Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

For people who pre-ordered on the 3rd with HN. Did your order status online still say "backordered"?

Mine is still showing a shipping date of 15th-29th".

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Did you think you’d be shot? Haha

No just passing it on that it was no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

For people who pre-ordered on the 3rd with HN. Did your order status online still say "backordered"?

My mate's is yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Smyths delivered!!!! Sleepless nights, setting alarms to get up and check websites, constantly refreshing pages....it had all better be worth it on Christmas morning!! I will need Botox to hide the stress this ps5 has caused

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

One of the guys in work is picking up his disc edition today in GameStop Waterford. Originally looking for a digital edition so if anyone has an unopened digital edition looking for disc let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 brokendreams

My preorder from Smyths was cancelled last as apparently I didn't update my payment details in time. I changed the payment details 2 days ago after they sent me a text about the payment failing and the money went straight out of my account. Called Jervis the store where I ordered and the told me best thing would be to call head office. Tried calling the number and got through to customer service and it's saying the lines are closed even though they say they're open at this time.. did anyone else have a similar problem or knows how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

My preorder from Smyths was cancelled last as apparently I didn't update my payment details in time. I changed the payment details 2 days ago after they sent me a text about the payment failing and the money went straight out of my account. Called Jervis the store where I ordered and the told me best thing would be to call head office. Tried calling the number and got through to customer service and it's saying the lines are closed even though they say they're open at this time.. did anyone else have a similar problem or knows how to fix it?

Can’t offer advice here but just to say that sounds horrendous. I’d go bananas 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Try email them

cshelpdesk@smythstoys.com

Everything in writing so can't be disputed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 brokendreams

Try email them

cshelpdesk@smythstoys.com

Everything in writing so can't be disputed.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭antimatterx

HN order arrived this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Got Harvey Norman ps5 from store yesterday and never got the receipt so I rang there and they just asked for name and mobile number was sent through email then and there, just incase no one else got it as you are meant to he said when they email you to collect it but I got a phone call to collect it so probably why.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Nothing from HN today . Order going to mayo address

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Satshreyn10187

GameStop Patrick street just rang collection Monday for anyone else waiting there making the calls now

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ArtfulPodger

Thanks to all who have kept us updated re stock over last few weeks. Collected from HN Naas this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Littlewoods one from the 3rd delivered in Dublin North about 30 min ago. We are delighted the chase is finally over. Couldn't have done it without boards and the people on it. Best of luck everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Neide26

I just got delivery from Harvey Norman. It came from the swords store seemingly DPD collected from swords yesterday afternoon. It comes in a big square box wrapped in black plastic (incase anyone is worried about being caught by little eyes 😂). Thanks for all the people in the know on this wouldnt have had a hope of getting one without ur tipoffs. Now just need to hide it till xmas eve

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

Mine says that too, they said that it hasn't come into the store my order would be coming from yet (Galway, as I'm based in Roscommon and getting delivery) and that as soon as it was and was shipped out it shout be updated

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Littlewoods one from the 3rd delivered in Dublin North about 30 min ago. We are delighted the chase is finally over. Couldn't have done it without boards and the people on it. Best of luck everyone else

Cheers for the update. Waiting on mine from the 3rd from Littlewoods too. Based in Drumcondra.

Anyone know what Fastway do if you're not home? Everyone speaks so poorly of Fastway (and rightly so it seems), that i'm a little worried what they'll do if I miss them - HAVE to pop out and knowing my luck it'd be that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

One of the guys in work is picking up his disc edition today in GameStop Waterford. Originally looking for a digital edition so if anyone has an unopened digital edition looking for disc let me know

There was a guy on Facebook Marketplace the other day looking swap his unopened Digital from Currys for a disk and pay the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

Harvey norman just shipped mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anniepowaa wrote: »
    Harvey norman just shipped mine

What county are you getting shipped to if you don’t mind me asking? Just trying to get a feel for my own!

And did you get the update by email?

Neide26 wrote: »
    I just got delivery from Harvey Norman. It came from the swords store seemingly DPD collected from swords yesterday afternoon. It comes in a big square box wrapped in black plastic (incase anyone is worried about being caught by little eyes 😂). Thanks for all the people in the know on this wouldnt have had a hope of getting one without ur tipoffs. Now just need to hide it till xmas eve

Did you get an update by email before shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I just called into Gamestop Swords to check up on my pre order after being told by the manager last week I was getting one this week.

The manager wasn't there and I hadn't received a call to collect yet but I chanced my arm after the crap they put me through. The girl I spoke to went to the back to check if they had one for me and after 10 minutes, arrived back with my PS5!

Delighted to finally get it and I hope everyone else gets theirs in time for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

Anybody waiting on HN tralee get any updates from them today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

I’ve had to go out for the day so if by some chance a courier calls with mine I reckon I’ll just burst into tears haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

For the HN order I click on manage delivery and on the DPD page it says data received.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Corvo wrote: »
    I’ve had to go out for the day so if by some chance a courier calls with mine I reckon I’ll just burst into tears haha

Stay in dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Neide26

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Did you get an update by email before shipping?

No contact from DPD was surprised when they knocked i had just got the standard "its been shipped" email from HN at about 8:30pm last night and to expect it in the next few days.

Just got notification by email and text from HN that it’s been shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

HDonal wrote: »
    Anybody waiting on HN tralee get any updates from them today?

Me. No word yet.

Advertisement