Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Jaysus I hope nobody would pay that price.

It's on Adverts. He'll be offered an iPhone 3GS and half a tennis racket for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Penn wrote: »
    It's on Adverts. He'll be offered an iPhone 3GS and half a tennis racket for it.

Does the iPhone have Flappy Bird installed? Could swing the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Just got the call from Gamestop. Paid off the order but they're fully booked for click and collect on the 19th so I can't collect until the 20th... not very happy over that, but allegedly they're doing it in order of who preordered first so.... yeah.

Jesus its one day, calm down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Just got the call from Gamestop. Paid off the order but they're fully booked for click and collect on the 19th so I can't collect until the 20th... not very happy over that, but allegedly they're doing it in order of who preordered first so.... yeah.

How would prefer they did it? Of course it's first come first serve

You're getting a console. it doesn't matter when you paid it off

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Lad here giving out about waiting an extra day for their console
    Half the country (me included), will be waiting 6 months :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Lad here giving out about waiting an extra day for their console
    Half the country (me included), will be waiting 6 months :D:D:D

I believe it will be much much less than that. Recall PS4 release.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Denisoftus wrote: »
    I believe it will be much much less than that. Recall PS4 release.

Please God, in the queue for GameStop since September, not in the launch batch but hopefully get one soon

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say places like Smyths may get more on release day. So they have presold what they know they're getting but will probably get a bit extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say places like Smyths may get more on release day. So they have presold what they know they're getting but will probably get a bit extra.

I don't think they will or they would have released them already. You can't walk in and pick one up as per Sony

Keep an eye on their social media though

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Anyone else who preordered with Box.co.uk get their email?
    We are very sorry but our initial allocation of PlayStation 5 Consoles has been smaller than expected.

We are allocating stock on a first come first served basis and unfortunately your pre-order is not in the first wave of stock arriving for delivery on Thursday 19th November.

We are expecting a second wave of stock around the 9th of December. You will continue to receive PS5 Stock Updates as long as your pre-order is live on our website.

I expected it to be honest, but the bigger problem is how non-transparent they're being about stock levels. I imagine they massively oversold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Gives hope to many others that the likes of Smyths and Amazon and many other retailers will have more before Christmas at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

what cheap 4k tvs are going to come out with HDMI 2.1 in the new year do you reckon for Xbox/PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Scan UK, Currys UK has sent emails that they oversold and now not everyone who ordered will be getting it launch day. This was despite them advertising launch day stock for all preorders they took.

They are getting much lower allocation than they had expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Hmmm, A trend developing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

dan786 wrote: »
    Scan UK, Currys UK has sent emails that they oversold and now not everyone who ordered will be getting it launch day. This was despite them advertising launch day stock for all preorders they took.

They are getting much lower allocation than they had expected.

Only seen one person online saying this.

Any word if it’s a big thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Only seen one person online saying this.

Any word if it’s a big thing?

I have email from Scan saying same.

See preorder thread on Hukd, multiple posts on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Jesus its one day, calm down

What part of saying I'm not happy meant I wasn't calm? Bit of a jump there....
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    How would prefer they did it? Of course it's first come first serve

You're getting a console. it doesn't matter when you paid it off

I also understand that, but to go from not knowing that I'll get it, to getting the launch allocation email and now to the day after launch. I appreciate I'm getting it before a lot of people (not my fault people didn't preorder when it was an option), but what annoys me is knowing that probably half if not more of the collections will be going into a dark area until Xmas and I had a plan to play mine from the get go.

Yes, it's a minor inconvenience, but still an inconvenience. I'm not trashing the house over it... I'm on a "list" for collection cancellations, but I'm 30 mins away so last minute ones won't be any good to me.

To some people, this is just another console that the kids want, but to me this is my World Cup, my Superbowl, the All-Ireland championship final, the season finale of "Celebrity" [insert some brain rot show here], etc.

This is for William St, Limerick by the way, in case anyone else is waiting on a call for the launch allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp Potential. Some people care about this more than others, shouldn't have to be told not to be excited about it. I'd be the same. A few of my friends have guaranteed i won't get it launch day from smyths. I'd be disappointed if it was delayed even a day but mostly because my friends would rub it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

dan786 wrote: »
    I honestly can't see anyone paying that for one. If you do you must have silly money to throw away. Im not sure with ones even for 1k would people buy them but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I honestly can't see anyone paying that for one. If you do you must have silly money to throw away. Im not sure with ones even for 1k would people buy them but who knows.

