Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AS0696

coolisin wrote: »
    Just had DPD, drop it in, well leave it behind a wall in the rain (Very light rain!)!!
    I had zero update to say it would be delivered so savage surprise.

I was expecting to be cancelled after hearing yesterday of a cancellation.

Unreal! Where abouts in the country are you? Did you get any update from DPD yesterday? I got a new tracking number yesterday but it just says "Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network" since last night

n32 wrote: »
    Has anyone here collected from kinsale Rd HN or had any positive correspondence from them?

Not Kinsale Rd but I called into Little Island yesterday and they had 3 consoles upstairs in there but none were mine. They wouldn't answer the phone all day. I wanted to tell them I'd collect mine that evening because I was passing getting the NCT done but DPD collected it at 3 apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 41 la2021x

coolisin wrote: »
    Just had DPD, drop it in, well leave it behind a wall in the rain (Very light rain!)!!
    I had zero update to say it would be delivered so savage surprise.

I was expecting to be cancelled after hearing yesterday of a cancellation.

Brilliant news! Enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

I have had no correspondence with HN since ordering. Chanced my arm going to store this morning and said I was expecting to be contacted yesterday. Could I collect since I am here... Have it in hand now!!

Worth a shot for anyone still in the dark

I have had no correspondence with HN since ordering. Chanced my arm going to store this morning and said I was expecting to be contacted yesterday. Could I collect since I am here... Have it in hand now!!

Worth a shot for anyone still in the dark

What store was this? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Decridmac

Has anyone here collected from kinsale Rd HN or had any positive correspondence from them?

Yes - collected mine from there on Thursday. Think the plan was to send them to DPD for shipping. You should call them - they are very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

AS0696 wrote: »
    Unreal! Where abouts in the country are you? Did you get any update from DPD yesterday? I got a new tracking number yesterday but it just says "Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network" since last night

South East this was from the Waterford store.
    My HN account was still on backorder at 4pm yesterday the last time I checked was waiting for an email didn't think I'd have an update after that.

No email or text to say it was sent.
    Checked the tracking number and I was sent at 4:30 yesterday.
    Sat in the DPD network etc.
    Delivery at 10:15

Sucks I haven't had a chance to open the box yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I wonder when the supply increases to the point where they aren't sold out the minute they appear online.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 el pistolero

Still absolutely no updates from HN/DPD Spiderman bundle so far. Contacted blancherdstown store earlier and they told it would be shipped yesterday but nothing so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Still absolutely no updates from HN/DPD Spiderman bundle so far. Contacted blancherdstown store earlier and they told it would be shipped yesterday but nothing so far

Did you not get a DPD tracking link? should arrive today anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 el pistolero

penev10 wrote: »
    Did you not get a DPD tracking link? should arrive today anyway

No nothing no email no text message. Order status is processing and just received confirmation email when I placed an order last Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Decridmac wrote: »
    Yes - collected mine from there on Thursday. Think the plan was to send them to DPD for shipping. You should call them - they are very friendly.

Called up on spec and got sorted . Was able to return the camera and extra controller too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

No nothing no email no text message. Order status is processing and just received confirmation email when I placed an order last Friday

Same here - no update at all apart from when I rang, which wasn't really an update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

funnydoggy wrote: »
    I wonder when the supply increases to the point where they aren't sold out the minute they appear online.

Last week in Smyths they were still available half an hour after they landed on site. This morning people seem to have been able to get them almost an hour later. Every week that goes by sees hundreds fewer people looking for one, and the scalping value drops too. Very few over face value on FB marketplace. I'd say we're still a good way off being able to pick one up literally anywhere on a whim, but it's definitely heading that way.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Just off the phone to HN Swords, wondering if I could get an update on an order # or possibly collect
    (I found out which store was handling the delivery from the email with the link to order)

He said 3 van loads left there yesterday, approx 200 consoles and theres a backlog on paperwork for shipping notifications etc

They should be landing either today or tomorrow he has advised, fingers crossed for everyone!

So turns out that my order wasnt actually shipped from Swords. I rang them again and gave order # and was informed that the order was shipped from the Blanch store yesterday and if I had any further queries I was to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anniearenyouok

For anyone who has successfully ordered bundles from HN, were you able to return the game and extra control for a refund?

