Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone else get a phone call from tesco?

I had been on of the people let down 2 weeks ago with them accept the ng my order then caceling it.

Just got call from them asking was i still interested and if so they had one available they would send it to my local store and can collect it on thursday.

Didn't believe him so i searched the number and sure enough its a tesco store up the country.

Ummmm ill take that thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

baalad wrote: »
    Same here. Paid and collected at the self service kiosk yesterday morning

Yep a fairly straight forward process, I literally pressed enter on the payment and walked over to the collection counter and it was there already.
    Were you in Waterford, by any chance? I was first in the door, with one guy behind me, his was at the collection point the same time as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

bazzz wrote: »
    Yep a fairly straight forward process, I literally pressed enter on the payment and walked over to the collection counter and it was there already.
    Were you in Waterford, by any chance? I was first in the door, with one guy behind me, his was at the collection point the same time as mine.

I was indeed although i didn't see anyone in the store at the same time collecting one! I actually thought i was the first judging by the staff's reaction when it came out to him haha

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Yes Thursday night..I ordered a digital. Dpd tracking isn't live yet but I assume it will be tomorrow

Nice! That means they’ll make them available for c&c before 18th. Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Betty88

Anyone not been successful getting theirs from Argos? Just went in to collect mine and the woman working there didn’t know where it was. She said she counted them this morning and they were all there. The guy who looks after deliveries was on lunch but he’s due back soon and she’s gonna ask him. It’s just worrying cos two of my friends had reservations in the same store and they went in and got theirs today no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Collected mine from Argos today, staff all mentioned how lucky I was. Now off to CEX I go to cash in :P (I joke, straight home to play Astro and see the DualSense in action :) )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Betty88 wrote: »
    Anyone not been successful getting theirs from Argos? Just went in to collect mine and the woman working there didn’t know where it was. She said she counted them this morning and they were all there. The guy who looks after deliveries was on lunch but he’s due back soon and she’s gonna ask him. It’s just worrying cos two of my friends had reservations in the same store and they went in and got theirs today no problem

Go to the self service checkout and pay for your reservation on that. I have a feeling someone might have tried to keep yours back for themselves so get back in ASAP.

Kimbot wrote: »
    Go to the self service checkout and pay for your reservation on that. I have a feeling someone might have tried to keep yours back for themselves so get back in ASAP.

I went to self service and it said not recognised so I went to the till then and the girl there said oh it’s a ps5 and then got the other woman I was talking about :(

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Yes Thursday night..I ordered a digital. Dpd tracking isn't live yet but I assume it will be tomorrow

Wonder is that just digital ones?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I went to self service and it said not recognised so I went to the till then and the girl there said oh it’s a ps5 and then got the other woman I was talking about :(

Well if the reservation was sold earlier then I would tell them to find out who purchased it etc, they have security cameras in store so hopefully it's only a blip on their system.

• Advertisement

Well if the reservation was sold earlier then I would tell them to find out who purchased it etc, they have security cameras in store so hopefully it's only a blip on their system.

The woman just rang there and asked for the reservation number and when we said it she said that’s not your reservation number anymore and to come back in and ask for her... I dunno what to think. I’ll let you know what happens! Thanks for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Marksman1

I had no issue collecting mine, but if i was you i wouldn't leave the shop without it they might be chance in there arm with you......surely the manager would find it quick for u?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

Harvey Norman digital console I ordered last week now showing with a potential shipping date of between 15th and 29th of December. If it's anywhere near the latter, that's extremely irritating. Fingers crossed it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Boom Littlewoods success. It was touch and go there for a bit.

It’s for a friend for Santa. My husband has said he’ll wait until the restock after Christmas. She’s thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Harvey Norman digital console I ordered last week now showing with a potential shipping date of between 15th and 29th of December. If it's anywhere near the latter, that's extremely irritating. Fingers crossed it's not.

