Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Pipmae wrote: »
    Mine is taking its sweet time

Latest tracking information
    5 December, 2020 08:17:00 Loaded onto van FASTWAY NORTH EAST
    29 November, 2020 16:38:00 Received at FASTWAY HUB
    28 November, 2020 09:53:38 Despatched from SUPPLIER
    27 November, 2020 20:55:00 Despatched from WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    27 November, 2020 20:53:00 Received at WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    19 November, 2020 11:44:06 Order being processed at supplier

I still don't have it! Having said that the delivery date when I ordered was 18th December so it might get there before then!
    Oh no, I didn't order til the 3rd of Dec. getting really worried that it won't make it here for Santa

Jxnnifer wrote: »
    Mine arrived today!

Oh ok great, and what day did you order? The 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alexx1

Oh no, I didn't order til the 3rd of Dec. getting really worried that it won't make it here for Santa

I ordered 3rd December as well, delivery date says 18th December but I'm sceptical as nothing has happened with the order - still says 'order being processed'

alexx1 wrote: »
    I ordered 3rd December as well, delivery date says 18th December but I'm sceptical as nothing has happened with the order - still says 'order being processed'

Yeah between that and the last time they cancelled I'm taking it as if I haven't got one yet and still looking just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

My Argos reservation is due tomorrow, for anyone who collected already can I just go before I get the text and put my reservation number into the self service kiosk? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

mutley18 wrote: »
    My Argos reservation is due tomorrow, for anyone who collected already can I just go before I get the text and put my reservation number into the self service kiosk? Thanks!

Up to you but I got my text at 7:42am and the store didn't even open till 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sineadgleeson

Hey, I did the reserve through Argos but never got a reservation code, did anyone else try this and get a code at a later stage? I also had one in my basket Thursday but when I clicked through it was gone :( Any spare reservation codes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

mutley18 wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixel Junky

I'm fairly sure all the self service kiosks in my argos are covered up and can't be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hey, I did the reserve through Argos but never got a reservation code, did anyone else try this and get a code at a later stage? I also had one in my basket Thursday but when I clicked through it was gone :( Any spare reservation codes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Unfortunately if you didn't get a code you don't get a console and you won't get a reservation code at a later stage either . Hundreds did this and got nothing which is why argos have removed the link to stop people getting false reservations.

Best of luck Getting a code too as they are as rare as hens teeth and unless you are a regular on here, you probably won't get one as loads of regular posters are looking too. I've a digital ps5 but want a disk but if I get one, I'll put the digital on here for cost to whoever needs it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

Did anyone who ordered from Currys uk have any update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I'd reserved on line on Argos during the week and just got the text there this morning that the PS5 is available to collect in store now. (Kilkenny)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gayformoleman

I was caught out with this too! I managed to get one sorted for my bf in the end, just keep checking threads. You won’t get a code unless you’re a regular here (he told me as he’s a regular). Might be worth keeping an eye on Argos or Tesco. Tesco are calling people who had original pre orders cancelled (who may have gotten sorted in the meantime!). Good luck

Firstly, this again really? Its been talked about for a week now with dozens of posts. How many times does it need to be said. Secondly, do you honestly think someone is just going to give away their code if they received one? Between people asking about the Argos fiasco and the begging it's hardly worth while to even check new posts.

Firstly, this again really? Its been talked about for a week now with dozens of posts. How many times does it need to be said. Secondly, do you honestly think someone is just going to give away their code if they received one? Between people asking about the Argos fiasco and the begging it's hardly worth while to even check new posts.

The clue is in the screen that says "This item was not purchased" and it also says "Out of stock".

I actually feel sorry for the Argos staff. Apparently they have to order through the same way that we all do, and they're given no heads up on stock coming in. I'd say every member of staff wants one, or at least knows multiple people that are after one.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Yeah you can have mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gayformoleman

Basil3 wrote: »
    The clue is in the screen that says "This item was not purchased" and it also says "Out of stock".

I actually feel sorry for the Argos staff. Apparently they have to order through the same way that we all do, and they're given no heads up on stock coming in. I'd say every member of staff wants one, or at least knows multiple people that are after one.

The Argos system gives you false hope, I genuinely thought I had successfully managed to reserve one the other day, then had a closer look. I’d say there’s a lot who’ve done the same. I’ve read somewhere here some Argos staff were in shock when someone collected theirs yesterday 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Pre order ready for dispatch from smyths email this morning with dpd tracking number

• Registered Users Posts: 11,777 ✭✭✭✭klose

Even Saturday Night Live are doing skits on the Ps5 availability, are there the same issues for the Xbox series X?

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1335457082942889985?s=19

klose wrote: »
    Even Saturday Night Live are doing skits on the Ps5 availability, are there the same issues for the Xbox series X?

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1335457082942889985?s=19

One of my Xbox buds in America still hasn't got one, and I had to send a couple of Series X's to a couple of friends in the UK. I think they have it worse than here for the Xbox, but still not as bad as the PS5.

• Advertisement

I'd say it 2 to 1.5 people looking for ps5 to xbox. Probably people happy to get either at this point. I still find it strange so many kids want a ps5 from santy... At that age I'm not sure you'd appreciate the power of a ps5 over a ps4 or ps4 pro

I'd say it 2 to 1.5 people looking for ps5 to xbox. Probably people happy to get either at this point. I still find it strange so many kids want a ps5 from santy... At that age I'm not sure you'd appreciate the power of a ps5 over a ps4 or ps4 pro

Well judging by my kids Xmas lists, it's more to do with what other kids have said they're getting from Santa. Sounds like most of the kids in my street are getting all the same stuff this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Basil3 wrote: »
    Well judging by my kids Xmas lists, it's more to do with what other kids have said they're getting from Santa. Sounds like most of the kids in my street are getting all the same stuff this year!

i found the constant posts about needing one from Santa strange too to be honest, my kid and her classmates have zero interest in Ps5 or the new xbox, and she would be classed as a "gamer" she plays games on my ps4 but mostly plays on the switch or ds or on a tablet. This is likely their last "santa" year.

and once you get over that age Santa presents become less of a thing you "need" to get as you can explain the global shortage to a kid who doesn't believe in Santa, so i really don't get the "i need it from Santa" posts :confused:

most kids are happy out playing any game and don't notice speeds/graphics/screen resolution that a Ps5 will bring over the ps4

Gru wrote: »
    most kids are happy out playing any game and don't notice speeds/graphics/screen resolution that a Ps5 will bring over the ps4

Yes, but little Timmy across the street got a PS5, Dad!

That's what every parent has to deal with, as if it's not bad enough having siblings comparing between each other.....or are my kids just strange? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Pre order ready for dispatch from smyths email this morning with dpd tracking number

That’s the preorders that went live few days ago, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

I'm fairly sure all the self service kiosks in my argos are covered up and can't be used.

You'd be fairly wrong there. That's how myself and many others paid for and collected our consoles, over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixel Junky

bazzz wrote: »
    You'd be fairly wrong there. That's how myself and many others paid for and collected our consoles, over the last few days.
    Okay thanks.

d9d wrote: »
    That’s the preorders that went live few days ago, correct?

Yes Thursday night..I ordered a digital. Dpd tracking isn't live yet but I assume it will be tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Managed to get 1 reserved for myself and 3 friends did to.all collected in the last 24 hours in argos Mason point thank god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

bazzz wrote: »

Same here. Paid and collected at the self service kiosk yesterday morning

Advertisement