Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Asked today in smyths about customers and the PS5. The cashier said about 100 people a day are asking for a PS5 in person (figure with a pinch of salt) and they get annoyed, and some get angry when told why they can't have it. She says that it would be better if they didn't have the empty boxes on the shelves behind the till. Even though they've signs saying they won't have any till January.

Imagine up to 100 a day asking for it then many finding out they'll never get one.

Somebody even asked for it in the queue next to me when I was finishing up paying. When told she said she'd head to the other Smyths to ask. I don't blame the lad for not telling her not to bother. I'd say they're sick of telling people the hard truth and getting it in the neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Has anyone had any updates from Tesco?
    I thought those were going to be available for those who got a call a week or so back on Friday or Today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Has anyone had any updates from Tesco?
    I thought those were going to be available for those who got a call a week or so back on Friday or Today?

Collected mine Saturday in castlebar :D

St. Westy wrote: »
    Collected mine Saturday in castlebar :D

Did they send you a text or email with an order number or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Did they send you a text or email with an order number or anything?

nope, just emailed last Monday to confirm collection day and time (between 9-5 only) they sent a text Thursday to remind me, i went to customer service desk, asked for it, they radioed to the warehouse, 2 guys came out with it, checked my id, i paid and then the 1 of the guys carried it to my car for me as they wanted to make sure nothing happened, i joked saying hardly? and he was like, we aren't taking any chances :o:o all in all Tesco handled their restock impeccably in my eyes, over sold....then got 30 euro voucher, once restocked, they then looked after the disappointed customers from launch day instead of general sale, #tesco4life :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

St. Westy wrote: »
    nope, just emailed last Monday to confirm collection day and time (between 9-5 only) they sent a text Thursday to remind me, i went to customer service desk, asked for it, they radioed to the warehouse, 2 guys came out with it, checked my id, i paid and then the 1 of the guys carried it to my car for me as they wanted to make sure nothing happened, i joked saying hardly? and he was like, we aren't taking any chances :o:o all in all Tesco handled their restock impeccably in my eyes, over sold....then got 30 euro voucher, once restocked, they then looked after the disappointed customers from launch day instead of general sale, #tesco4life :pac::pac:

Nice one! :D Thanks for the info! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Anyone receive one from Amazon? I read on the stock thread that two posters ordered the 3rd of December with a delivery date of 31st of December (like myself). However, last Thursday their order was showing up as the delivery was processed and on its way. Yet mine remains the 31st.

They haven't posted since so I'm assuming they have received them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Got the text from HN Tralee. They must have got them in this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

Just picked up mine in Tesco in Galway this morning. Fair play to them, they played a bit of a blinder with the process...unlike some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

lemonkey wrote: »
    Anyone receive one from Amazon? I read on the stock thread that two posters ordered the 3rd of December with a delivery date of 31st of December (like myself). However, last Thursday their order was showing up as the delivery was processed and on its way. Yet mine remains the 31st.

Mine was delivered on Friday. It was ordered on the 3rd but at the time of ordering it was saying back in stock on the 14th with an expected delivery of the 16th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Mine was delivered on Friday. It was ordered on the 3rd but at the time of ordering it was saying back in stock on the 14th with an expected delivery of the 16th.

And it wasn't an airfryer or cat food? :pac:

I remember when it was posted ''Amazon GO GO'' that the 14th and 31st were the dates alright. Still the 31st here but fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Accounting13

lemonkey wrote: »

Hey, mine came last Friday from Amazon in the end! There was an actual PS5 in the box when I opened it which was a bonus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

Any news from HN Galway? Seems like every other HN has them at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 19 staplrsvrd

Mine's in HN Waterford, said the warehouse are processing orders and should be sent out by Wednesday...fingers crossed because it's cutting it close now with Christmas next week

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

I'm waiting on Harvey Norman Galway click and collect

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Satshreyn10187

Picked up from GameStop Patrick street this morn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Picked up from GameStop Patrick street this morn

Still waiting on word from them re delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

I’m done with all the stress. Have my ps5. I hope all the others pull through in time for Christmas for everyone. I’ll never let the kids say they want such a high demand present for Christmas again after this lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

My PS5 is out for delivery from HN to Mayo address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Satshreyn10187

Corvo wrote: »
    Hopefully should be soon they rang Saturday to arrange time I went in this morn no q maybe if u popped in u could get collection instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

I went in this morn no q maybe if u pooped in u could get collection instead

Really can't see this helping anyone's cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

Finally this saga is the through. Picked up my digital edition from Harvey Norman's Tralee this evening.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting. Keep the faith!

And have a very happy and healthy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Scarlet1989

Corvo wrote: »

Got an email about 30 mins ago saying its been shipped. Looks like there's finally a budge on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

audman13 wrote: »
    I'm waiting on Harvey Norman Galway click and collect

Did they contact you recently? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Got an email about 30 mins ago saying its been shipped. Looks like there's finally a budge on them!

Thank you for this, I’ll keep an eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Good to see that guy's post trying to flog his PS5 deleted... Collected mine this evening manager in the store who's been there 10 years said he's never been so disgusted with scammers trying it on it was so disheartening for him to see genuine gamers not been able to secure one.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Hi everyone,

If anyone has got a spare controller for PS5 and wants to swap for Demon Souls the game let us know.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Anyone still waiting on a Littlewoods order from 3rd December batch? Mine's still in the depot in Portlaoise since last Wednesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Danick wrote: »
    Did they contact you recently? Thanks

No. Have you heard from them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

Thank you harold the journey is over

Advertisement