Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

Just got mine delivered from Gamestop, delighted, was not expecting it before Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

magic17 wrote: »
    Just got mine delivered from Gamestop, delighted, was not expecting it before Christmas!

Hi Magic, do you mind me asking if they notified you prior to delivery? With a tracking number etc? Or did it just turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CDALY91

Not sure if this has been asked previously but does anyone know how to register PS5 for 1 Year Extended Warranty and 90 day extension. I can get to the page for warranty extension, then asks for country origin and after this i'm just brought to playstation homepage.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

audman13 wrote: »
    No. Have you heard from them

It's my mate's order but no - when he rang yesterday they told him they would have stock in last night or today and would be calling everyone to tell them their PS5s are in stock - he is hoping to get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Danick wrote: »
    It's my mate's order but no - when he rang yesterday they told him they would have stock in last night or today and would be calling everyone to tell them their PS5s are in stock - he is hoping to get it today.

Is that for the Galway store

• Advertisement

Is that for the Galway store

Yes he was talking to Galway store

Yes he was talking to Galway store

If he hears anything will you post it on here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

Got my receipt from the Galway store via email just there, not sure what that means

Got my receipt from the Galway store via email just there, not sure what that means

Got phone call and email from Galway store for click and collect

Just got the call from Galway store. Ready for collection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jackb73

Had you seleceted delivery or C & C?

Jackb73 wrote: »
    Had you seleceted delivery or C & C?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Are we not allowed to ask about swapping a disk version for a digital version?

Similar to yourself - he got the call and opted to collect even though he had paid for delivery - he said they couldn't have been nicer - had it boxed and all - he's a lucky sod! I have resigned myself to the fact that it will be well into the new year before I get one - hope you enjoy the console

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Creamycheese

Are we not allowed to ask about swapping a disk version for a digital version?

I tried, but my post was deleted. Not looking to sell - purely swap and cover price difference. Seemed reasonable to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I tried, but my post was deleted. Not looking to sell - purely swap and cover price difference. Seemed reasonable to me?

Boards.ie manage Adverts for that reason, might be better on there but expect to be dealing with looneys who offer mad sh*t. "Swap for a kettle with no lid, and cash your way" type of offers.

Although you'd be more likely to get a queue of straight up and honest people as well who are desperate to give you money as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Berty wrote: »
    Boards.ie manage Adverts for that reason, might be better on there but expect to be dealing with looneys who offer mad sh*t. "Swap for a kettle with no lid, and cash your way" type of offers.

Although you'd be more likely to get a queue of straight up and honest people as well who are desperate to give you money as well.

I tried to put an ad on done deal and they told me no selling PS5s and took it down. I wasn't trying to sell, only trying to swap a disk version for a digital version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just collected a PS5 from Tesco for €499.99, following an earlier unsuccessful pre-order a month ago.
    Of course, thanks to the earlier €30 voucher they gave me, this really means the console cost me €469.99, which isn't shabby!

Still no movement on HN Galway for delivery by the looks of things, may be a bit tight for Christmas at this rate!

Still no movement on HN Galway for delivery by the looks of things, may be a bit tight for Christmas at this rate!

Ring them - my mate had paid for delivery but he rang and they said call in and collect it - he got it last night.

• Advertisement

Ring them - my mate had paid for delivery but he rang and they said call in and collect it - he got it last night.

Rang them there and it's boxed up ready to be sent out for delivery this evening, handier for me than picking it up since I'm in Roscommon, should be here before Christmas! Happy out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Received mine from GameStop around 4pm today.

I was nervous that it would arrive when I was occasionally popping into the office and as a new tenant on a street where I am unfamiliar with the neighbours etc I was very nervous of it being left somewhere a few doors down etc.

Sure enough the UPS tracking said tomorrow but arrived today.

All’s well that ends well and I’ve just fired up Astro’s Playroom.

Just wanted to thank you all for your very helpful updates, wish you the best in obtaining one soon and a Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Souxziesue

I tried to put an ad on done deal and they told me no selling PS5s and took it down. I wasn't trying to sell, only trying to swap a disk version for a digital version.

Are you looking to swap for a digital version? As in you have the disk version and are looking for the digital?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭FaganJr

When will you be able to walk into a shop and pick one of these up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

FaganJr wrote: »

No one really knows. My guess would be March with the next few batches that come in being sold online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭FaganJr

No one really knows. My guess would be March with the next few batches that come in being sold online.

Hoping to get one before end of January for son's birthday, talked him out of it for Xmas

Cant seem to order one online, Smyths says Pre Order's fulfilled. I presumed this was for launch?
    No option in Gamestop either?

Just a waiting game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

FaganJr wrote: »

If there is another Level 5 lockdown in January (looking likely), stock wont be freely available till March/April.

There will definitely be more stock before that but like now you will need to be quick/on the lookout.

Didn’t even know about Tesco pre-order earlier this month but in fairness from what I’ve read on here they knocked it out of the park to follow up with people’s orders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Waiting for the dispatch email from Smyths. The funny thing is I'd actually unfollowed the PS Stock thread on Thursday because I was sick of chasing drops that lasted 30 seconds on whatever site they went up on because they'd sold out. It's only because of I had to get up early on Saturday morning to drop the car to be serviced and clicked on the Stock thread out of boredom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭facehugger99

From the updates posted on the other thread it seems like Smyths are working backwards with their dispatches.

I got my order confirmation at 8.11am and still no dispatch email yet.

Advertisement