Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Neeson_01 wrote: »
    For those who got a pre-order with Smyths this morning or previously, when was your card charged? Right away, or when it ships?

EDIT - just reread the email, it says they don't charge until its shipped.

Are you worried you haven’t got sufficient funds. Last week I had no money in the bank. At 6am Monday got an email saying update within 24hrs. Lodged at 10am, paid it 11pm. Got my PS5 the next day. Just in case anyone is worried it’ll be cancelled instantly. It’s in their T&Cs to give you 24hrs to sort it. Said it before, can’t commend them enough. I really don’t trust keeping money in banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I really don’t trust keeping money in banks.

Under the mattress a safer spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Yeah very off topic but wtf? How do you normally do online purhcases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Astro's Playroom is sincerely the first 'new console' experience that's made me feel like I've actually bought a new console since the Wii. Have been through PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox one, Switch purchases since then and I've not enjoyed a new launch this much in I don't know how long. I love my switch and that was a great start but I play that handheld with joycons docked 99.999999% of the time so most of the switch benefits don't affect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

Got my shipping text from HN this morning. Hoping it comes today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Astro's Playroom is sincerely the first 'new console' experience that's made me feel like I've actually bought a new console since the Wii. Have been through PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox one, Switch purchases since then and I've not enjoyed a new launch this much in I don't know how long. I love my switch and that was a great start but I play that handheld with joycons docked 99.999999% of the time so most of the switch benefits don't affect me.

Every cameraman/game reference in the game.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/every-cameraman-reference-in-astros-playroom/ar-BB1aY4hJ#image=55

One of the kids was playing it yesterday and was going over to the Heavy Rain character and hitting him which would knock the origami off him. He'd reach over and pick it up, place it on himself and go back to playing dead. It sounds very stupid but we all got a great laugh out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elisacullen

Shipped Friday and arrived 10 minutes ago, very happy boy in the house! Ordered from the Waterford store, got an email detailing a 13 day delay so delighted it arrived so quick! (He would have drove us mad if he’d have to wait any longer)

I had rang the store last week to check about the delay and the guy I spoke to couldn’t have been more helpful. He did say that HN head office were being coy about delivery dates to stores for security reasons, seems they had concerns about shipments going missing....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Yeah the Playroom VR had the same effect as this for me. So much fun for everyone to sit around and play.
    Amazing showing off the controller vibration changing for different surfaces.
    Really cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

Has anyone who managed to secure a PS5 from Smyths on Saturday received a dispatch email?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Has anyone who managed to secure a PS5 from Smyths on Saturday received a dispatch email?

Nothing yet for me, funds are still in the account too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Anyone have any word on their digital version been shipped from the GameStop drop last week. They told me it would be shipped today, but no word.

luciddream wrote: »
    Nothing yet for me, funds are still in the account too.

A twitter page at @ps5_ireland posted a DM with Smyths saying they'd be shipped between the 9th and the 15th of this month. I also believe Smyths take funds out when the order is confirmed for dispatch or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 la2021x

Did anybody not receive any correspondence from HN/DPD and still receive their console?

I was on the phone to HN again today as I’ve still not received any email from DPD or themselves apart from the update on my invoice saying collected, he told me they shipped it 2 days ago on the 6th.. DPD are saying they haven’t received any package for me yet, and to contact the sender. Feel like I’m being bounced back are forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AS0696

la2021x wrote: »
    Did anybody not receive any correspondence from HN/DPD and still receive their console?

I was on the phone to HN again today as I’ve still not received any email from DPD or themselves apart from the update on my invoice saying collected, he told me they shipped it 2 days ago on the 6th.. DPD are saying they haven’t received any package for me yet, and to contact the sender. Feel like I’m being bounced back are forward.

They probably said this to you already but check your spam folder on your email. My shipping notification email from HN went in there and it had a new tracking number. not the same one I got after payment. Got a text then this morning from DPD with an hour timeslot on when it would be delivered today and I got it got it about 15 minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ninjapharaoh

My wife and I both orderd a PS5 on smyths to our address (she will give hers to her brother), should we cancel one of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Neeson_01

My wife and I both orderd a PS5 on smyths to our address (she will give hers to her brother), should we cancel one of them?

If anything like last week, Smyths will cancel one of them anyway. I think they are selling one per customer (going by card used to pay).

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ninjapharaoh

Neeson_01 wrote: »
    If anything like last week, Smyths will cancel one of them anyway. I think they are selling one per customer (going by card used to pay).

Ahh I see, well we had same card but just updated her order to use her card instead, lets see. I don't mind if they cancel one, just hope not both!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Yes, finally got to order one from GameStop, from the pre order queue last September

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

PS5 just touched down from Amazon.de order last Tuesday. Had been scheduled to arrive the 11th so was a nice surprise to see it out for delivery this morning. Now to ship the smallies off to bed and get it set up

GameStop just shipped my digital edition order from last Wednesday. UPS are doing it, can't remember last time I dealt with them and if they're efficient or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    GameStop just shipped my digital edition order from last Wednesday. UPS are doing it, can't remember last time I dealt with them and if they're efficient or not.

UPS are very professional. You should have no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

HN rang me this morning and asked if I wanted to go in and collect instead of wait for delivery. I had received a 5 day delay email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

User142 wrote: »
    HN rang me this morning and asked if I wanted to go in and collect instead of wait for delivery. I had received a 5 day delay email.

Which store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

AlexTG356 wrote: »

UPS collected my Smyth's PS5 order in Dublin last Monday and delivered to me in rural Co. Kilkenny at around 11am the following day. Very good service.

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    UPS collected my Smyth's PS5 order in Dublin last Monday and delivered to me in rural Co. Kilkenny at around 11am the following day. Very good service.

Great news, thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sp00k

skerry wrote: »
    PS5 just touched down from Amazon.de order last Tuesday. Had been scheduled to arrive the 11th so was a nice surprise to see it out for delivery this morning. Now to ship the smallies off to bed and get it set up

Guessing it comes with a European plug when you order off the German amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Which store ?

Kinsale Rd Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

sp00k wrote: »
    Guessing it comes with a European plug when you order off the German amazon?

Yeah, had a little adaptor so I used that. That and instruction books don't have English on them but who uses those these days. Thought the PS4 cable would work but different connector it seems. All set up now, downloading Demon Souls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭daithihalton

Not yet, funds not taken yet either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 FowlBard109

skerry wrote: »

Which side of the country are you in if you dont mind me asking? I ordered from the same drop and it seems to be sitting in the Dublin sorting office since yesterday

Advertisement