Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kLeyoX

I got an email this morning saying my pre order is ready for dispatch with dpd tracking.. reckon it be on its way in the morning

oh, i also preordered last thursday (disc version) but i haven't received any email yet. i have pre order number in my email coming from smyths but no email re: dispatched item. Wish it will push through this 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

kLeyoX wrote: »
    oh, i also preordered last thursday (disc version) but i haven't received any email yet. i have pre order number in my email coming from smyths but no email re: dispatched item. Wish it will push through this 18th.

Maybe it’s just the digital ones that are going out first??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 uppernut

Any idea if Harvey Norman click-and-collects will be available earlier than the 11th or are we in for a long week? Not too familiar with them so I don't know if they have a usual restock day

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

uppernut wrote: »
    Any idea if Harvey Norman click-and-collects will be available earlier than the 11th or are we in for a long week? Not too familiar with them so I don't know if they have a usual restock day
    Nobody knows. Best waiting for communication from HN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I contacted HN’s today to see what the story was delivery and they told me the stock is arriving in and being shipped on the 11th, said it’ll be 3-5 days for delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Tesco has come out of this smelling of roses. They've handled the who thing brilliantly. IMO they've gone over and above phoning each cancelled customer one by one. Not to mention the €30 voucher offered to those that got cancelled. Super service.

Smyths and Harvey Norman have done well. Provided HN deliver the pre-ordered units (I've 100% faith in Smyths). Argos meant well but could have done better - the fake/blank reservation emails go against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

They're delayed as far as I know. I got a mail saying that my PS5 digital was delayed for 10 days. The shipping date when I check the order on the website is between 18th and 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Basil3 wrote: »
    Did you reserve two with two different mobile numbers and email addresses?

No. Same mobile number. I only wanted one console but was typing so fast that I put the email address in wrong first time so reserved a second with correct details. Next day I got a call from the store saying one per customer so they would be cancelling one order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Colemania wrote: »
    For anyone with Gamestop preorder, my local store in Swords called me this morning and this is what I was told....

I had originally pre ordered the digital on the 13th September but it appears they had me down for the disc one as they couldn't assign me to a digital one because it wasn't on the system. It appeared a few days later so that's why the a friend of mine could pre order it from the same store on the 16th. He got it on launch, I was told I wasn't getting it.....

Upon allocation, it went by order of who ordered digital and I was way down the list for disc for which there were more pre orders. Head office took all the orders during lockdown and did what they wanted with them apparently.

They apologised and put me on the list, which isn't good enough, and he said every few day they receive some more and some stores have an over allocation so they move stock around. He said there's a big shipment coming in later in the month and they are hopeful it will be in just in time for the 24th December

Disappointing from my point of view for all the crap they've put me through but hopefully those who pre ordered from them get a PS5 before Christmas

A follow up on my post from Tuesday, I went into my local Gamestop store today and the manager told me I'll have my digital console next week. Glad to have it finally sorted and good luck to everyone in their endeavours trying to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Picked mine from Argos Galway this morning. Happy days, Christmas sorted.

• Advertisement

• When you receive an 'Out for delivery' text message this morning

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

where did you order from Mr T?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

When you receive an 'Out for delivery' text message this morning

giphy.gif

Mines been delivered, received by my sister's flatmate, who is buying it from me :(

• where did you order from Mr T?

Currys.co.uk

• koolkunz wrote: »
    Mines been delivered, received by my sister's flatmate, who is buying it from me :(

No way it can be sent to you again? I suppose you don't want more heartache of waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

i know there will be disappointed folks but it does seem like a lot of people got sorted in this wave. Tesco seem to have gone above and beyond by phoning people back who didn't get ones in first wave... im just glad i didnt cave and buy one above retail. The digital edition at 399 is perfect for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

i know there will be disappointed folks but it does seem like a lot of people got sorted in this wave. Tesco seem to have gone above and beyond by phoning people back who didn't get ones in first wave... im just glad i didnt cave and buy one above retail. The digital edition at 399 is perfect for me

Tesco have been so impressive in all of this. I'm delighted so many got sorted from them and I hope the majority of others waiting on one get sorted in the big pre Christmas delivery

No way it can be sent to you again? I suppose you don't want more heartache of waiting

It will cost 200-300 euros more for shipping and customs. I am not willing to pay that much for it.

Hopefully by Feb/March it launches in my country then I'll directly buy it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixel Junky

For those of you who ordered from Argos on Thursday and have a reservation number I can confirm that going in on the day and using the self service kiosk is the way to go, I just got mine now, I got no text just went in with email and original order text but wasn't asked for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

For those of you who ordered from Argos on Thursday and have a reservation number I can confirm that going in on the day and using the self service kiosk is the way to go, I just got mine now, I got no text just went in with email and original order text but wasn't asked for them.

Definitely avoid the tills. How many people would just walk away if staff said no stock left.

Better to use the kiosk. Fair play getting one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I contacted HN’s today to see what the story was delivery and they told me the stock is arriving in and being shipped on the 11th, said it’ll be 3-5 days for delivery.

I’ve been back onto them about trying to arrange a collection instead of waiting for delivery and they told me “ we are currently processing collection orders within 1-2 days of arrival.” So hopefully I can get a collection sorted and have it sooner.

Tesco email confirmation for collection received this morning so they must be done phoning around.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Pipmae wrote: »
    Tesco email confirmation for collection received this morning so they must be done phoning around.

yes me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Nnnnnnoooooooooo!!!! Lol.

I was hoping to get the call today.

Ah sure, happy a load of ya got sorted anyway.

koolkunz wrote: »
    You should have bought one in Cex and then sold them the one that arrived today. You'd still be out of pocket but not as much as shipping/customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah i got mine from tesco too.

Cant wait to go down thursday to collect and hand them my 30 euro gift voucher :p:p ps5 for 469 euro is a bargain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Definitely avoid the tills. How many people would just walk away if staff said no stock left.

Better to use the kiosk. Fair play getting one

I went to the till, I think they may have organised certain staff for the ps5, even if the kiosk says something is there somebody can still go into the back room and lie. What's with the paranoia just coz someone tried to buy a hoover.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Pretty sure ShopTo has cancelled my order. There is nothing under the "Orders" tab, also no email.

You should have bought one in Cex and then sold them the one that arrived today. You'd still be out of pocket but not as much as shipping/customs.

I'll be honest I didn't even think about this, but again doing this wouldve meant buying from a scalper and selling as a scalper, which I never want to do. I am selling it to my sister's flatmate for the price I paid for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

Got my confirmation mail for thur morning.
    Used the 30euro voucher on a bottle of Black Barrel yesterday while its on offer. Thur will be a good day:D

Advertisement