Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is there information as to whether there Will there be anymore pre order batches before Christmas ?

Nothing announced and in general worldwide supplies seem to be stretched if all the reporting is to be believed. So, I wouldn't bet on a new release before Xmas.

Of course there will be more units, there's 5 weeks between launch and xmas. The factories will be working around the clock during this period.

Naturally the biggest single wave of units is on launch day because they have time to stockpile in advance. But there will be multiple smaller waves in the subsequent weeks.

For reference, PS4 sold a million units on launch day and a further 3 million by end of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Slightly unrelated but I ordered the new call of duty PS4 for collection in Gamestop Tullamore a good few weeks before level 5 and I paid it off. Has anyone any idea what'll be the scenario with it? I've asked Gamestop through email and was basically told "wait and see if you get an email" about what'll happen. Didn't confirm or deny if the game could be changed to home delivery.
    Game is out Friday week and fully paid, if I knew it wasn't coming until level 5 was over, I'd just cancel and order it for home delivery again. Gamestop being a pain, anyone any experiences similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Slightly unrelated but I ordered the new call of duty PS4 for collection in Gamestop Tullamore a good few weeks before level 5 and I paid it off. Has anyone any idea what'll be the scenario with it? I've asked Gamestop through email and was basically told "wait and see if you get an email" about what'll happen. Didn't confirm or deny if the game could be changed to home delivery.
    Game is out Friday week and fully paid, if I knew it wasn't coming until level 5 was over, I'd just cancel and order it for home delivery again. Gamestop being a pain, anyone any experiences similar?

I'd say you will just have to wait till they open again in December to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Guys - does anyone know of anywhere that has the new headsets for pre order? Would love to get my hands on one, but everywhere seems to be sold out (obviously enough)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Keep an eye on smythstoys i manged to snag a dual sense charger from them yesterday and its been sold out for ages and is back sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Keep an eye on smythstoys i manged to snag a dual sense charger from them yesterday and its been sold out for ages and is back sold out

Savage - thanks a lot for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Savage - thanks a lot for that.

Just prepare for a lot of refreshing. I've been checking 50 or 60 times a day for a week ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

GameStop are now contacting successful launch day PS5 customers, for stores that are open. I've just received the call(early in-store pre order) and have my time slot for the 19th.

bazzz wrote: »
    GameStop are now contacting successful launch day PS5 customers, for stores that are open. I've just received the call(early in-store pre order) and have my time slot for the 19th.

What kind of timeslot were you narrowed down to? I am curious to see if Smyths will do the same, I was planning on showing up later in the morning to avoid any queues.

I'm fine, its the rest of all you wannabe PS5 owners that are probably infected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

Markitron wrote: »
    What kind of timeslot were you narrowed down to? I am curious to see if Smyths will do the same, I was planning on showing up later in the morning to avoid any queues.

I'm fine, its the rest of all you wannabe PS5 owners that are probably infected.

The text i got from Smyths said they would text me again when the order was ready to collect, not sure if that means a specific time or just on the 19th, but there won't be that many people there picking them up, they didn't get a huge amount in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As I was saying before, I personally hope there aren't time slots for Smyths as I'll be working so only lunch or evening suits me.
    Are gamestop giving the option to change times?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As I was saying before, I personally hope there aren't time slots for Smyths as I'll be working so only lunch or evening suits me.
    Are gamestop giving the option to change times?

Shops are open for click n collect, they are taking way more orders for store collection than just PS5s. It wouldn't make sense or be fair to PS5 customers to make them form an orderly queue(timed) when other people can order a box of lego and turn up whenever they like.

My local store has 2 click n collect points inside the door. I can't imagine stores are getting very many consoles anyway, last time I was there I was gone in 3 minutes. They'd get through us fast enough, stock will be on a pallet near the collection points surely anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could imagine the poor girl in my Smyths trying to lift the PS5 on to the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

He just gave me the option of an early morning time-slot. I think they are queuing five at a time. Happy enough with that. I meant to ask him was there any info for the ones waiting on closed stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Cmacc4 wrote: »

I had the new Watch Dogs game pre-ordered in-store. My local GS rang me, cancelled the pre-order and issued me with a gift voucher to the value of how much I had paid. I could then use it to pre-order the game again on their website. Had it in-hand a day before official release

Don't know if it's a store-wide policy or a case-by-case basis, but possibly worth suggesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I had the new Watch Dogs game pre-ordered in-store. My local GS rang me, cancelled the pre-order and issued me with a gift voucher to the value of how much I had paid. I could then use it to pre-order the game again on their website. Had it in-hand a day before official release

Don't know if it's a store-wide policy or a case-by-case basis, but possibly worth suggesting

Is that store closed for click and collect ?

