. I started with my own PS5(collected 19th from Smyths) but needed another one for a family member for her kid which snowballed into people asking me to help get one.

Ended up having my own PS5 already
    1 Digital from HN yesterday at 9:04am - Given away to a long time boardsie I know as my sister in law couldn't take the digital for obvious reasons(I bought her kid Fifa21 on disc - forgot I did that) :D
    1 Disc from Littlewoods lunchtime yesteday - for Sister in law (please don't cancel)
    1 Disc from Smyths last night - for Cousin (click n collect)
    1 Disc from Argos this morning - for another Boardsie (not due for collection till over the weekend)

They're like buses. I've been searching and keeping an eye out for so long that frankly moit is hard to even stop. I don't use bots, before anybody asks, nor do I have multiple laptops on the go. Just one Laptop and one screen.

Tip, do not keep pressing F5 to get a site to load WHILE IT IS LOADING. Only press F5 when it crashes. Each F5 sends a fresh request to a server so if the site was just about to load and you pressed F5, a new request(back of the queue) begins.
    Also, please ensure you're signed into the websites before trying to buy something because those pages will crash as well. If you think you're signed in because you did 4 hours before that check again, try to get into your account because you might have been logged out by the system.
    Other tip would be checking AFTER a shop closes at night like Smyths(remember they started to close shops last night between 10pm and 11pm) and then my local Argos closes at 9pm so after 9pm anything not collected goes back onto the site available for the next person to nab. Thing about Smyths though is I'm sure they are done for the year now with stock as last night they were pre orders for later in the month. Personally I'm considering Smyths done for most people for now.

Oddly enough it seems Argos, who would have thought it, might be peoples best bet if you've perseverance and patience to check manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

I managed to pre order a digital edition last night on smyths. I was refreshing the site around 1032 last night and it popped up for pre order. Put in all my payment details but accidently put in the wrong ccv code. Order failed and i had to check out again. By then the website was crashing left right and center. I kept refreshing the browser on my phone and every few minutes got a step further in the checkout process. Around 1105 finally clicked submit order and got the error on page refresh in 30 seconds.. thought i was goosed but kept refreshing and it came to the pre order submitted with order number and i got an email. I was banking on the fact i had one in the basket would keep me in line but who knows.

Be interesting to see now when they start posting out. I chose home delivery. I know the pages says orders will be fulfilled by December 18th.

There is some demand there for them. Its such an odd thing because i'm betting most kids are getting this for spiderman miles morales - if you play that on a ps4 pro you will probably get as close an experience unless you have the screen to take advantage of the 4k hdr and frame rate on ps5. I guess its not a spec things its a i want a ps5 thing

I'm mostly glad more supply is out there and the people taking advantage by selling on at over retails time is running out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone else got an email this morning from Harvey Norman saying their order is delayed 7 days.

In the same email it also shows order ready.??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

madmoe wrote: »
    Smyths had a 2nd wave of stock? When did that happen?

I got an email about it from Smyths 3 hours after they went on sale. That was handy for anyone looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone else got an email this morning from Harvey Norman saying their order is delayed?

In the same email if shows order ready.??

Nope nothing like that yet. Though I got my payment link email very late last night

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

Berty wrote: »
    It has been a weird 24 hours really. I started with my own PS5(collected 19th from Smyths) but needed another one for a family member for her kid which snowballed into people asking me to help get one.

Ended up having my own PS5 already
    1 Digital from HN yesterday at 9:04am - Given away to a long time boardsie I know as my sister in law couldn't take the digital for obvious reasons(I bought her kid Fifa21 on disc - forgot I did that) :D
    1 Disc from Littlewoods lunchtime yesteday - for Sister in law (please don't cancel)
    1 Disc from Smyths last night - for Cousin (click n collect)
    1 Disc from Argos this morning - for another Boardsie (not due for collection till over the weekend)

They're like buses. I've been searching and keeping an eye out for so long that frankly moit is hard to even stop. I don't use bots, before anybody asks, nor do I have multiple laptops on the go. Just one Laptop and one screen.

Tip, do not keep pressing F5 to get a site to load WHILE IT IS LOADING. Only press F5 when it crashes. Each F5 sends a fresh request to a server so if the site was just about to load and you pressed F5, a new request(back of the queue) begins.
    Also, please ensure you're signed into the websites before trying to buy something because those pages will crash as well. If you think you're signed in because you did 4 hours before that check again, try to get into your account because you might have been logged out by the system.
    Other tip would be checking AFTER a shop closes at night like Smyths(remember they started to close shops last night between 10pm and 11pm) and then my local Argos closes at 9pm so after 9pm anything not collected goes back onto the site available for the next person to nab. Thing about Smyths though is I'm sure they are done for the year now with stock as last night they were pre orders for later in the month. Personally I'm considering Smyths done for most people for now.

