Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• koolkunz wrote: »
    I have no idea mate. This is my first (and last time) time using AddressPal.

For me now it doesn't matter when they deliver , I just hope they deliver. My sister leaves Ireland on Sunday so I am not getting it and also we won't be able to even call these guys up due to international call charges. They hardly reply to emails anyway so I am not expecting a pleasant experience.
    Mine updated this morning!
    In Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

So my 'missing' PS5 Littlewoods package seems to be on board with the courier for delivery today. I got a text, email and the tracking has updated. Nearly there. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

I just got a mail saying my Harvey Norman order is delayed by 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

Was that from HN or DPD?

KH25 wrote: »
    Was that from HN or DPD?

HN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

10 days or up to 10 days?

Considering most suppliers claim the 18th and HN claimed the 11th, maybe Sony reminded them the 18th would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

What time did ye get the third email?I got my third email at 20:00 on the 3rd. Paid quickly after. Nothing dispatched just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Berty wrote: »
    10 days or up to 10 days?

Considering most suppliers claim the 18th and HN claimed the 11th, maybe Sony reminded them the 18th would be better.

Just says "we're experiencing a delay of 10days with your order"

The delay is a bit of a balls but at least we were lucky enough to get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

Mine updated this morning!
    In Dublin!

Yes thanks for letting me know. Mine also is in Dublin now. It says Current status: Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

But my luck is so bad that my sister leaves Dublin tomorrow and they will deliver this on Monday earliest I guess :( .

Will have to sell it to my sister's friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Picked up mine in argos, thanks to those on the threads

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Picked up mine in argos, thanks to those on the threads

Had you gotten a text. And was today ur collection..Massive congrats to you :)

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Had you gotten a text. And was today ur collection..Massive congrats to you :)

Hey thanks.

So got those in similar position. I was lucky to secure one the time they dropped on argos.

My date to collect was 5th to 7th.

I hád a reservation email. I got one text telling me they (argos will text me again when in stock)

I went today put my reservation code in. Paid at machine and collected!.

What I would say is, go to the machines not the till. Always a chance staff may tell you not there, whereas the machine you just pay.

Best of luck to all.

And to say, manager said no more stock till January 21

Ever since a staff member tried to trick me into giving up a dyson a few years ago, she wanted, I don't trust them. Sorry to other staff but where possible I'll always use the kiosk to avoid any interaction with them.

I helped 3 people get an Argos code, two have collected them and one just began his 90 mins journey.

Usual rules apply folks if you want somebody to say no then you've to ask them. To avoid being told no stop ringing the managers and customer service. Simple as that.

• koolkunz wrote: »
    Yes thanks for letting me know. Mine also is in Dublin now. It says Current status: Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

But my luck is so bad that my sister leaves Dublin tomorrow and they will deliver this on Monday earliest I guess :( .

Will have to sell it to my sister's friend.

Be glad it's moved m8. And not lost. Just Monday to wait. Nearly there dude

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

Be glad it's moved m8. And not lost. Just Monday to wait. Nearly there dude

Yes that's true. At least no financial loss for me.

Monday is too late for me as I said my sister leaves Ireland tomorrow so she won't be able to bring it to me. And she only comes to visit me once a year :( and the PS5 has not yet even received a release date in my country (India), This was my one hope of getting it this year. Now will have to wait till March/April 2021..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

No text from Argos yet...

I got the text early this morning(come and collect), after 7am or so and handed it over to the boardsie who then drove to Killarney. He has just sent me a picture of the PS5 in his boot.

Shame that Argos has been forced, by customers, to turn off its own reservation system for the console. This could have been great for everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

Are Tesco still ringing people this morning? I got a confirmation email at 9.40 and the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Got an email a few days ago from Amazon saying they have found a replacement for my launch day PS5 that went AWOL in the post. I got a refund for that, but they have taken payment today for the replacement.

Fingers crossed this one finally arrives in the next week or two. Its been a frustrating few weeks to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

DaveyDave wrote: »

I went and successfully collected this morning. Didn’t have a text as I had only provided email, but didn’t get an email to tell me it was ready either despite having a 5th - 7th collection. I think it being your collection day is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RearWindow

Anyone else on ShopTo get an order cancelled for shipping to Parcel Motel?! I have not change to mine and have an email to say my stock is in warehouse and is waiting for dispatch? The shipping has my PM number on it, maybe they will realise this at dispatch and cancel?

Berty wrote: »
    I got the text early this morning(come and collect), after 7am or so and handed it over to the boardsie who then drove to Killarney. He has just sent me a picture of the PS5 in his boot.

Shame that Argos has been forced, by customers, to turn off its own reservation system for the console. This could have been great for everybody.

They weren't forced by customers. Their reservation system is broken. They shouldn't have allowed the option to order them in, it should have just been the normal way of reserving stock that is physically in store already.

Basil3 wrote: »
    They weren't forced by customers. Their reservation system is broken. They shouldn't have allowed the option to order them in, it should have just been the normal way of reserving stock that is physically in store already.

This is not the first time they've used this reservation bit for stock they know, within their automatic system, that is on the way to a store. I've done with a kettle before. The reason that it was considered broken was because many people going into stores trying to pick stuff up and then complaining to customer service. Likely somebody higher up realised that their lines are being overrun by questions about "where is my code?" that they just pressed a kill switch on it.

People do the same when there is a glitch. Some people get it, tell others and then a minority ruin it by phoning up a store asking "is that price real?" and suddenly it is gone.

Like it literally tells you when you click "reserve" that the following items were NOT ordered and then says out of stock. People chose not to read this and said "but I got an email". The screen said NOT ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

DaveyDave wrote: »

If you got a reservation number on the night they went live and you were given a collection date (mine was from the 5th to 7th) in the same email/text.
    You can just go collect it. No ready for collection text/email needed.

Are Tesco still ringing people this morning? I got a confirmation email at 9.40 and the voucher

If they are, unfortunately you're well down the queue man. My confirm was 9.36 and I didn't get a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Just collected from Liffey Valley. Someone had one as I was leaving! Wonder why they aren't sending texts to collect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FarOn

If anyone has a preorder argos code for anywhere south of Ireland, if be very grateful 😊

Advertisement