Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Digital version from smyths pre order Thursday night - text from DPD to say delivery today between 12 and 1

Wonder when the disc from smyths will be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I imagine that Sony is using a small few major distributors for this launch and mostly they have all referred to the 18th as being a date to receive. If then Littlewoods have started to receive their Discs then maybe the discs are on their way to Smyths as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Got sorted by an OG boards poster who I used to chat to in the teenage forum (Clearasil and Hormones forum) many moons ago.

I donated two of my PS5 preorders I got to desperate parents (at retail) for santa and this came out of the blue

Pay it forward

Thanks jackobyte!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Schnat

Smyths in the UK having already C&C for the disc version available for people who preordered last Thursday. Fingers crossed will be the same here soon as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kLeyoX

Im also wondering. Ordered last 3rd december for home delivery disc version. Have any of you recieved any email yet for disc ver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Its funny that Shopto times to reply to tickets are 6 days but they are responding to all 1 star review on trustpilot within 30 mins and getting them removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Got sorted by an OG boards poster who I used to chat to in the teenage forum (Clearasil and Hormones forum) many moons ago.

I donated two of my PS5 preorders I got to desperate parents (at retail) for santa and this came out of the blue

Pay it forward

Thanks jackobyte!
    Glad it worked out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

kLeyoX wrote: »
    Im also wondering. Ordered last 3rd december for home delivery disc version. Have any of you recieved any email yet for disc ver

I'm in the same boat but no email yet. No payment taken either.

EDIT: Literally just got a text saying it is being dispatched this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Darsh96

I ordered from amazon on the 3rd, it says 31st December delivery, it originally said delivery the 18th dec , anyone know about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I just got a text from Smyths to pick up my disc version later this week (actual day not specified). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Schnat

Got the same text just now :-) as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Corbally17

just got the text from Smyths-Hi, your PlayStation 5 pre-order will be dispatched this week. The payment will be pre-authorised in the next 1 to 3 days so please ensure funds are available! If for any reason we are unable to pre-authorise your card, you will receive a separate email from us requesting you to re-enter card details. Once dispatched, you will receive an email with a tracking link. Regards, Smyths Toys...disc version

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Same here woo!

Still no cancellation from shopto, actually got an email asking me to rate the purchase :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

Have to bring photo ID with me when collecting from Smyths, is that normal?

Yes they always say that but don't always ask for it. They'll ask for it for the PS5's though. You can be guaranteed.

It is normal to expect ID when collecting something of such high value. I brought mine on the 19th when collecting my PS5 and they definitely wanted it. The manager told me that nobody would get a PS5 without a valid photo ID.

On the 19th they had a list and I had to confirm my name, email address, phone number, pre order reference number and show my ID. Only then did they even go and get the PS5, stuck a pre printed sticker to it, scanned it and then I was handed it.

Very efficient setup.

For a PS5? Yes. Had to do the same with my Series X.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Just got a text from Smyths saying my disc ps5 will be dispatched this week and payment will be taken in the next 1-3 days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Digital version from smyths pre order Thursday night - text from DPD to say delivery today between 12 and 1

Dpd just delivered 20 minutes ago. Big box. Hidden away for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Anyone's digital been dispatched from Amazon that bought on the 3rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Got a text to say my disc version will be dispatched in 3-5 days. So happy

• Registered Users Posts: 11 uppernut

jonny_b wrote: »
    Anyone's digital been dispatched from Amazon that bought on the 3rd?
    I got a disc, no sign of movement so far

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

has smyths contacted anyone for c&c yet for the last batch?

Kimbot wrote: »
    has smyths contacted anyone for c&c yet for the last batch?

Yes that's the text I just got that I posted a few mins ago up the thread. I'm not alone. I ordered 3rd December.

Have you seen the replies from Shopto on Trust Pilot to negative reviews.

It is like basil fawlty replying to people. It's incredible how rude and condescending they are being.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.shopto.net?stars=1&utm_source=www.shopto.net&utm_medium=fb_page&utm_campaign=plugins

Berty wrote: »

It is like basil fawlty replying to people. It's incredible how rude and condescending they are being.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.shopto.net?stars=1&utm_source=www.shopto.net&utm_medium=fb_page&utm_campaign=plugins

Yeah seen that. Awful responses from them. I hope everyone leaves a review, just to annoy that idiot who is responding to them,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Berty wrote: »

Id be upset too if they took 20 pounds fine from me for trying use parcel motel.
    Their response of saying their goods are not for EU's use is very Brexit sounding.

“Roll it back”

Lol , they are taking the piss here, some of their replies

"What a genuinely charming specimen you must be, judging by your language on a publicly viewable site"

"The only person(s) "desperate for attention" are those persons posting reviews here, especially those who have not placed an order with ourselves"

They are deleting facebook comments and blocking people on Facebook and Twitter as well for complaing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

Sent a ticket to Shopto to delete my account and information after seeing this carryon. Didn't put in a preorder with them, but their responses, forced console bundling, and the £20 admin charge for cancellations is enough for me to stay clear of them.

Advertisement