Oddly enough it seems Argos, who would have thought it, might be peoples best bet if you've perseverance and patience to check manually.

I've been checking Argos and it's still saying order for collection between the 7th - 9th. But when I try to reserve one it just says out of stock. Should I just keep trying? Not sure if anywhere else is gonna get more in stock before Christmas.

ObliVion86 wrote: »
    I've been checking Argos and it's still saying order for collection between the 7th - 9th. But when I try to reserve one it just says out of stock. Should I just keep trying? Not sure if anywhere else is gonna get more in stock before Christmas.

7-9th from everybodies experience is too far out. I got one due 5-7th which is tomorrow. Just keep checking until you see, either ready now, or ready the following day. That is all I can tell you that worked for me.

• koolkunz wrote: »
    No, they said they are still waiting for an update from the dublin warehouse and they havent given any update yet.

On this, is yours showing London or Dublin on the tracking?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

Current status: We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB

Since 23 Nov 12:42 PM

What they are basically saying to me is that it was sent from London but it has not been processed by the Dublin warehouse for some reason for which they are waiting for an update from Dublin warehouse people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jxnnifer

Reserved with Argos this morning. Just got the reservation email confirmation but it’s empty with no reservation code ect. Anyone else have the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Jxnnifer wrote: »
    Reserved with Argos this morning. Just got the reservation email confirmation but it’s empty with no reservation code ect. Anyone else have the same issue?

yeah its a false reserve i have 2 from yesterday the same... unless you have a text and or reservation number in email no joy im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

What does it say for you exactly?
    And exactly what time does it say it was received on 23rd Nov?

Jxnnifer wrote: »

You didn't reserve it. Here is a screenshot which is what people are missing because they see an email come through and get excited.

535118.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Has anyone gotten a text message from Gamestop?
    I got one to say i wouldn't have one for launch but nothing for the second batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone else got an email this morning from Harvey Norman saying their order is delayed 7 days.

In the same email it also shows order ready.??

I received one yesterday after I had paid to say it was delayed by 8 days.
    I would assume your one today that says 7 days would bring you to the 11th. The date we would have expected collection or delivery.

Emailed Harvey to confirm but only an auto reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

koolkunz wrote: »
    Current status: We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB

Since 23 Nov 12:42 PM

What they are basically saying to me is that it was sent from London but it has not been processed by the Dublin warehouse for some reason for which they are waiting for an update from Dublin warehouse people.

Mine says 23 Nov 12:52 PM. Still no update on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Got an argos disc reservation in but the email sent to a wrong email address, although I have the text. I sent a nice email asking for said email but I think I will have to be quick to argos tomorrow just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Anyone snag one with littlewoods yesterday? I did but feeling very nervous about it because of the last time (refunded) Will the honour it this time and will I get it before Santa arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Anyone snag one with littlewoods yesterday? I did but feeling very nervous about it because of the last time (refunded) Will the honour it this time and will I get it before Santa arrives?

I'm on the line to them now about the order I placed on 19th November. It hasn't moved from the hub since Sunday. He's telling me it may never arrive. It has been despatched but they've had 500 electrical items go missing in transit.:eek:

He gave me the option of a cancellation and refund now or if I want to wait until my original delivery date of 18th December and see if it magically appears at my address.

Pipmae wrote: »
    I'm on the line to them now about the order I placed on 19th November. It hasn't moved from the hub since Sunday. He's telling me it may never arrive. It has been despatched but they've had 500 electrical items go missing in transit.:eek:

He gave me the option of a cancellation and refund now or if I want to wait until my original delivery date of 18th December and see if it magically appears at my address.

Wow, thats not very reassuring at all. What a mess they've been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

Just got a delivery delay email of Harvey Norman which I hope is just because they said they wouldn't ship till the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaraH27

Did anyone else receive some sort of general cancellation email from LW, got one yesterday around 8 but it doesn't say anything about the specific item cancelled and gave me a 20% off code but nothing has been cancelled in my account yet or refunded, very confused!

Also it went into my promotion emails not my main inbox!

• Advertisement

CiaraH27 wrote: »
    Did anyone else receive some sort of general cancellation email from LW, got one yesterday around 8 but it doesn't say anything about the specific item cancelled and gave me a 20% off code but nothing has been cancelled in my account yet or refunded, very confused!

Also it went into my promotion emails not my main inbox!

No email from them yesterday other than the confirmation one, just off the phone 5 min ago to the customer care. She assured me nov 29th order was a glitch in their system and that the orders yesterday were legit. Regarding delivery date she said they always try their best to deliver before or on time so unless some unforeseen event blah blah the usual speal. what time did you order from them? I got mine around 9.30 am I think it was.

Advertisement