Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Did anyone who got the email from Gamestop last week about getting a console before Christmas get a call or text about when to collect their PS5 yet? I was told this week I'd be contacted so early days yet I suppose

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Colemania wrote: »
    Did anyone who got the email from Gamestop last week about getting a console before Christmas get a call or text about when to collect their PS5 yet? I was told this week I'd be contacted so early days yet I suppose

As far as I am aware they will contact everyone by the 13th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Kimbot wrote: »

Oh I know, I'm just impatient :P

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Great to see so many get their PS5 (nó sarcasm)

Regards Fastway, can bé hit or miss, depends on driver and area covered. If it was me, id go to the depot and collect it. Bring id etc..

I used to do that a lot, didn't trust them to deliver some items. Could be different with covid but I'd go in and actually get it in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I would think Gamestop have likely received their allocation the same as all the other companies who did pre orders recently or listed them at least. Maybe GS want to avoid the previous fiascos and will actually count what they receive first and then allocate them to people to get phone calls first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 alexx1

When do you think we'll have it? Going by the people that ordered on the 19th of November they received it on the 6th I think it was. Thats 16 or 18 days from order to console in hand. Cutting it pretty close to Xmas for us of we ordered on the 3rd.

I'll probably go into the Fastway depot and pick it up when I get the notification it's there instead of waiting to get delivered. Cuts out a big chunk of time :D

alexx1 wrote: »
    I'll probably go into the Fastway depot and pick it up when I get the notification it's there instead of waiting to get delivered. Cuts out a big chunk of time :D

I don't know how people plan on that, its get sorted in their main depot then sent to your local depot overnight and in the early hours gets allocated on a van. How do people plan on intercepting the item?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

alexx1 wrote: »

Time yes but also the chance of it going missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alexx1

Berty wrote: »
    I don't know how people plan on that, its get sorted in their main depot then sent to your local depot overnight and in the early hours gets allocated on a van. How do people plan on intercepting the item?

It says online you can collect a package when it arrives in the depot so if I go to my nearest depot it should be there? If not, it'll be delivered a few days after - but I'm impatient haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I've collected at the depot before. They have one in Santry, just brought id and proof of address. May be different with covid. As soon as I see that they have the package im going to call them asd ask can I pick it up.

• Advertisement

Apparently you can track your Littlewoods tracking number on Yodel

https://www.yodel.co.uk/

You can leave the postcode blank. Now for me it shows a delivery date of Friday the 11th although I'd wonder if there tracking means the 11th to Fastway or 11th to me. I'm not in a rush for it, Christmas present but I don't like the idea of anything staying in a delivery longer than it might.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Apparently you can track your Littlewoods tracking number on Yodel

https://www.yodel.co.uk/

You can leave the postcode blank. Now for me it shows a delivery date of Friday the 11th although I'd wonder if there tracking means the 11th to Fastway or 11th to me. I'm not in a rush for it, Christmas present but I don't like the idea of anything staying in a delivery longer than it might.

Yodel, the single worse delivery company in the world!
    They’ve lost countless packages on me over the years. Refunds from the parent company or PayPal always sorts it but yodel themselves were utter rubbish to deal with.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Yodel, the single worse delivery company in the world!
    They’ve lost countless packages on me over the years. Refunds from the parent company or PayPal always sorts it but yodel themselves were utter rubbish to deal with.

I see your Yodel and raise you Amazons use of Ascendia. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hi did anyone get a followup text from tesco to collect their ps5? I got email to collect tomorrow but no time and no text as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hi did anyone get a followup text from tesco to collect their ps5? I got email to collect tomorrow but no time and no text as of yet.

Just got text with time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

Harvey is gone quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 11 uppernut

Anniepowaa wrote: »
    Harvey is gone quiet

What do you mean? They seem to be reiterating collection on the 11th, unless I've missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

Just got the text to collect from smyths.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nice :) hopefully I get mine today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

What?! Seriously? You in Dublin? / please say yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

d9d wrote: »
    What?! Seriously? You in Dublin? / please say yes

Yep!

Mamma Mia! It’s a happening isn’t it! I hope to get txt soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Kimbot wrote: »

Got the same email re the 13th went in Spoke to a young fella working in there.. He says " Not sure when... You know it's up to an post there bit behind you know ... Hopefully next week... We'll contact you" ... FFS pre ordered 9th September

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

raise you Amazons use of Ascendia. :pac:

Now theres a horrific blast from the past. Never had a successful delivery with those cowboys. I stopped using Amazon for a long time because of them.

Got the same email re the 13th went in Spoke to a young fella working in there.. He says " Not sure when... You know it's up to an post there bit behind you know ... Hopefully next week... We'll contact you" ... FFS pre ordered 9th September

From what I understand the instore guys are been told very little. HQ pooled all orders into one queue and they are the ones with the updates not the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Anniepowaa wrote: »
    Harvey is gone quiet

Nothing really for them to say at the moment. I just changed my delivery to click and collect due to the horror stories I have heard about the delivery issues. The lady who emailed me back said they are to be in stores on the 11th.

Just got a text that my pre-order from Smyth's last week is ready for collection. Blanchardstown in Dublin.

I was holding off collection Spiderman MM order in there which had to be collected by today. I went and got it earlier, and then of course I get this text this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Anyone waiting on a text from Smyths Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jackiebt

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Nothing really for them to say at the moment. I just changed my delivery to click and collect due to the horror stories I have heard about the delivery issues. The lady who emailed me back said they are to be in stores on the 11th.

Hi, Ive emailed them for the same reason with no reply in 3 days. Would you mind sharing the email address you used? Please and thank you.

• Advertisement

Still waiting for my txt from Smyths (Fonthill).

Advertisement