Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AS0696

Hi guys I'm just wondering about those of you who have deliveries arriving today with DPD. Are ye getting them from Smyths or HN? I'm HN and my tracking hasn't been updated since I placed my order on the 29th "Order data received from sender"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

AS0696 wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm just wondering about those of you who have deliveries arriving today with DPD. Are ye getting them from Smyths or HN? I'm HN and my tracking hasn't been updated since I placed my order on the 29th "Order data received from sender"

I think all of us getting them today are getting them from Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Waifuhub wrote: »
    Congrats to all of ye! I'm holding out hope that mine changes to a delivery alert here.

Let’s see who wins. Waterford or Galway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

In a van and due for delivery. Recevied now but time stamp 8:30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

My Smyths’ order is out for delivery as well. :)

From previous experience with DPD, sometimes we’ve had no update at all until it arrived at the door. Hopefully that might happen for some of you with no updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Text and email saying 2-3pm today. Ill be surprised, the amount of times DPD didn't show for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

You are all bastards :D

As for Harvey Norman they did say it would be the 5th of Feb at least.
    Has anyone gotten a Harvey Norman order yet?

As for DPD they are better lately from my experience delivering at the time I get the text/email for.
    My only issue is they have a tendency to drop stuff at our gate behind the wall lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

coolisin wrote: »
    You are all bastards :D

As for DPD they are better lately from my experience delivering at the time I get the text/email for.
    My only issue is they have a tendency to drop stuff at our gate behind the wall lately.

Yep in my case it's always behind the flowerpot even if there is someone in the house. Left a note on the door before saying "please ring the bell it's very easy to use". Since then, they always knock!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Sarn wrote: »
    My Smyths’ order is out for delivery as well. :)

From previous experience with DPD, sometimes we’ve had no update at all until it arrived at the door. Hopefully that might happen for some of you with no updates.

Just arrived with no update,he said they were tearing busy today,I wonder why 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I spoke with a very nice chap at Harvey Norman's yesterday and he told me stock is arriving into them on Friday of this week and they'll dispatch asap. The delay emails are to give them time to organise everything. He didn't come outright and say it, but I got the impression they expect to fulfill the orders asap and the delay emails are just to cover themselves.

So don't expect anything from HN until next week I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery

Smyths really came through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

puzl wrote: »
    I spoke with a very nice chap at Harvey Norman's yesterday and he told me stock is arriving into them on Friday of this week and they'll dispatch asap. The delay emails are to give them time to organise everything. He didn't come outright and say it, but I got the impression they expect to fulfill the orders asap and the delay emails are just to cover themselves.

So don't expect anything from HN until next week I would say.

Ah yeah i hope thats the case!
    I've had Harvey Norman pull the delay **** before so I went from joy to depression with the ps5 :P
    But anyway its on order I hope to get it as soon as they can fulfill.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lazy_sheep

Hey folks, I am sorry to hear that HN is delaying their orders, but really happy about people who will have it from Smyth's.

I have managed to get PS5 through the LW and it says that it is dispatched, but it seems to be stuck:

28 January, 2021 20:20:01 Received at WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    28 January, 2021 20:20:00 Despatched from WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    28 January, 2021 10:31:40 Despatched from SUPPLIER
    27 January, 2021 09:58:23 Order being processed at supplier

When do you think PS5 might actually be delivered in Dublin? Original delivery says that it is 2 March, 2021, but that does not sound right considering it is already on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

lazy_sheep wrote: »
    Hey folks, I am sorry to hear that HN is delaying their orders, but really happy about people who will have it from Smyth's.

I have managed to get PS5 through the LW and it says that it is dispatched, but it seems to be stuck:

28 January, 2021 20:20:01 Received at WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    28 January, 2021 20:20:00 Despatched from WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    28 January, 2021 10:31:40 Despatched from SUPPLIER
    27 January, 2021 09:58:23 Order being processed at supplier

When do you think PS5 might actually be delivered in Dublin? Original delivery says that it is 2 March, 2021, but that does not sound right considering it is already on the way.

Mine is the same, I'd imagine it's Brexit related and we'll have them sometime this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lazy_sheep

nice, this would be actually pretty good, but it will most likely be delivered with Fastway and I don't have great experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

My wife surprised me with a PS5 today that she managed to order from Smyths after following the stock thread on here!

Delighted with that and genuinely had no idea about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

My wife surprised me with a PS5 today that she managed to order from Smyths after following the stock thread on here!

Delighted with that and genuinely had no idea about it!

Divorce her and marry her again she is that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Waifuhub

Anyone else having issues with DPD? Mine still says travelling through the DPD network but when I messaged their live chat team it said my consignment wasn't in their system. Then they said it hadn't been scanned when I brought up that I had been told the exact same thing last night and I had to contact Smyths or something cos my number is wrong.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

DPD just delivered. Woohoo!

Gonna be a long afternoon in work!

Waifuhub wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with DPD? Mine still says travelling through the DPD network but when I messaged their live chat team it said my consignment wasn't in their system. Then they said it hadn't been scanned when I brought up that I had been told the exact same thing last night and I had to contact Smyths or something cos my number is wrong.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Still getting Please enter a valid numeric consignment number so I reckon I'm worse off than you. I haven't contacted anybody yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

FYI my Smyth's order is out for delivery with UPS from the Waterford depot. I'm in rural Co. Kilkenny.

L'prof wrote: »
    Still getting Please enter a valid numeric consignment number so I reckon I'm worse off than you. I haven't contacted anybody yet

Decided to log a ticket with them to see if everything is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Decided to log a ticket with them to see if everything is ok

I still have not got a text from DPD either after ordering one in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vaccinehope21

Also getting this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

max life wrote: »
    I still have not got a text from DPD either after ordering one in Smyths

Try tracking your parcel through your order on the Smyth's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Happy days for all you people landing PS5s. I was reading a reddit thread on the state of enhanced games and so much **** is dropping this week it's going to be an awesome time to be starting into PS5 goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

puzl wrote: »
    Happy days for all you people landing PS5s. I was reading a reddit thread on the state of enhanced games and so much **** is dropping this week it's going to be an awesome time to be starting into PS5 goodness.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kilters

Smyths order. Stuck on "Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network ". I'm in Dublin 11
    C'mon DPD. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Try tracking your parcel through your order on the Smyth's website.

Thanks. Tried that and still the same message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 AS0696

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Link?

I don't have a link but IIRC God of War and The Devision are getting their PS5 updates. 4K60fps modes etc. Also Control Ultimate Edition is free with PS+ this month

Advertisement