Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Mine arrived while I was on lunch. Dropped it straight out to my sisters gaff on the way back to work and her partner was like a child on Christmas! Today's a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Order data received from sender

Head Office

11/2/2021 at 13:19

Looks like I am a day behind where you are, so not looking good for delivery tomorrow.

Mine is the exact same time, probably just a bulk update on their system. I have a feeling delivery times might be dependant on where you live. It would make sense for them to group delver when possible. Having said that I have zero idea where they centrally store things.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Head Office

... and mine is 13:22.

A big batch of orders there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Neeson_01

Some people who had got the first update from DPD got their delivery today, so some digital editions could still be delivered tomorrow. Could be based on location, or just whichever ones DPD grab first, who knows?

They're coming soon either way, but would love to spend Saturday on the couch with a PS5!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Neeson_01 wrote: »
    Some people who had got the first update from DPD got their delivery today, so some digital editions could still be delivered tomorrow. Could be based on location, or just whichever ones DPD grab first, who knows?

They're coming soon either way, but would love to spend Saturday on the couch with a PS5!

Bolded above: Ya that's what I'm thinking. DPD collected them from Smyths warehouse directly so I'd imagine a small van can only fit in so many sizeable boxes (not to mention Smyths other orders Toys..etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Head Office

Looks like I am a day behind where you are, so not looking good for delivery tomorrow.

I have the exact same times as yours, I'm feeling pretty optimistic that mine will be delivered here in Dublin tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

luciddream wrote:
    I have the exact same times as yours, I'm feeling pretty optimistic that mine will be delivered here in Dublin tomorrow.

I've had that since the 9th and still not a sign

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rubia6633

Ordered a digital edition last Saturday (Smyths) and just got a text to say it will be delivered tomorrow - Dublin based.

Tracking history

Head Office

10/2/2021 at 18:33

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

11/2/2021 at 16:33

Anyone here outside Dublin see any updates to tracking today? Trying to scope out how they're being delivered, could be Dublin first if that's where the warehouse is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GLeahy15

rubia6633 wrote: »
    Ordered a digital edition last Saturday (Smyths) and just got a text to say it will be delivered tomorrow - Dublin based.

Tracking history

Head Office

10/2/2021 at 18:33

Head Office

11/2/2021 at 16:33

I'm a minute after you but haven't received a text or update on the DPD website yet. Hopefully get one soon. I'm in Dublin also.

Head Office

10/2/2021 at 18:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Noelie155

Anyone here outside Dublin see any updates to tracking today? Trying to scope out how they're being delivered, could be Dublin first if that's where the warehouse is?

I'm in Dublin and it still says that the package is travelling through the DPD network

Noelie155 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin and it still says that the package is travelling through the DPD network

Huh, then I'm all out of guesses, must be just random!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

My sister in law ordered a half an hour after me and got her ps5 today. I still have the order data received from sender on the dpd tracking. I am starting to fear the worst.
    My money was taken from acc before hers was too.
    Dunno what to think... any chance it'll come tomo even though no updates on the dpd site?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

My sister in law ordered a half an hour after me and got her ps5 today. I still have the order data received from sender on the dpd tracking. I am starting to fear the worst.
    Dunno what to think... any chance it'll come tomo even though no updates on the dpd site?

The digital only ones seem to be processed a day later. Was that the difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Chances are you'll wake up with no tracking update, and then suddenly get a text at like 9am advising it's due for delivery a couple of hours later. Such is the DPD way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Just got my text from DPD for delivery tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭lisij

Got a text just now, digital version, whoop whoop busy weekend.

Finally an update - Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network.

Travel fast, little PS5!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rcartero

Travel fast, little PS5!

I'm the same!

The delays are likely due to the sheer amount of consoles dpd has to process, plus the weather isn't helping...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Travel fast, little PS5!

Well one thing is for sure and that is the console isn't little. They're fecking massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Chances are you'll wake up with no tracking update, and then suddenly get a text at like 9am advising it's due for delivery a couple of hours later. Such is the DPD way.

U were dead right. Just got a txt an hour ago that it's coming tomorrow. Woohoo

Both my console and sister in law are the cd version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭touts

No text yet so not looking good for tomorrow and I'm pretty sure DPD don't normally deliver in my area on Saturdays so unless Smyths have an arrangement for Saturday delivery then it's looking like Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

U were dead right. Just got a txt an hour ago that it's coming tomorrow. Woohoo

Both my console and sister in law are the cd version.

Your brother married a ps5 disc version? or is your console his wife.

I had a laugh at the way you worded it. Multiple levels of unintentional hilarity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

DPD dropped mine off today exactly when they said. Happy days. Haven't had a chance to play it yet with all the updates and setting up. Roll on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

Payment for digital version taken lunchtime on Wednesday. Tracking update:

Head Office
    11/2/2021 at 13:18

Head Office
    11/2/2021 at 23:32

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery

12/2/2021 at 8:08

In Dublin, no text confirming the hour slot but it will be here today! ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Just received an email myself saying it's out for delivery this morning, happy days! Now for the longest day of work ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

Sottol wrote: »
    Payment for digital version taken lunchtime on Wednesday. Tracking update:

Head Office
    11/2/2021 at 13:18

Head Office
    11/2/2021 at 23:32

12/2/2021 at 8:08

In Dublin, no text confirming the hour slot but it will be here today! ☺️

Text just received delivery between 1 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I’m the same, moved through the network last night and out for delivery now (also Dublin).

Hopefully a good sign for all others waiting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Head Office

11/2/2021 at 13:22

Head Office

11/2/2021 at 22:12

Dpd Westmeath/Offaly

12/2/2021 at 7:49

No text yet at 9.23

EDIT: text at 10.00, delivery scheduled from 12.42 to 13.42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Curry's should be getting a lot of stick for the way they handled their last batch of PS5's. Ridiculous carry on.

Advertisement