I don't need the game or controller but was my only option when ordering.

Im still waiting to receive mine, im just wondering if there was an issue returning the game or controller.

Thanks

Called up on spec and got sorted . Was able to return the camera and extra controller too

Did you get full refund from HN for the camera and controller?

Did you get full refund from HN for the camera and controller?

Ya , picked up the bundle and said it to them and was redirected to checkout desk and they took them back and said it will be refunded in full online. 128 quid back in the pocket!

Ya , picked up the bundle and said it to them and was redirected to checkout desk and they took them back and said it will be refunded in full online. 128 quid back in the pocket!

Im going to try and do this when mine is delivered!

Im going to try and do this when mine is delivered!

They're individually labelled and itemised on the receipt so you'll be grand

• Advertisement

The status of my HN order has changed to collected? I’ve received no email or movement on DPD, was everyone the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

mine arrived from gamestop yesterday afternoon. The only problem I had was transferring games and data from my PS4 to the PS5. I had to do it via a LAN connection rather than WiFi.

So turns out that my order wasnt actually shipped from Swords. I rang them again and gave order # and was informed that the order was shipped from the Blanch store yesterday and if I had any further queries I was to contact them.
    Rang blanch, they "couldn't access the order on their system" and put me through to online orders

They told me They're being shipped out on Monday, I asked could I collect today as it hadn't been shipped yet, he confirmed I could. I rang blanch again to double check and they assured me it would be no problem to pop over and they'll sort me out.

Drove to blanch and they flat out refused to hand it over..sound lads. I understand they are under pressure with the orders, but a small update via email wouldn't be too much to ask for surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Decridmac

la2021x wrote: »
    The status of my HN order has changed to collected? I’ve received no email or movement on DPD, was everyone the same?

If you haven't collected it, then call them to confirm. Shouldnt be saying that if it wasn't collected.

la2021x wrote: »

I had the same yesterday. Got a text from Harvey Norman then this morning saying my order has been shipped and they emailed me correspondence. But I got nothing no invoice or anything. Gonna ring them Monday to sort it

Just to update on HN orders.

I called blanch, had my Ps5, I collected it.

They wouldn't take back the game or controller.

I didn't know where I stood from a consumer rights point of view. Happy to have the console but cant understand why they wouldn't take the two items back. I also didn't get a receipt or invoice, I was told they have my information on file so no need for receipt?

I thought I had 14 days to return any item, lets say the controller and game didnt work, they would have to refund me anyway? Or would they :

😆●●●●●●●manager from store rang me, told me because i had spiderman game I can return it to store with the extra controller. Seems some arrangement with Sony, they wont take back sackboy game for some reason. So all good, Ps5, and 130e back into bank few day's 🀑

Just to update on HN orders.

I called blanch, had my Ps5, I collected it.

They wouldn't take back the game or controller.

I didn't know where I stood from a consumer rights point of view. Happy to have the console but cant understand why they wouldn't take the two items back. I also didn't get a receipt or invoice, I was told they have my information on file so no need for receipt?

I thought I had 14 days to return any item, lets say the controller and game didnt work, they would have to refund me anyway? Or would they replace?

Confused.com

Good to know you received yours, I got the run around from 4 different people so I'm still unsure whether one will actually be delivered next week.

What time was this at if you don't mind me asking?

Good to know you received yours, I got the run around from 4 different people so I'm still unsure whether one will actually be delivered next week.

What time was this at if you don't mind me asking?

Rang me lunchtime. Ring your store and talk to manager in computer section. You should be able to collect.

AS0696 wrote: »
    I had the same yesterday. Got a text from Harvey Norman then this morning saying my order has been shipped and they emailed me correspondence. But I got nothing no invoice or anything. Gonna ring them Monday to sort it

Won't get an invoice, you're details on their system.

• Advertisement

Rang me lunchtime. Ring your store and talk to manager in computer section. You should be able to collect.

That's the very person who came out to me and was being a bit of an arsehole tbh. Anyways, hopefully it gets here next week. I'm not confident that it's gonna get here but we shall see.

Advertisement