Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Mine still hasn't dispatched but tracking is with dpd. I'm guessing tomorrow

Was it a digital version ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Was it a digital version ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

So the HN ones are shipping on Friday right?

I selected collect in store, hopefully that'll be faster. I assumed everyone would get it in the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

Ps5 from Argos.co.uk arrived via addresspal. Got the text a package had arrived at post office was expecting a dolce gusto machine ordered 10 days ago to be there but pleasantly surprised it was the ps5 considering it only shipped Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Over heard in Aldi, near a Smyths earlier, "I'm heading up to smyths go pick up the PS5 now" "wow, you're lucky to get that, when did you order that?" "Order it, no they're on the website and wasn't able to order for click n collect so I'll head up and get one as you can walk in now"

God help that woman when she finds out and I pity the staff in stores. Her friend just said "ummmm okay best of luck with it, speak soon"

• Advertisement

Yes

Update from tracking

Order data received from sender

Head Office

06/12/2020 at 20:04

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

07/12/2020 at 17:26

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Edit - Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

dan786 wrote: »
    Edit - Gone

Fair play for doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Edit - Gone

Fair play to you.. Such a nice thing to do. Hope it makes someone's Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tmic

I've been a longtime lurker here at boards - don't really post cause I get socially anxious. But apparently I need to start posting here more often now to get a fair chance at a PS5. So hi :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Read some of who bought from Shopto have had your orders cancelled. I used Parcel Motel just like you. No emails from Shopto at all. My order page is blank but it's still there under order history? Has it been cancelled?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Read some of who bought from Shopto have had your orders cancelled. I used Parcel Motel just like you. No emails from Shopto at all. My order page is blank but it's still there under order history? Has it been cancelled?

They are doing it in batches so yeah will get cancelled. That will hundreds of disappointed people who shipped to Parcel Motel/Addresspal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They are doing it in batches so yeah will get cancelled. That will hundreds of disappointed people who shipped to Parcel Motel/Addresspal.
    Managed to pre-order one from Smyths on the 3rd so not too upset, unless they try to charge me £20 that is, no mention of not using courier services on their site and certainly not a charge for doing so.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Managed to pre-order one from Smyths on the 3rd so not too upset, unless they try to charge me £20 that is, no mention of not using courier services on their site and certainly not a charge for doing so.

The 20£ charge is mentioned on cancellation emails so unless everyone contacts them about it, they will deduct that. Was really stupid idea on their behalf as people order to same address, they should have gone by unique PMID and name.

Lots of people get them delivered to work, college, apartment buildings where the address is mostly same with same post code.

Not sure how they can cover themselves legally if people make complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Has anyone who pre ordered on smyths last week for click and collect heard anything from them since the initial pre order email?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Has anyone who pre ordered on smyths last week for click and collect heard anything from them since the initial pre order email?

I messaged them to see if I could change it from C&C to delivery (you can't). I then asked them if they have any indication what date they will be ready for C&C and I got the attached response.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

MrsBean wrote: »
    I messaged them to see if I could change it from C&C to delivery (you can't). I then asked them if they have any indication what date they will be ready for C&C and I got the attached response.

Thanks for that, I heard that you could also pay at the store when collecting but that message doesn't mention that, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Thanks for that, I heard that you could also pay at the store when collecting but that message doesn't mention that, cheers

Its says payment will be taken on dispatch for home delivery or on collection for click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 beet_root

Ordered from Amazon uk on launch day, was supposed to arrive last Fri but has been sitting in Portlaoise with An Post since the 3rd Dec. I'm just hoping it's the volume of Christmas post that's delaying bit and not that it's gone missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

beet_root wrote: »
    Ordered from Amazon uk on launch day, was supposed to arrive last Fri but has been sitting in Portlaoise with An Post since the 3rd Dec. I'm just hoping it's the volume of Christmas post that's delaying bit and not that it's gone missing.

Ordered 2 from Amazon on seperate thursdays, both delivered the Saturday afterwards.

• Advertisement

Littlewoods orders have been shipped from last week's orders. Originally due 19th so a little ahead of time.

Panic over wondering will they cancel again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My ShopTo PS5 Digital Edition finally arrived from the UK via Parcel Motel.
    It languished in the PM depot for nearly a week before I was notified to collect it, and in the meantime they were very hard to contact, impossible in fact, which had me very concerned.
    Still, it's in the bag now, literally and figuratively, so that's the young fella's last Christmas as a kid sorted, and he doesn't expect a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alexx1

Berty wrote: »
    Littlewoods orders have been shipped from last week's orders. Originally due 19th so a little ahead of time.

Panic over wondering will they cancel again.

Yeah mine's just been shipped too! What a relief! Been following here for a while, hope everyone else here gets sorted and thanks for the help!!

alexx1 wrote: »
    Yeah mine's just been shipped too! What a relief! Been following here for a while, hope everyone else here gets sorted and thanks for the help!!

The thing I've read on the link as well is that it's shipped from Supplier so maybe then it was left the Sony Distributor for Littlewoods warehouse and then it would be handed over to the couriers to get to Ireland.

Or it is just normal because it has a tracking number from Fastway but like with Smyths before they associate them with a courier long before they ship.

Either way I'm happy to see movement of any kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Berty wrote: »
    The thing I've read on the link as well is that it's shipped from Supplier so maybe then it was left the Sony Distributor for Littlewoods warehouse and then it would be handed over to the couriers to get to Ireland.

Or it is just normal because it has a tracking number from Fastway but like with Smyths before they associate them with a courier long before they ship.

Either way I'm happy to see movement of any kind.
    Is the tracking number not working on Fastway for anyone else?

EireLemon wrote: »
    Is the tracking number not working on Fastway for anyone else?

It is working but of course shows that it has not shipped or being received by Fastway. I didn't expect much after clicking it anyway. Where I worked before we'd print lables, stick them to packages and it wasn't live until the driver came and scanned them later that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

How long does it take for argos to tell you its ready for collection. I have code which was scheduled to be in stock today

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Curry's blanch and argos have no PS5 and won't have any this side of Xmas according to managers. Unless they get return etc...

Update from tracking

Order data received from sender

Head Office

06/12/2020 at 20:04

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

07/12/2020 at 17:26

Digital version from smyths pre order Thursday night - text from DPD to say delivery today between 12 and 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

How long does it take for argos to tell you its ready for collection. I have code which was scheduled to be in stock today

You can just go get it, you don't need to wait for a ready for collection text/email. Pay at the quick shop kiosk, don't go to the tills to collect and pay for it.

Advertisement