Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

You will have it by the morning.

just arrived now. Happy days.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Ordered PS5 from Currys Mahon on Monday. Just got confirmation it'll be in on Sunday for collection.

Money just taken for this morning's Smyth's preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I ordered it yesterday from Smyths and haven't heard anything yet.

Edit: They just took payment

Payment taken for me too. I wonder when we get them? I'm based in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Monday i'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, what's the story with getting a hold of a PS5 now? Is it still very difficult?

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread, what's the story with getting a hold of a PS5 now? Is it still very difficult?

It is a lot easier now that it has been at any other point since launch, but you still have to keep your ear to the ground. The pre-orders are going up more frequently and are lasting longer, also the resell value is starting to tumble, so people now have a reasonable chance of getting one.

Keep an eye on the preorder thread and you should be able to get one soon.

FYI. Mine just got delivered 10 mins ago.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

My brother had ordered from the Smyths drop I posted Thursday. Was thinking there was something up when others who had ordered had got dispatch emails and he didn't. They cancelled his order this morning. He's raging, thought he had the nephew sorted for his birthday. Should have ordered one myself as a backup, oh well.

Got mine around 11am. Happy out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone know how to get onto a preorder list in Smyths? Tried calling and no answer, their website says their shops are all closed, delivery only.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get onto a preorder list in Smyths? Tried calling and no answer, their website says their shops are all closed, delivery only.

That isn't how Smyths have been selling them. When available they go up on the site and it is first come first served, there are no lists.

I'm not sure if this works for PS5, but when I got my Xbox I went into Curry's in Jervis and put my name down and paid for the console. I was able to pick it up in a few days.

Might be worth a try for PS5.

Markitron wrote: »
    That isn't how Smyths have been selling them. When available they go up on the site and it is first come first served, there are no lists.

Oh right, cool!
    I'm not sure if this works for PS5, but when I got my Xbox I went into Curry's in Jervis and put my name down and paid for the console. I was able to pick it up in a few days.

Might be worth a try for PS5.

Yeah, seems Curries are doing a list. Do I need to go into the shop to get on the list?

Oh right, cool!

Yeah, seems Curries are doing a list. Do I need to go into the shop to get on the list?

Yeah, just go in there and ask. You pay the full price on the spot.

I just tried and their list was closed. They reckon it'll move very slowly because they're all going to the uk stores

I just tried and their list was closed. They reckon it'll move very slowly because they're all going to the uk stores

Stick an email alert on for this thread and keep an eye on it, when they go up for order on Smyths you will see it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SinoIrishTiger

Available now in Smyths. I ordered one earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Available now in Smyths. I ordered one earlier.

It was available 3 hours ago and not "Now".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Got one from Smyths earlier.

I had a notification set up from a twitter page, but you'd want to move quick when they go online.

I was extremely lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Markitron wrote: »
    Stick an email alert on for this thread and keep an eye on it, when they go up for order on Smyths you will see it here first.

Evidently not

Hoboo wrote: »
    Evidently not

That's how I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Lads, checked out Argos today and my local store said consoles were available to reserve for next week. So I went to try and reserve one for a friend, got the email saying it's reserved and all but no reservation number. Anybody know if that's legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Wing126 wrote: »
    Lads, checked out Argos today and my local store said consoles were available to reserve for next week. So I went to try and reserve one for a friend, got the email saying it's reserved and all but no reservation number. Anybody know if that's legit?

Not legitimate if no reservation number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Not legitimate if no reservation number.

Thought that might be the case, was banking on it being a glitch though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Polar101

Finally got one from the Gamestop drop, digital + extra controller bundle.

Not too happy they only had bundles left when I got in, but an extra controller will be useful anyway.

A month ago I had one in the basket from Smyths, but it went out of stock when I was the confirming payment.

I've been looking for a PS5 (more or less actively) since January, pretty ridiculous how scarce they still seem to be.

I think it's going to be PS4 games for a while though, but at least they should load faster if nothing else..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Gamestop order I placed for a friend yesterday just shipped there

• Advertisement
Advertisement