I heard nothing about my Watch Dogs order so I have to wait until my local reopens.

Don't mind too much about that but I just hope the same thing doesn't happen with the ps5 as I don't trust them not to sell it to someone else in the two weeks between release and lockdown ending.

Berty wrote: »
    Shops are open for click n collect, they are taking way more orders for store collection than just PS5s. It wouldn't make sense or be fair to PS5 customers to make them form an orderly queue(timed) when other people can order a box of lego and turn up whenever they like.

My local store has 2 click n collect points inside the door. I can't imagine stores are getting very many consoles anyway, last time I was there I was gone in 3 minutes. They'd get through us fast enough, stock will be on a pallet near the collection points surely anyway.

That's good to know, I should be fine are around 10-10:30 so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Am I right in saying that Smyths are releasing games and extra accessories next week? For anyone that has pre-ordered these, has Smyths given any indication when they will take the payment from your card?

Be good to know for the actual console release the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Am I right in saying that Smyths are releasing games and extra accessories next week? For anyone that has pre-ordered these, has Smyths given any indication when they will take the payment from your card?

all they've said is "the value of your Pre-Order will be pre-authorised on your card on the release date."

So money for games taken on 12th/console on 19th regardless of when you collect (for c &c)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

bennyl10 wrote: »
    all they've said is "the value of your Pre-Order will be pre-authorised on your card on the release date."

So money for games taken on 12th/console on 19th regardless of when you collect (for c &c)

I wonder if it will be any different for those with home delivery!?

They will charge you next Wednesday night at some point between 8:30 and 9:00
    I wonder if it will be any different for those with home delivery!?

They will likely be charged earlier on the Wednesday or on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭shawki

Good luck to everyone with Gamestop. This was the answer from Gamestop when my switch game pre-order did not arrive.

Their solution was for me to purchase the game a second time.

"If your pre-order is due to release during this closure period, pick up from store may be delayed until normal service resumes.

If your preorder was made one of the click and collect stores, I would suggest calling them regarding fulfilment options. If not, you will need to create a new click and collect order for one of the ten stores currently operating this service or purchase your game for home delivery via our website.

https://www.gamestop.ie/covid-19-updates
    Please note that pre-orders placed in closed stores CANNOT be collected from any store that is remaining open.

Once stores reopen you can avail of a refund on any deposit paid or use the credit to purchase something else in store if you wish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Is that store closed for click and collect ?

I heard nothing about my Watch Dogs order so I have to wait until my local reopens.

Don't mind too much about that but I just hope the same thing doesn't happen with the ps5 as I don't trust them not to sell it to someone else in the two weeks between release and lockdown ending.

Yeah, my local GS is fully closed right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

GameStop told me I’m in the launch allocation but didn’t tell me how to pay off the order or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    GameStop told me I’m in the launch allocation but didn’t tell me how to pay off the order or anything

Well they contacted people there on xbox thread I believe yesterday who are getting it on launch day for xbox to pay rest off etc so be next wk with PS5 I reckon. Only thing I don't like is when I put money down for the PS5 other gamestop stores only showed 100 paid off but had more paid off then that so when I got into store I put money down there was actually 200 paid off it so I traded stuff in so have 293 paid off. More if other gamestop stores couldn't see correct payment paid off only place that could was where I preordered in I hope that when I am contacted by them they have correct payments I put down correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

ussjtrunks wrote: »

Same as That. Contacted them yesterday and they told me sit tight they slowly getting through all them to organize it .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

They will charge you next Wednesday night at some point between 8:30 and 9:00

They will likely be charged earlier on the Wednesday or on Tuesday.

When you say next Wednesday, you mean the 18th yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1324350941123039232?s=19

GameStop haven't updated on the PS5 orders in stores that are closed yet as they are dealing with the Xbox launch first.

If you ordered in store in a store that is closed you will be given a unique voucher code tied to your order to order it online and get it arranged for delivery the same way Xbox is being done.

If you are worried check the Xbox pre order thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

I got my text from GameStop on Monday about being contacted but I've heard nothing. Pre-ordered the console in June and it's a shop that's open for click and collect.

For those that have received calls when did you preorder?

Advertisement