Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

MrsBean wrote: »
    Yep that's it, not sure what else you want? They will email you when it's ready for click and collect or you will get an email from dpd when it's on its way depending on what you selected. You're sorted!

Oh sorry! A friend of mine in work managed to get the booking for me so I didn’t see any of the first emails and just got one so I was panicking when I just read at the bottom of that acknowledgement email where it says “this isn’t a guarantee of stock and is not binding”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭jj880

L-M wrote: »
    I’ve paid for the Harvey Norman console and I have an “order acknowledgement” email but nothing else?

Money is gone out of my account.

If you have a HN account you can check your order. It should say its being packed for shipment then you will get a DPD email. If you dont have an account next step is you get the DPD email.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I got the call about 7.30 missed it, so called Back thr Tesco 1800 number and they put me through to the department that was making the outgoing calls so he said he would reserve one for me, so it's not an outside company..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I have a strong feeling I either won't get a text from Argos tomorrow or I'll get a text, show up and it suddenly won't be available...

I have an iFixit toolkit in my Amazon basket as a backup to try and repair my PS4 drive if I can't get a new console!

Have the exact same feeling about my reservation, but the more stock that comes available gives me a little positivity that scummy scalpers will make a big loss on there gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 am0019

Has anyone got a call from tesco in the last 30 min?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 StoryBuuud

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I have a strong feeling I either won't get a text from Argos tomorrow or I'll get a text, show up and it suddenly won't be available...

I have an iFixit toolkit in my Amazon basket as a backup to try and repair my PS4 drive if I can't get a new console!

Could you make sure to message in here if you get a text or show up and whatever the outcome is? Mine is due to be in my local store Sunday and I'm also not very confident

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

StoryBuuud wrote: »
    Could you make sure to message in here if you get a text or show up and whatever the outcome is? Mine is due to be in my local store Sunday and I'm also not very confident

Me too. I'm Sunday also. Not confident at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

Anyone have an email for tesco as i ordered aound 9.39 on launch and got cancellation and 30 euro vouchure but havent got a call today, are they still calling people by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Yep order from tesco around 9.40, no call yet, finger crossed as I'm lotto get one for a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

I was genuinely 9.38 lads, so yous can p*ss off ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Tried to collect it today? And they didn't say anything about the reservation being cancelled? Knew the guy in the UK Call Centre didn't have a clue

Yeah, tried to collect a day early as there were reports on the discord of others doing the same to the same shop without having received a confirmation and being successful so gave it a go. No word of any cancellations, just that the dates in the email couldn’t be depended on and that they weren’t expecting it until the 7th for a 5th-7th reservation

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

This is unbelievable. We managed to miss second call from Tesco. They didn't leave voicemail and it is not possible to ring back the number(051 335 600). I will try tomorrow morning to ring their other customer service number(1800 248 123). Hopefully they will hold the console for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 am0019

kave2 wrote: »
    This is unbelievable. We managed to miss second call from Tesco. They didn't leave voicemail and it is not possible to ring back the number(051 335 600). I will try tomorrow morning to ring their other customer service number(1800 248 123). Hopefully they will hold the console for me.

In the exact same boat. Customer service said i'd get a call shortly, this was just before 8pm. I'd say definitely get onto them early as i'd say as more people realise who the number was that was ringing them, they'll also ring up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Chitza

HN took payment twice - anyone in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

I was genuinely 9.38 lads, so yous can p*ss off ;)

My email confirmation was 9.36 and I got a call this evening

Sottol wrote: »
    My email confirmation was 9.36 and I got a call this evening

Hopefully there are more calls tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Got the call from Tesco myself earlier today, collecting it next Friday.

Going to give it to a pal who wants it more than me, it's clear that stock is getting easier to get.

Anyone who wants one will get one in January easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

am0019 wrote: »
    Rumours are Smyths got ~2500 consoles, going by how big tesco are i'd say their numbers would be at least the same if not more.

I wouldn’t have thought Tesco have anywhere near the same level of consoles a dedicated Toy/ Gaming store would have . You can’t even buy a PS4 as the best of times in Tesco in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Marksman1

Chitza wrote: »
    HN took payment twice - anyone in the same boat?

No might have 2 so. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

bdmc5 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t have thought Tesco have anywhere near the same level of consoles a dedicated Toy/ Gaming store would have . You can’t even buy a PS4 as the best of times in Tesco in Cork.

isnt it golden discs doing the games in tesco or are they doing it themselves now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Surely the What PlayStation games are you playing thread covers that instead of trying to sidetrack this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Just out of curiosity, are the people getting calls from tesco the same people that got the 30 euro voucher a few weeks ago? If so, thats proper sound of them to be fair. They didn't have to pay a staff member to call all the people they let down, they could have easily just put them on general sale

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixel Junky

Anyone else here order from Argos late Wednesday/going into Thursday at around 1:25? I did and have gotten the email and text with the reservation number, to be collected between Sunday and Tuesday. Seen some rumours on this and the other thread and decided to ring them there. Couldn't get through to my local store but got through to the UK Call Centre. Was told by the fella on the phone that my reservation has been cancelled and that it'll be 2021 before they get more stock.

Not sure how much I believe him though as it didn't seem like he was familiar with the Irish situation for Argos. Anyone in the same boat heard different from their local store?

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I wouldn't listen to the UK Call Centre though, my strategy is wait for the text, if no text arrives by the last date go to the store on the last date of my reservation with email, text on my phone and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Just out of curiosity, are the people getting calls from tesco the same people that got the 30 euro voucher a few weeks ago? If so, thats proper sound of them to be fair. They didn't have to pay a staff member to call all the people they let down, they could have easily just put them on general sale
    Yeah, I had my order cancelled, received the voucher a few days after and then got the call last night.

I got a Tesco one cancelled and a voucher but no call yet, did anyone get the impression that they were fully finished last night or there were more calls to be made over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Our of 202 people in the forum this second 119 are guests. Board is popular for the ps5 info.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Just got text from Argos stating ready to collect. I ordered @ 01:27 on the Thursday morning and I had a collection date between 05-07th.

Looking good for anyone who managed to get a text and email

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jsaxons

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Just got text from Argos stating ready to collect. I ordered @ 01:27 on the Thursday morning and I had a collection date between 05-07th.

Which store if u don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

jsaxons wrote: »
    Which store if u don't mind me asking?

Liffey valley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Bazsutto wrote: »

Yep, I'm on my way in to Galway.

Ordered 08:55 yesterday for collection 5th - 7th. Ready to collect text at 08:15 this morning

Advertisement