Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Anyones base stand keep falling off the ps5 ? - bugging me everytime someone pushes it slightly - or moves it to plug in the controller at the back - and the base its balancing on just slopes off and ps5 slides lopsided all over the place.
    Terrible design not being able to lie it flat without an accessory.

I have to have mine horizontally. Don't want to use tape or anything that will stain it - but probably will have to. Where's my kragle?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I was convinced I'd have to lie it flat but I measured my shelves today and realised I should have about a half inch of clearance vertically with the stand on, so win. It does seem a bit rubbish in horizontal. I'm sure there will be better third party ones available soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

ozmo wrote: »
    Anyones base stand keep falling off the ps5 ? - bugging me everytime someone pushes it slightly - or moves it to plug in the controller at the back - and the base its balancing on just slopes off and ps5 slides lopsided all over the place.

I have to have mine horizontally. Don't want to use tape or anything that will stain it - but probably will have to. Where's my kragle?

Did you click the stand into place at the back like it shows you in the manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Still no shipping confirmation from gamestop. Anyone get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

kkontour wrote: »
    Me too. I did get the delayed email, but just got the shipped email now.ðŸ‘

How long was your original delay for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Corvo

That should definitely not be happening. My stand is solidly in place on it and I mean the PS5 does not budge.

I'd take it off and do it again, theres a few Youtube vids in case you are stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

puzl wrote: »
    How long was your original delay for?
    Got this last sunday
    Unfortunately we're experiencing a delay of 8 day(s) with the following items of your order: Bundle 2 | DualSense™ controller With Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | BUNDLE2. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
    The backorder changes to Feb 8th.
    Then at 2:30pm today I got this
    Your order 9904xx has been processed, packed and shipped with DPD . It should be with you soon. Your tracking number is XXXXXXXX and you can track your package here from 6pm this evening.

That's good to know... Mine was delayed 6 days but I haven't heard a peep from them since. Maybe I'll get back onto them again just in case.

Did you click the stand into place at the back like it shows you in the manual?

Doesn't click - just kind of slots in - I matched it up exactly with the marks and pushed all the way - but there is no real click that holds it firmly.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Doesn't click - just kind of slots in - I matched it up exactly with the marks and pushed all the way - but there is no real click that holds it firmly.

That's weird. Mine stays solid on the base and doesn't move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 AS0696

I was watching a YouTube video last night of a review and he showed when it lies flat the stands is loose and can slip off if you have to move it when getting at the back of the console for example which is a bit disappointing. Sony seems to have it designed in a way that favours the console standing upright

Edit: https://youtu.be/1Z9c2Ca15tc
    This is the video you can skip to about 3:20 to see

That's weird. Mine stays solid on the base and doesn't move.

Not just me - everyone on this thread has same issue ->

https://www.resetera.com/threads/when-its-lying-down-i-find-the-ps5-stand-loose-anyone-else.330779/

Mine is horizontal - so there is no screw used - I have it positioned exactly on the marks and screw door closed - but if it anyone moves it out to access anything on the shelf - it falls off.

Just found a spoof video - I think Microsoft had on their twitter at one stage about it...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Out with the old - in with the new! Photo won’t rotate for some reason but you get the idea!

Delighted :P

541918.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anniearenyouok

kkontour wrote: »
    Got this last sunday

The backorder changes to Feb 8th.
    Then at 2:30pm today I got this

Good news, mine stlll stuck on backordered from 6th Feb. Did you get an email or did you have to keep checking your HN account for the status?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Good news, mine stlll stuck on backordered from 6th Feb. Did you get an email or did you have to keep checking your HN account for the status?

Got two emails, one with an invoice and the other was a despatch email.
    Someone else got a similar dispatch email earlier today
    I have a feeling most, if not all, will be getting their PS5 before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

never even used the stand....stands alone just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Out with the old - in with the new! Photo won’t rotate for some reason but you get the idea!

541918.jpeg

wheres the ps4?! :D

Oh man if you're going from PS3 to PS5 you're in for an absolute treat.

Get paplus and play those back catalogue games added for ps5 users.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭josip

Wow, does the horizontal/vertical PS5 problem even affect photos of it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,101 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

lazy_sheep wrote: »
    Did you get any update from LW about missing controller?

Haven't contacted them yet, waiting to see if it's just me or they've done this to everyone. Also... I've been playing the console :-)

Slight coil whine (I think) off mine. It's practically silent compared to the PS4 Pro but not completely silent like my Series X. Slightly disappointing there.

I've always disliked the PlayStation controller compared to Xbox but they've finally changed the shape of it with dualsense, feels much nicer in the hand. I think it's mainly that it's just slightly bigger. The rumble in Astros playground can be cool at times but most of the time is a bit gimmicky, I think less is more there but I guess the whole point of the game is to showcase the controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Haven't contacted them yet, waiting to see if it's just me or they've done this to everyone. Also... I've been playing the console :-)

Slight coil whine (I think) off mine. It's practically silent compared to the PS4 Pro but not completely silent like my Series X. Slightly disappointing there.

I've always disliked the PlayStation controller compared to Xbox but they've finally changed the shape of it with dualsense, feels much nicer in the hand. I think it's mainly that it's just slightly bigger. The rumble in Astros playground can be cool at times but most of the time is a bit gimmicky, I think less is more there but I guess the whole point of the game is to showcase the controller.

I did not get a controller as well just the ps5 (1 of 1 packages from fastway)
    i will have to contact them to see what the story is 590 for just the ps5 is a bit of a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,101 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It could be they did the consoles via Fastway and just posted the second controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lazy_sheep

second gamepad is missing for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kquey95

What time did your littlewoods delivery arrive at? Mine was loaded onto the van at 7:52 this morning but still hasnt arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lazy_sheep

17:17

• Registered Users Posts: 41 la2021x

With LW How long were your orders despatched from wednesbury before they moved elsewhere/arrived , and was the next movement to fastway hub?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kquey95

la2021x wrote: »
    With LW How long were your orders despatched from wednesbury before they moved elsewhere/arrived , and was the next movement to fastway hub?

Think it was despatched on 28th and got notified this morn that Fastway had it. No notifications in between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

GameStop dropped digital edition stock earlier today and I somehow managed to get one after the website continuously crashing for the previous 25 minutes. Money taken out of the account, order email and confirmation number received. Had an issue with Amazon DE on Monday where I had ordered a disc one (no money taken out of the account) and I was told that the order was a dud due to some glitch in the checkout process where they over sold. With anyone’s experience with GameStop, should I be ok? and how are they on the dispatch time front? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

I got an e-receipt from HN today and a notification from DPD that parcel is processing from my Sligo store despite getting a 6-day delay email a few days ago.

Re the receipt, I notice the items are itemised (ie not as bundle) so I think that might mean we can bring them in for store credit (if not even cash). Might be of interest to those who got games, controllers they don't want. It went to my spam folder.

Interesting to hear others with delays got shipping notice too, post here if you receive it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    GameStop dropped digital edition stock earlier today and I somehow managed to get one after the website continuously crashing for the previous 25 minutes. Money taken out of the account, order email and confirmation number received. Had an issue with Amazon DE on Monday where I had ordered a disc one (no money taken out of the account) and I was told that the order was a dud due to some glitch in the checkout process where they over sold. With anyone’s experience with GameStop, should I be ok? and how are they on the dispatch time front? Thanks

If the console was in stock and they've taken the money. They are quick to dispatch and if it is in their (GS) possession. You should have it before the weekend.

Advertisement