Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jayo26 wrote: »
    Noway ive mine tightly in there with seat belt :p

Just make sure all doors are locked and you dont stop until your home :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Fastway lady delivering across the road, she has nothing for me today. :( No harm, it's a christmas present. The way she was parked she has no PS5s in that van anyway.(could see into her Berlingo from my desk)

I had put my Smyths PS5 in the boot because I was driving at 8:30am passed a few schools so rush hour. Didn't want the thing on show in the car in case the worst case scenario happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alexx1

Berty wrote: »
    Any Littlewoods people see any movement on their Fastway Orders this morning/today?

Nope nothing, still says it's at Portarlington.

Berty wrote: »
    Fastway lady delivering across the road, she has nothing for me today. :( No harm, it's a christmas present. The way she was parked she has no PS5s in that van anyway.(could see into her Berlingo from my desk)

I had put my Smyths PS5 in the boot because I was driving at 8:30am passed a few schools so rush hour. Didn't want the thing on show in the car in case the worst case scenario happened.

Reminds me of when I collected a PS5 in Argos and the staff asked if I needed a bag to wrap it and cover it up. I laughed and said "Why is that? Am I going to get mugged if I walk out the door with this on show?"

None of them laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Waiting on delivery from Smyths, pending charge appeared on my Online Banking this morning, no email from them yet. Not too bothered at this stage. They said by the 19th on their website, it will be here a few days before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 uppernut

For anybody collecting from Harvey Norman, they will be sending emails throughout the day to let you know when the console is ready to collect. They are spreading them out to avoid huge numbers of people gathering at once. It sounds like there is no point going in early or you will be sent away and told to return later.

Edit: I should say this is happening tomorrow! I wouldn't expect anything today unless you get extremely lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Waiting on delivery from Smyths, pending charge appeared on my Online Banking this morning, no email from them yet. Not too bothered at this stage. They said by the 19th on their website, it will be here a few days before then.

Got the “ready for dispatch” email 10 minutes after posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Garsy3

Hi, How do you know they are going to be available today when all emails said Friday 11th at the earliest?

Garsy3 wrote: »
    Hi, How do you know they are going to be available today when all emails said Friday 11th at the earliest?

If this was a response to me, I meant to say that this is their plan for tomorrow. I don't think any will be available today based on their messaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JackVideogames

Hi all, I've been lurking on this thread for a bit but I registered today,

I also received a mail about my Gamestop preorder saying that it will be fulfillled before the 13th. But today I asked in-store (Gamestop Blackpool in Cork) and told me that it's highly unlikely they will be ready for the 13th as they haven't received any stock yet, but they SHOULD (keyword should) be ready before Christmas.

So yeah, it's still the waiting game for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I also received a mail about my Gamestop preorder saying that it will be fulfillled before the 13th. But today I asked in-store (Gamestop Blackpool in Cork) and told me that it's highly unlikely they will be ready for the 13th as they haven't received any stock yet, but they SHOULD (keyword should) be ready before Christmas.

Ah damn. I thought we were getting it this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

I am pretty sure Gamestop said they will contact people by 13th and not that they will have it by 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

After having my launch day console nicked somewhere between dispatch and parcel centre, my replacement is finally out for delivery!

Meant to be heading to work, but it can wait :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭ALS

Just off live chat with Harvey Norman
    Andrew 12:38
    So the ps5 will be dispatched and orders sent out on the 11th of December
    Client 12:38
    Great
    don’t suppose any more coming into stock this side of Christmas
    Read
    Andrew 12:39
    We are not expecting stock in until the New Year actually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Mine is being delivered from Smyths today through DPD. I'm going to giving it to my nephews, who's mum cant get hold of one for santa.

I knew getting married would come back to haunt me one day!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Tesco and Smyths - super job by both companies

ID had to be shown in both.

The Tesco one was from a phone call after they cancelled me the day after launch day.

The Smyths one was ordered in the second batch launched.

Happy Christmas to two Santa believers (not mine).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You'll need a bigger tree. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Got a dispatched notice for my Amazon order that was originally expected back in stock on the 14th. Worryingly it just says “shipped” which I think is the same message I had for my original order that didn’t turn up!

Got a dispatched notice for my Amazon order that was originally expected back in stock on the 14th. Worryingly it just says “shipped” which I think is the same message I had for my original order that didn’t turn up!

Mine was also originally expected to be in stock on the 14th but is currently out for delivery. I'd say it will update the status soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Just got off the phone from HN. Order available to collect anytime between 9:30 am-9 pm tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JackVideogames

dan786 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Gamestop said they will contact people by 13th and not that they will have it by 13th.

I interpreted we would be contacted on the 13th tops, to arrange pickup.

Anyway they said that they SHOULD be ready before Christmas but it was not 100% certain. They said with luck it would be "sometime next week".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Just got off the phone from HN. Order available to collect anytime between 9:30 am-9 pm tomorrow :)

I assume you chose collection? I wasn’t able to pick collection for any of my local stores so had to just go with delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I interpreted we would be contacted on the 13th tops, to arrange pickup.

Anyway they said that they SHOULD be ready before Christmas but it was not 100% certain. They said with luck it would be "sometime next week".

I had originally interpreted it myself as being contacted by the 13th at the latest to arrange pickup but having gone into my local store last weekend, I was told I would have one this week.

It's Thursday now and no call yet

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kkibos

Just collected Amazon order (3rd Dec) from parcel motel depot. Panic & worry over now can enjoy the run to Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

Zookey123 wrote: »

Happy days, thank you for this looks like weekend is sorted !

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

I assume we'll still have to wait for the email to pick up? I'm working all day anyway so can't go over until the evening. It'll be such a relief to have a console again.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Pre ordered mine with Smyths and now having problems with them ..... they sent an email saying re enter my CC details. Which i have done, got no email to say they got it, but my CC as had the money taken. Called them and they are telling me to re enter again?.

Anyone else had this?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

KH25 wrote: »
    I assume you chose collection? I wasn’t able to pick collection for any of my local stores so had to just go with delivery.

I had to call them to change to collection. I have heard some horror stories about delivery so decided to change to collect and the guy on the phone seemed to suggest that delivery wasn't the smoothest option and was more than happy to change it. Maybe try ringing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bradjamesmufc

Does anybody have any update regarding Harvey Norman? Secured and paid for my console with them but any idea when they’ll have stock to pick up ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

EyesOnly wrote: »
    Pre ordered mine with Smyths and now having problems with them ..... they sent an email saying re enter my CC details. Which i have done, got no email to say they got it, but my CC as had the money taken. Called them and they are telling me to re enter again?.

Anyone else had this?

Is it CC or debit card? It could be a pre-clearance on your card and money not actually debited until you pick it up.

If it were me I would feel safe enough with Smyths and re-enter my details to be sure I don't miss out on the console. Entering your card details on the Smyths website isn't a transaction in and of itself. They probably just told you to re enter them to be certain they details are correct. If you did get charged twice I doubt you'd have any issues getting it refunded.

Advertisement