Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Lenny wrote: »
    I got a call form Tesco, missed it called them back, I got one, I had ordered for delivery and had got cancelled 9.32

Are they still calling this hour or was call earlier today?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Any update or inside info on when we can expect Smyths to get their stock in relation to last night preorders?
    I’m hopeful it’ll be before the 18th ��

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

d9d wrote: »
    Any update or inside info on when we can expect Smyths to get their stock in relation to last night preorders?
    I’m hopeful it’ll be before the 18th ��

I heard between the 18th and 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 45 am0019

got a call from tesco at 2pm earlier, didn't answer as I didn't recognise the number (thought it was a scam number), called back and they said they'll ring me shortly, are they still on at this time? or am i out of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

I heard between the 18th and 20th

Email I’ve got from Smyths says ‘on or before 18th’

“ If you have placed a PreOrder:
    All Pre-orders will be released on or before 18th December.”

Anyway, I hope it’ll be before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

am0019 wrote: »
    got a call from tesco at 2pm earlier, didn't answer as I didn't recognise the number (thought it was a scam number), called back and they said they'll ring me shortly, are they still on at this time? or am i out of luck

Just keep calling them back

St. Westy wrote: »
    Just keep calling them back

Says number not recognized unfortunately, absolutely sick about this have been trying for months

d9d wrote: »
    Email I’ve got from Smyths says ‘on or before 18th’

“ If you have placed a PreOrder:
    All Pre-orders will be released on or before 18th December.”

Anyway, I hope it’ll be before.

My pre order mail just says December 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Just got the call from Tesco, supposedly the 93rd person on the agents list of 94 that he had to contact.
    Got the impression the company making the calls might not actually be Tesco and more a company fulfilling this bit for them from a few things the agent said.

Says number not recognized unfortunately, absolutely sick about this have been trying for months

Ring their customer service, others have been getting calls the last half hour

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Just got the call from Tesco, supposedly the 93rd person on the agents list of 94 that he had to contact.
    Got the impression the company making the calls might not actually be Tesco and more a company fulfilling this bit for them from a few things the agent said.

Was it by any chance the (051) number?

Was it by any chance the (051) number?
    Yes, same as everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Yes, same as everyone.

I googled it and it is a Tesco number

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

That’s tesco mobile call centre in Waterford ringing from the 051 number ! The tesco mobile employers are dealing with the stock of ps5 the guy told me today when I had to call about my mobile upgrade !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

i wouldnt mess with it unless you want to use a different card. they authorized my card details for 0 euro and i assume they will charge the 399 when they process the order.. anyone idea yet when they will start to process the orders?
    cheers,
    mick

Balls - They never pre-authorised my card...Probably will be a cancelled order or phantom one....

Thewife wrote: »
    That’s tesco mobile call centre in Waterford ringing from the 051 number ! The tesco mobile employers are dealing with the stock of ps5 the guy told me today when I had to call about my mobile upgrade !
    Hmmm far enough, but the agent was going through different files/tabs to find what had been sent to him by Tesco so a bit odd.

Thewife wrote: »

Would ringing their customer service be of any use?

I was told if I needed to amend anything just call into the Tesco Ireland customer care number and they can sort it so worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

StoryBuuud wrote: »
    Anyone else here order from Argos late Wednesday/going into Thursday at around 1:25? I did and have gotten the email and text with the reservation number, to be collected between Sunday and Tuesday. Seen some rumours on this and the other thread and decided to ring them there. Couldn't get through to my local store but got through to the UK Call Centre. Was told by the fella on the phone that my reservation has been cancelled and that it'll be 2021 before they get more stock.

Not sure how much I believe him though as it didn't seem like he was familiar with the Irish situation for Argos. Anyone in the same boat heard different from their local store?
    I just tried to collect a 1:31am Wednesday reservation and it wasn’t available yet, and wouldn’t be available until the last day of the date range they gave me in the email, but that they were expecting it to be delivered and to wait for the follow up message saying it’s available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Maybe when they sort everyone out they'll put more up for general sale. I base that on absolutely nothing by the way.

• Advertisement

Maybe when they sort everyone out they'll put more up for general sale. I base that on absolutely nothing by the way.

I'd hazard a guess and say they probably received more stock like Smyths did, and they're sorting out those who were cancelled first and they'll go up for general sale soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

It’s worth a shot ! Can’t do any harm 🀷*♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 36 StoryBuuud

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I just tried to collect a 1:31am Wednesday reservation and it wasn’t available yet, and wouldn’t be available until the last day of the date range they gave me in the email, but that they were expecting it to be delivered and to wait for the follow up message saying it’s available

Tried to collect it today? And they didn't say anything about the reservation being cancelled? Knew the guy in the UK Call Centre didn't have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I'd hazard a guess and say they probably received more stock like Smyths did, and they're sorting out those who were cancelled first and they'll go up for general sale soon enough

That's if there is any surplus - unlikely I think.

Pipmae wrote: »
    That's if there is any surplus - unlikely I think.

Rumours are Smyths got ~2500 consoles, going by how big tesco are i'd say their numbers would be at least the same if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Hmm, I had a cancelled order and got the 30 euro but didn’t get this call. Sounds like they are done with them from this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I have a strong feeling I either won't get a text from Argos tomorrow or I'll get a text, show up and it suddenly won't be available...

I have an iFixit toolkit in my Amazon basket as a backup to try and repair my PS4 drive if I can't get a new console!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I’ve paid for the Harvey Norman console and I have an “order acknowledgement” email but nothing else?

Money is gone out of my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Marksman1

L-M wrote: »
    I’ve paid for the Harvey Norman console and I have an “order acknowledgement” email but nothing else?

Me too,
    Think everyone is in the same boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

L-M wrote: »

Yep that's it, not sure what else you want? They will email you when it's ready for click and collect or you will get an email from dpd when it's on its way depending on what you selected. You're sorted!

Advertisement