Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Pretty sure ShopTo has cancelled my order. There is nothing under the "Orders" tab, also no email.

Did you use parcel motel? If so they are cancelling all orders and deducting 20£ admin fee as its flagged as multiple order as many people used the same address obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

Can anyone tell me how the warranty works for ps5 bought in UK. Will Sony Ireland fix it or will we have to take it to uk?

And how long is the warranty is it 1 year or 2 year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

dan786 wrote: »
    Did you use parcel motel? If so they are cancelling all orders and deducting 20£ admin fee as its flagged as multiple order as many people used the same address obviously.

Ahhh, that makes sense. I did indeed. Its the same address but a different number of course. Oh well. Time to get onto Paypal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

koolkunz wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how the warranty works for ps5 bought in UK. Will Sony Ireland fix it or will we have to take it to uk?

And how long is the warranty is it 1 year or 2 year ?

If they were still part of the EU probably be fine, but after that things may change, maybe a case it was bought before they left so fine, but you would have to check as their is no guarantee how a companies policies may change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

starting to wonder about the Littlewoords order from last week. No movement at all on it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

dubmick wrote: »
    starting to wonder about the Littlewoords order from last week. No movement at all on it. :(

I wouldn't worry to much about it. They got an allocation from Sonys distributor so don't even have it yet so the tracking will still only show that bit. I'm comforted by the fact that the weekend before was a fiasco because somebody found a backdoor to order the stock before the proper release which was what you bought, and I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

I know a new PS5 needs an update of about 850 meg. I have a good internet connection but wondering how long this took to complete for those who have done it? Trying to decide if I should run the update before I give it to my son on Christmas morning.

jjmcclure wrote: »
    I know a new PS5 needs an update of about 850 meg. I have a good internet connection but wondering how long this took to complete for those who have done it? Trying to decide if I should run the update before I give it to my son on Christmas morning.

Including downloading, installing, restart and some tidy up maybe 5 mins for me. Wireless with an average speed in the house of about 80mpbs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

A couple minutes.
    Your issue will be downloading/installing games.

F1ngers wrote: »
    A couple minutes.

Yeah, I'm going to get COD on disc for him. Leave downloads to the New Year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

F1ngers wrote: »
    A couple minutes.

If they have a good connection games won't be an issue. Unlike the PS4 where it would slow down to 1MB/s after a few minutes on a wired connection no matter what the PS5 was downloading at 31MB/s for me, it's the only device I have to get the full 250Mb speed. That would be 28 minutes for a full 50GB game. I downloaded several games from 6GB up to 38GB in no time.

It's nice not having to wait an hour for even small games.

I kept a few digital games on my Pro because of how long downloads took, now I don't hoard them as they're quick to download now. Also anytime I'd throw a disc in to play something it's nice to not have to wait forever for the 5-6GB update. Often by the time the update installed I wasn't bothered playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

DaveyDave wrote: »
    If they have a good connection games won't be an issue. Unlike the PS4 where it would slow down to 1MB/s after a few minutes on a wired connection no matter what the PS5 was downloading at 31MB/s for me, it's the only device I have to get the full 250Mb speed. That would be 28 minutes for a full 50GB game. I downloaded several games from 6GB up to 38GB.

It's nice not having to wait an hour for even small games. Hopefully network speeds stay this way.

I think the concern is servers falling over on Xmas day under the demand and it being a big anti climax for the kid.

Anyone know if you can do the updates without logging in to the PSN account ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

Yeah, I'm going to get COD on disc for him. Leave downloads to the New Year

not how it works

Anniepowaa wrote: »
    not how it works
    Are you saying all games a digital download and you don't get a disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

Are you saying all games a digital download and you don't get a disc?

Unfortunately how it works is you put in the disk and it downloads the full game, bit of a bummer

Let us hope that no little scrote cripples the PSN network like what happened a few years back. Sony to their credit gave everything extra days to account for it. It was a DDOS attack I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alexx1

dubmick wrote: »

Yeah mine's the same. Others have said it took 10-14 days for their orders to be updated so still banking on this as it's only been a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

alexx1 wrote: »
    Yeah mine's the same. Others have said it took 10-14 days for their orders to be updated so still banking on this as it's only been a couple of days

I have zero confidence that my order from them will make it here in time for xmas. So im gonna keep looking and see if I can get one else where.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Some extraordinary fecking about with Parcel Motel and my PS5...
    Arrived in their warehouse, I was notified, then it was no communications since.
    It seems an oversize parcel is awaiting me in their depot and I hope that it is the console, it is all very worrying to be honest!

I can collect mine on Thursday from Tesco this is my second PS5 I’m very lucky.

It’s not a spare either as I gave away the first one or my little cousin and sold it for €500 to his mam for Christmas from Santa, so that’s my good dead done.

This one is just for me and my boyfriend said he’s gonna buy it for me and Spider-Man for Christmas so I’m very happy indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Did anybody get their unit from the smyths second batch yet ?My friend received today but I have nothing yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

After giving my pre order to family member for Santa got lucky and managed to get one for my self. Then got a message from family friend asking for help to get one also for Santy.

I got lucky and managed to get one for her should have it this week. Needless to say she was great full I know of people selling there’s at 1000 euro absolutely disgraceful knowing it’s for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I got lucky and managed to get one for her should have it this week. Needless to say she was great full I know of people selling there’s at 1000 euro absolutely disgraceful knowing it’s for Xmas.

Yes it's disgraceful but I suppose people are worse paying it. I started out by pre-ordering for my husband as a Christmas present. I've actually managed to secure four - he still isn't getting one.:eek: They've all gone to friends for Santa at face value.

I'll get him one in the new year when they release more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Pipmae wrote: »
    Yes it's disgraceful but I suppose people are worse paying it. I started out by pre-ordering for my husband as a Christmas present. I've actually managed to secure four - he still isn't getting one.:eek: They've all gone to friends for Santa at face value.

I'll get him one in the new year when they release more.

One fella selling his Ps5 knowing his brother was looking for one for his child for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Some extraordinary fecking about with Parcel Motel and my PS5...
    Arrived in their warehouse, I was notified, then it was no communications since.
    It seems an oversize parcel is awaiting me in their depot and I hope that it is the console, it is all very worrying to be honest!

While not a PS5(unfortunately) I had a package sit for a week in the warehouse with no communication. I rang PM and the girl say she did not know why it was still in the warehouse, but it was in my local warehouse and I could call and collect it. So I did just that and got it. Otherwise it would still be sitting there. I had no replies to any of my emails. I got through on the phone after about 10 minutes and she was very polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Did anybody get their unit from the smyths second batch yet ?My friend received today but I have nothing yet ?

A couple of folks on here have gotten theirs already. I’m not expecting anything until the 18th, as per the notice on that was on their website. If it turns up sooner, that’s great.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

Yes got my Smyths order - ps5 digital today. - Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

moans3536 wrote: »
    Yes got my Smyths order - ps5 digital today. - Happy days.

I’m jealous - I need the relief of having it in my hands ! I wonder was it just the digital ones sent first .?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭antimatterx

So the HN ones are shipping on Friday right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Good stuff

Mine still hasn't dispatched but tracking is with dpd. I'm guessing tomorrow

Advertisement