Can I ask there you are seeing this info ? I ordered a disc last week but have nothing further that the confirmation email and the dpd email

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Pipmae wrote: »

It’s for a friend for Santa. My husband has said he’ll wait until the restock after Christmas. She’s thrilled.

Good stuff ðŸ‘

I'd be surprised if you're getting any info out of them, with data protection etc. I've had my credit card stolen and flights booked, and they wouldn't tell me who the flights were booked for due to data protection...and that's with actual theft.

Update: the woman from Argos rang and asked us to come back in and said our reservation number wasn’t ours anymore. When we got there she charged us for it and gave it to us but never said what happened. I didn’t ask any questions cos I was just happy to get it. Weird situation tho. Good luck to everyone else getting there’s soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

What date did you order this? Thanks

The woman just rang there and asked for the reservation number and when we said it she said that’s not your reservation number anymore and to come back in and ask for her... I dunno what to think. I’ll let you know what happens! Thanks for replying

It's not rocket science for someone to have gotten a reservation number to use the number directly before or after theirs to bag a second one. The reservation numbers in the Argos system follow one another and are unique to each store. So say someone had a reservation number 900496 in Dundalk then 900497 is likely to be a PS5 as well seeing as they were all snapped up in seconds.

Staff should be asking for proof of the email/text before selling them. The kiosk should be blocked as a payment option.

• Advertisement

I just missed a Tesco call. Feck it anyway.

Will they call back?

What date did you order this? Thanks

5 December, 2020 08:17:00 Loaded onto van FASTWAY NORTH EAST
    29 November, 2020 16:38:00 Received at FASTWAY HUB
    28 November, 2020 09:53:38 Despatched from SUPPLIER
    27 November, 2020 20:55:00 Despatched from WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    27 November, 2020 20:53:00 Received at WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    19 November, 2020 11:44:06 Order being processed at supplier

It's not rocket science for someone to have gotten a reservation number to use the number directly before or after theirs to bag a second one. The reservation numbers in the Argos system follow one another and are unique to each store. So say someone had a reservation number 900496 in Dundalk then 900497 is likely to be a PS5 as well seeing as they were all snapped up in seconds.

Staff should be asking for proof of the email/text before selling them. The kiosk should be blocked as a payment option.

Except there is a strict limit of one PS5 per person, even if you're collecting for someone else. You'd have to leave and come back in, and hope they don't recognise you, or get a friend to come in with you and chance their arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

I just missed a Tesco call. Feck it anyway.

Will they call back?

They should but ring their customer service and say you missed a call

They should but ring their customer service and say you missed a call

I don't f*cking believe it. I missed their second call while trying to contact their Customer Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

5 December, 2020 08:17:00 Loaded onto van FASTWAY NORTH EAST
    29 November, 2020 16:38:00 Received at FASTWAY HUB
    28 November, 2020 09:53:38 Despatched from SUPPLIER
    27 November, 2020 20:55:00 Despatched from WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    27 November, 2020 20:53:00 Received at WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    19 November, 2020 11:44:06 Order being processed at supplier

I think you can go to Fastway and pick it up once its there. I'd love to be corrected but a few years ago I we ID and they gave it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Yeah, I thought of this but didn't want to post it to give people ideas. It's mad that they don't get you to confirm the mobile number with the order number. I reserved two within minutes of each other at 1.30 am and the numbers were 5 apart so almost certainly every order between the two orders was a Ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kLeyoX

did anyone received any dispatched email coming from smyths preorder last 03/12??

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought of this but didn't want to post it to give people ideas. It's mad that they don't get you to confirm the mobile number with the order number. I reserved two within minutes of each other at 1.30 am and the numbers were 5 apart so almost certainly every order between the two orders was a Ps5.

Did you reserve two with two different mobile numbers and email addresses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

kLeyoX wrote: »
    did anyone received any dispatched email coming from smyths preorder last 03/12??

I got an email this morning saying my pre order is ready for dispatch with dpd tracking.. reckon it be on its way in the morning

Tracking is now active on dpd says order data received from sender

Advertisement