Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

LawMu wrote: »
    I got my text from GameStop on Monday about being contacted but I've heard nothing. Pre-ordered the console in June and it's a shop that's open for click and collect

Look back a couple of posts, particularly regarding the xbox launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I have pre-ordered with smyths for click and collect but I dont think I have any payment details saved on my account? will that be an issue? I can't see what payment option I used anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I have pre-ordered with smyths for click and collect but I dont think I have any payment details saved on my account? will that be an issue? I can't see what payment option I used anywhere

If you have ordered successfully, you should have entered your credit card details which will be used to process it, so you fine, no need to store CC on account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Denisoftus wrote: »
    If you have ordered successfully, you should have entered your credit card details which will be used to process it, so you fine, no need to store CC on account.

You can confirm this by checking your banking app. There's a reverted charge of €0 on my revolut from September 16th at 23:26 when I ordered. That was them confirming the card I entered was legitimate.

I'm guessing closer to release they'll charge the full amount or I'll pay it in store on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Oat23 wrote: »
    You can confirm this by checking your banking app. There's a reverted charge of €0 on my revolut from September 16th at 23:26 when I ordered. That was them confirming the card I entered was legitimate.

I'm guessing closer to release they'll charge the full amount or I'll pay it in store on the day.

Brilliant thanks didn't think of that and sure enough that reverted payment is their from the 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Brilliant thanks didn't think of that and sure enough that reverted payment is their from the 16th

If you try and order something else from Smyths you should see your card details saved there as well. There is no way to save payment details aside from actually trying to buy something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Synode wrote: »

There was talk Irish argos won’t be getting any recently

The Uk oversold and won’t be sending stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bennyl10 wrote: »

I'm sure that Sony agreed through their distributors that Ireland might get X amount of units so they be shared between the big retailers. If they allocate Irish PS5s to Argos and they withhold them for the UK market then the distributor might be rather peeved by this, Sony won't care much. (sales are sales)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Well hopefully Argos aren't closed over here as there does be good deals on games and other things in store. Wouldn't leave too many places to buy physical games over here then. I know you can online but would really only leave smyths and gamestop then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Argos will have stock it is in the new catalogue.

Question is with Sony saying consoles not to be sold in store will they all get swallowed up by bots as soon as they are updated on the reservation system.

Gamestop are clearly up to something today, website for PS5 is filled with "Coupon needed to purchase" so likely the closed retail stores are handing out coupons to re-use online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Berty wrote: »
    Gamestop are clearly up to something today, website for PS5 is filled with "Coupon needed to purchase" so likely the closed retail stores are handing out coupons to re-use online.

Yep, that's what happened with my Series X (June deposit, fully paid off the day before lockdown 2):
    • Got an email saying I was in launch allocation
    • Got an email this week with a code to enter on a special landing page letting me order a console to my house
    • My pre-order balance was converted to a gift card to use against it
    • Had time to add in more accessories/games if I wanted
    • Entered my address, paid 3.50 for delivery and that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just got the call from Gamestop. Paid off the order but they're fully booked for click and collect on the 19th so I can't collect until the 20th... not very happy over that, but allegedly they're doing it in order of who preordered first so.... yeah.

Just got the call from Gamestop. Paid off the order but they're fully booked for click and collect on the 19th so I can't collect until the 20th... not very happy over that, but allegedly they're doing it in order of who preordered first so.... yeah.

This would infuriate me, but considering where most GS shops are located, you can't really blame them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Argos will have stock it is in the new catalogue.

Question is with Sony saying consoles not to be sold in store will they all get swallowed up by bots as soon as they are updated on the reservation system.

Doesn’t mean they’ll have them on release. Like I said before It could be just the main Argos stores that get some instock but I’ve been told by Argos management that they weren’t getting stock for release.

Now that was a couple of weeks ago so who knows. I’ll ask the GF to find out if anything changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Try call again on the day, from other stuff I find companies are allocating a lot of extra time than needed per person for covid.

If you're nearby that day just call them and ask. If there's a 9am slot then phone near 915.

Also takes GS a while to get through their multiple sales pitches so not just a quick transacation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah shyte man. If you're free, I'd chance rocking up to the store and chancing if they could fire it out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭carter001

I rang gamestop this morning as I wasnt sure when assassins creed valhalla for the PS5 was out.They gave me a time slot in the morning on the 19th to collect the PS5 so for anyone who hasn't heard from their local store might be worth ringing them to find out.provided your store is open for click and collect on launch day and you are part of the first batch of releases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I thought I would have a fair chance of strolling in somewhere like Harvey Norman or Argos and picking up a PS5 at/ after launch, but with the extra allocations now being driven online by Covid, seems that has become more unlikely.

The damn things are snapped up so fast. I didn't get to it in time when Smyths released their 'lunchtime' tranche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I thought I would have a fair chance of strolling in somewhere like Harvey Norman or Argos and picking up a PS5 at/ after launch, but with the extra allocations now being driven online by Covid, seems that has become more unlikely.

The damn things are snapped up so fast. I didn't get to it in time when Smyths released their 'lunchtime' tranche.

Worth keeping an eye on the click and collect situation and if it changes, no walk-in store sales for a while I reckon:
    https://techcrunch.com/2020/11/05/sonys-playstation-5-wont-be-available-in-store-at-launch/

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm expecting my local gamestop to call me today, really hope i'll be able to get it on launch day and not have to wait until the next day as i took the thursday off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Farrelk

Has anyone preordered in Gamestop Limerick City? Friend of mine said his cousin got a text from them today and picked it up.. Honestly not sure if it's a wind up

Farrelk wrote: »
    Has anyone preordered in Gamestop Limerick City? Friend of mine said his cousin got a text from them today and picked it up.. Honestly not sure if it's a wind up

Its a wind up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

dan786 wrote: »

You'd have to pay me €2k to pick it up in Tallaght :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Jaysus I hope nobody would pay that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

WOW...Just WOW! :eek::mad::eek:

• Advertisement

You know, I have my own PS5(soon), I'll let it go, a mere bargain then at €1,000 :D

Advertisement