Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 am0019

If they are, unfortunately you're well down the queue man. My confirm was 9.36 and I didn't get a call.

Mine was 9.39 and I got a call yesterday morning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got a Tesco one cancelled and a voucher but no call yet, did anyone get the impression that they were fully finished last night or there were more calls to be made over the weekend?

I'm the same, but I think I took the date down wrong!
    I will have to double check somehow.
    I think it was for collection on the 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

If they are, unfortunately you're well down the queue man. My confirm was 9.36 and I didn't get a call.

Have a friend who was called at 8.15pm last night and had ordered at 9.34 so am feeling hopeful

Berty wrote: »
    This is not the first time they've used this reservation bit for stock they know, within their automatic system, that is on the way to a store. I've done with a kettle before. The reason that it was considered broken was because many people going into stores trying to pick stuff up and then complaining to customer service. Likely somebody higher up realised that their lines are being overrun by questions about "where is my code?" that they just pressed a kill switch on it.

People do the same when there is a glitch. Some people get it, tell others and then a minority ruin it by phoning up a store asking "is that price real?" and suddenly it is gone.

Like it literally tells you when you click "reserve" that the following items were NOT ordered and then says out of stock. People chose not to read this and said "but I got an email". The screen said NOT ordered.

Yeah, their system is broken. If you can't reserve for collection, then it shouldn't show the option to reserve for collection. If they fixed this, then there would be no issues.

Tesco just rang me there after missing two calls yesterday, sorted for collection next week. If you missed calls from them get onto their customer service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

I just got a mail saying my Harvey Norman order is delayed by 10 days.

This will give me anxiety. I thought I was sorted. I have one ordered for a friend who isn't great with technology. If this gets delayed I don't know how I will tell them if there is a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

am0019 wrote: »
    Mine was 9.39 and I got a call yesterday morning

Yeah I'd say it's either randomised or they're going by stock based on the Tesco you ordered from

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

DaveyDave wrote: »
    No text from Argos yet...

If you have a reservation code go to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I stupidly got a missed call from them yesterday and for some reason I couldn't ring back, so I left it. Then I came across "hey it's actually Tesco re: PS5s" last night, shat myself. Rang customer service this am, about half an hour waiting then got through and got a reservation! Have to trek to Balbriggan for this. Thanks to everyone here for their help!
    Are Tesco still ringing people this morning? I got a confirmation email at 9.40 and the voucher

I'd recommend giving them a call, while you're on hold, write a quick email about it, click customer services at the bottom - https://www.tesco.ie/contact-us/
    Their number is 1800 248 123. They'll arrange a callback. Have your PS5 Confirmation # ready!

• Advertisement

• It's great to hear people starting to get sorted.

Middle finger to the scalp scum. That includes CEX too. **** em all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm the same, but I think I took the date down wrong!
    I will have to double check somehow.
    I think it was for collection on the 16th

I got a call this morning too. Was also questioning the date in my head as I was out and about and didn’t write it down but pretty sure 16th was what I was told too. Tried calling back to confirm the date but the number isn’t reachable. Let me know if you find a way to confirm your date, or maybe if more people confirm the 16th, we can all be confident in the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

My delivery date from littlewoods is Dec 19th. I'm not confident at all with them. I half expect it to be either cancelled and refunded like the last time or not arrive till January some time. So I'm gonna keep looking and see can I snag a back up one somewhere. If I do ill be selling it at cost to someone, wouldn't be able to sleep if I overcharged someone for it so close to xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I got a call this morning too. Was also questioning the date in my head as I was out and about and didn’t write it down but pretty sure 16th was what I was told too. Tried calling back to confirm the date but the number isn’t reachable. Let me know if you find a way to confirm your date, or maybe if more people confirm the 16th, we can all be confident in the date.

they text and email you the day before collection, that's what the fella said on the phone to me anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

So the original HN date was the 11th - does that mean any time after the 11th or is it a full 10 day wait - meaning after the 21st - cutting it pretty fine for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Has anyone collected from Argos Letterkenny yet? My dates on the email were the 6th to the 8th but I wonder is the stock in already as other stores have theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 staplrsvrd

HN tweeted about 2 hours ago that the PS5 is being sent out the 11th....has everyone that ordered form HN gotten an email to say its being delayed?

Just got my call from tesco, collecting week after next and will get a text the night before, happy days.

Hold out for that call or ring them beforehand but they're making the rounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

staplrsvrd wrote: »
    HN tweeted about 2 hours ago that the PS5 is being sent out the 11th....has everyone that ordered form HN gotten an email to say its being delayed?

I never got the delayed email but i opted for click n collect so maybe just people getting email if you clicked delivery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

I was also in contact with Harvey Norman in Direct messages on Twitter last week and the guy replying said they might be available sooner than the 11th but couldnt confirm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 staplrsvrd

YupYup17 wrote: »
    I never got the delayed email but i opted for click n collect so maybe just people getting email if you clicked delivery ?
    I opted for delivery and haven't heard anything since the order confirmation email...strange only some people are getting delayed emails, could just be an error

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I wouldn't bother going to Argos before your given date, but definitely go on the day it's due even if you don't get a text. Seems I'm not the only one who didn't get a text but it's definitely there.

Also nice to see Argos finally allowed Android Pay above €50, last time I was there a few months ago it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

My date for argos was from this Monday. But woke to a text saying it was ready to be collected. Best Saturday ever just collected it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Just got my call from tesco, collecting week after next and will get a text the night before, happy days.

Hold out for that call or ring them beforehand but they're making the rounds!

Nice one. Were you collection originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Anyone getting a call from Argos advising a time to collect and if there are issues it'll be on Sony side not Argos? Not even a store number, seems like a home phone number.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Smyth's charged my card today for the 399. No email but I guess they processing orders

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Smyth's charged my card today for the 399. No email but I guess they processing orders

Delivery or click and collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Kimbot wrote: »
    Delivery or click and collect?

Home delivery

skerry wrote: »
    Nice one. Were you collection originally.

Yes I was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I stupidly got a missed call from them yesterday and for some reason I couldn't ring back, so I left it. Then I came across "hey it's actually Tesco re: PS5s" last night, shat myself. Rang customer service this am, about half an hour waiting then got through and got a reservation! Have to trek to Balbriggan for this. Thanks to everyone here for their help!

I'd recommend giving them a call, while you're on hold, write a quick email about it, click customer services at the bottom - https://www.tesco.ie/contact-us/
    Their number is 1800 248 123. They'll arrange a callback. Have your PS5 Confirmation # ready!

Yeah I rang Tesco support anyway, they couldn't tell me if I was on the list but they did say they're not done making calls

Advertisement