That advert is gone now! They must have taken it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

madmoe wrote: »
    That advert is gone now! They must have taken it down.

In my post a few back there is a link to the screenshot I took of it, for €2,000 he could have made it a prettier and better written advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I also understand that, but to go from not knowing that I'll get it, to getting the launch allocation email and now to the day after launch. I appreciate I'm getting it before a lot of people (not my fault people didn't preorder when it was an option), but what annoys me is knowing that probably half if not more of the collections will be going into a dark area until Xmas and I had a plan to play mine from the get go.

Yes, it's a minor inconvenience, but still an inconvenience. I'm not trashing the house over it... I'm on a "list" for collection cancellations, but I'm 30 mins away so last minute ones won't be any good to me.

To some people, this is just another console that the kids want, but to me this is my World Cup, my Superbowl, the All-Ireland championship final, the season finale of "Celebrity" [insert some brain rot show here], etc.

This is for William St, Limerick by the way, in case anyone else is waiting on a call for the launch allocation.

I read this in Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh's voice.

Haven't got a call off GS myself yet and can't ring them because they're shut for the lockdown so no idea what the story is.

I getcha. I managed to get a disk PS5 preordered in Smyths, and planned to go up the morning of Nov.19th and plough into it over the weekend. But then turned out my nephew wants one for Xmas, my sister didn't get one ordered, so I'm giving them my Smyths one.

I since managed to order a digital one from Game in the UK, but between shipping from there, to Parcel Motel... No idea when it'll arrive.

So now I'll have to collect the one from Smyths for my nephew and sit looking at the box until my digital one comes. The torture.... :D

Yeah, grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. But when it's something you've been looking forward to, just creates an air of disappointment having to wait that bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

Has anyone who pre-ordered from Smyth's gotten an email from them yet? Probably too early yet but just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ObliVion86 wrote: »
    Has anyone who pre-ordered from Smyth's gotten an email from them yet? Probably too early yet but just wondering

Not since September

Got on late Oct regarding lockdown
    Dear Customer,

Just a quick update on your Pre-Order which is scheduled to be released for collection at your selected store during the lockdown period (currently from Thursday 22nd October until Tuesday 1st December).

Your Pre-Order will be released on the due date and you will receive your ready for collection email. Once you receive this email, you can collect your Pre-Order at your selected store. The store will be open for collections throughout the lockdown period.

If you are unable to collect your Pre-Order, you can arrange to have someone else collect it for you if you wish. In all cases, you (or the person collecting for you) must have photo identification (of the person who placed the order) and a copy of your ready for collection email when you come to collect your order.

If you cannot travel to a store and do not have anyone to collect for you, we will hold your Pre-Order for you to collect at your nominated store until close of business on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.

Please note that the value of your Pre-Order will be pre-authorised on your card on the release date. If your card has expired since you placed your order, you will automatically receive instructions to update your details. It is important that you action any prompts on payment within 24 hours to secure your Pre-Order. You can also manage your Pre-Order payment details on your Smyths Toys account or by clicking here.

If there is any change to the release date for your Pre-Order, we will be in touch with you.

Best wishes,

Smyths Toys Superstores

I don't think there's any need for them to send another email until the day or two before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    I read this in Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh's voice.

Haven't got a call off GS myself yet and can't ring them because they're shut for the lockdown so no idea what the story is.

If you've secured a launch allocation pre-order from GS (a closed store), you'll likely get a communication from them this week. It'll detail how they'll proceed with your pre-order. Which I'd imagine will be the same as the XSX pre-orders for closed stores. You'll get a code for a voucher to re-purchase the console and they'll send it out for delivery.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Penn wrote: »
    Got on late Oct regarding lockdown

I don't think there's any need for them to send another email until the day or two before release.

Same email.
    Not expecting any further communication until 10th/11th and the 17th/18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Do ye think those of us who ordered accessories from smyths should get them next week? I ordered mine the night they went live and email says expected release date the 19th but that has now moved forward a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

F1ngers wrote: »
    Same email.
    Not expecting any further communication until 10th/11th and the 17th/18th.

Ah ok. They sent me a pre-order confirmation e-mail back in September. Home delivery was the only option available. They had said they let me know when it has been dispatched. So that won't be until closer to launch

Advertisement