Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

" I'd say they're well sick of us at this stage"

Thst maybe true, but on the other hand, if they sold say 500 consoles at 500e that's 250,000 minimum. You would imagine they would have a dedicated team in place to answer such quieres. They are one of the biggest retailers in Ireland and they knew PS5 in high demand.

A dedicated team to deal with PS5 enquiries? Ah, come on...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Weñl

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AS0696

I'm passing Little Island HN later getting the NCT done in the car so I'm gonna chance my arm and call in. Might get lucky and get my order off them if it hasn't gone out to DPD yet

Well a team could be made up of one or two people, depending on store. Getting pushed from billy to jack is not acceptable , unless you think it is? As i said, good money being paid, HN knew high demand on the product , i am of the opinion that management have been poor regarding communication to staff.

Staff simply hanging up or promising to call back etc.. falls short in customer care/after care. Again, they knew this was coming, why does the customer have to chase it up?

Well a team could be made up of one or two people, depending on store. Getting pushed from billy to jack is not acceptable , unless you think it is? As i said, good money being paid, HN knew high demand on the product , i am of the opinion that management have been poor regarding communication to staff.

Staff simply hanging up or promising to call back etc.. falls short in customer care/after care. Again, they knew this was coming, why does the customer have to chase it up?

So HN called me, told me my order wasn't processed ¡! So they will refund me into my bank, spoke to management who were nice and understanding, said it is happening to few orders (maybe over sold) they getting more in march! I toolk the cash refund. Just to beware, until you have it in hand don't count your chickens:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭joficeduns1

So HN called me, told me my order wasn't processed ¡! So they will refund me into my bank, spoke to management who were nice and understanding, said it is happening to few orders (maybe over sold) they getting more in march! I toolk the cash refund. Just to beware, until you have it in hand don't count your chickens:(

Sorry to hear, bad form from Harvey Norman this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 la2021x

Oh no I’m raging for you! Did you receive order confirmation/delay or anything prior?. Hopefully there will be plenty more drops coming.

Sorry to hear, bad form from Harvey Norman this week.

Tbh, i think i knew it wasn't to be, gut feeling. Delighted for those who did get one!

Better communication is needed, only for i followed up i would-be waiting...

la2021x wrote: »
    Oh no I’m raging for you! Did you receive order confirmation/delay or anything prior?. Hopefully there will be plenty more drops coming.

I had a delayed e-mail from 6th February.

It was a bundle, maybe they sold mine to someone else, I dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Tbh, i think i knew it wasn't to be, gut feeling. Delighted for those who did get one!

Better communication is needed, only for i followed up i would-be waiting...

I have that same gut feeling if I'm honest!

I wonder is it due to the links that were duplicated or even staff buying them before it's realised

• Advertisement

I have that same gut feeling if I'm honest!

I wonder is it due to the links that were duplicated or even staff buying them before it's realised

I genuinely hope for all of us on backordered this isn’t the case, the guy on the phone earlier tried to reassure me by saying look you have one allocated to you it’s not going anywhere, now that doesn’t seem so certain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Guess until I have it in my hands I wont believe it now.
    Gutted for you insert name here 123

But Im feeling like I might be with you.
    The lack of contact does not fill me with joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rrud24

To those of you in Cork... just off the phone with the Kinsale road store and a sound chap told me that they will be sorting out all orders ASAP and I should have my PS5 for Wednesday (delivered with DPD) Also, all orders for the Kinsale Road store will be sorted. So hopefully no one gets any calls about cancelled orders!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

How are you telling what HN store is its coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Mine arrived at lunch time today, HN via DPD

Thanks for everyones help

542200.JPG

User142 wrote: »
    How are you telling what HN store is its coming from?

Ring your local store and give them order number or go in if allowed and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

So I just got an order update from HN to say mine just shipped which is odd as I collected it around noon.

They sent me an xbox series x I cancelled will I now get a second ps5 hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

recyclops wrote: »
    So I just got an order update from HN to say mine just shipped which is odd as I collected it around noon.

They sent me an xbox series x I cancelled will I now get a second ps5 hahaha

If they do I'm here for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

penev10 wrote: »
    Mine arrived at lunch time today, HN via DPD

Thanks for everyones help

I can't see it ;) Enjoy your launch day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Neeson_01

For those who got a pre-order with Smyths this morning or previously, when was your card charged? Right away, or when it ships?

EDIT - just reread the email, it says they don't charge until its shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

I managed to pre-order disc version this morning on Smyth's, was it a pre-orders last Saturday week when they last went on sale? And if it was how long before dispatch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Neeson_01

MRJ wrote: »
    I managed to pre-order disc version this morning on Smyth's, was it a pre-orders last Saturday week when they last went on sale? And if it was how long before dispatch?

Someone in the other thread said they pre-ordered last Sat, had it on Tuesday. Fingers crossed its the same this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

MRJ wrote: »

Last time was pre-order Saturday.

Payment taken Monday morning.

Shipped Monday.

Delivered Tuesday.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can finally migrate from the update thread to this thread, thank you smyths. Only a preorder with an estimated date of February but I've waited this long for one so whats another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

klose wrote: »
    Can finally migrate from the update thread to this thread, thank you smyths. Only a preorder with an estimated date of February but I've waited this long for one so whats another few weeks.

Same woo hoo. It's for a present so absolutely delighted I secured it

Thanks to all boardsies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Very nervous about the HN order now considering we've had no update apart from the delay, and an order on here has been cancelled too...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

klose wrote: »

It was Per Orders last Saturday also and they were delivered Tuesday, so hopefully yous won't have too long to wait!

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Very nervous about the HN order now considering we've had no update apart from the delay, and an order on here has been cancelled too...

Getting very boring now, 2 Smyths drops since and they will probably receive them and all by the time we get an update lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Just had DPD, drop it in, well leave it behind a wall in the rain (Very light rain!)!!
    I had zero update to say it would be delivered so savage surprise.

I was expecting to be cancelled after hearing yesterday of a cancellation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Has anyone here collected from kinsale Rd HN or had any positive correspondence from them?

Advertisement