Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Few people in UK are getting training numbers for their PS5s already - 12 days earlier is bit odd.

In other news in addition to Scan and Currys UK, Box UK and Game UK also got less then they expected and have started cancelling orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

dan786 wrote: »
    Few people in UK are getting training numbers for their PS5s already - 12 days earlier is bit odd.

In other news in addition to Scan and Currys UK, Box UK and Game UK also got less then they expected and have started cancelling orders.

You’d wonder will the Irish stores be able to escape the same

Or did gameUK offer preorders for ages?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    You’d wonder will the Irish stores be able to escape the same

Or did gameUK offer preorders for ages?

Game UK is bit like Gamestop so not very reliable.

But Box UK only took small amount of orders but they emailed people few days ago to say that due to stock issues Sony is giving them a smaller allocation that previously promised. They said you can leave order active and they might get a second allocation on 9th December or you can cancel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ObliVion86 wrote: »
    Has anyone who pre-ordered from Smyth's gotten an email from them yet? Probably too early yet but just wondering

not yet but when I go into my account it says the PS5 is in-progress, changed from pending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

If you were to listen to people on here there is no where reliable you could have bought a ps5

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    If you were to listen to people on here there is no where reliable you could have bought a ps5

I don't blame the retailers (except Gamestop), Sony are the ones to blame here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

dan786 wrote: »
    I don't blame the retailers (except Gamestop), Sony are the ones to blame here.

Seems alot more than gamestop oversold their preorders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Gonzo wrote: »
    not yet but when I go into my account it says the PS5 is in-progress, changed from pending.

Mine has been in progress since the day after I pre ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Emteca

Can I assume that the next few batches of the PS5 are already sold out in advance via pre order?

I'm not in a major hurry to pick one up but obviously I'd like one asap. I just wasn't able to join the rat race when it first went on sale.

Would the likes of Gamestop accept payment for one now on a rolling first come/first served basis?

No

Normally you'd say you can't sell what you don't have but Gamestop have anyway. There are many still waiting in a queue so for GS at least their allocation in the future are already accounted for.

For shops that didn't do pre orders but certainly sell them like Argos, Harvey norman and even Brown Thomas there is still every chance because they haven't done pre sales.

Remember even Tesco Ireland had a register your interest form so even there you never know.

Sign up for notifications on mobile and desktop for Amazon and prepare to act fast. (Oddly enough both have their own notifications you must register separately)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Berty wrote: »
    Mine has been in progress since the day after I pre ordered.

Yeah same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keeran

I preordered in July in Blanchardstown store. Paid in full the day before Ireland went into lockdown in October. Was told I am in 1st round. Got a message on Monday gone stating that GameStop would be in contact soon with regards to my order. On Thursday I rang the store and they said they would be in contact with me later that day or Friday. Not heard anything yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

No

Normally you'd say you can't sell what you don't have but Gamestop have anyway. There are many still waiting in a queue so for GS at least their allocation in the future are already accounted for.

For shops that didn't do pre orders but certainly sell them like Argos, Harvey norman and even Brown Thomas there is still every chance because they haven't done pre sales.

Remember even Tesco Ireland had a register your interest form so even there you never know.

Sign up for notifications on mobile and desktop for Amazon and prepare to act fast. (Oddly enough both have their own notifications you must register separately)

If you were lucky enough to score one on Amazon, is it Parcel Motel we use to get them to deliver it to Ireland?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

keeran wrote: »
    I preordered in July in Blanchardstown store. Paid in full the day before Ireland went into lockdown in October. Was told I am in 1st round. Got a message on Monday gone stating that GameStop would be in contact soon with regards to my order. On Thursday I rang the store and they said they would be in contact with me later that day or Friday. Not heard anything yet...
    Same here I'm waiting for them to call(i had the email and txt) to arrange a pickup time(different store) Said they've been busy and doing some calls here and there but to expect a call over the next week. I'll probably ask them again when im down there on tuesday for for the series x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Some Gamestop stores are sorting out the Xbox pre-orders before they get onto the PS5's. That's what I was told by my local store.

madmoe wrote: »
    If you were lucky enough to score one on Amazon, is it Parcel Motel we use to get them to deliver it to Ireland?

Thanks,
    M

Originally it was the North but recently accessories can be sent here so some have been changing their addresses on the consoles successfully and some have not been.

I've been tasked keeping an eye out for someone so I'm going to try the Amazon route before Christmas because if anyone has good ties with Sony it's Jeff Bezos and Co

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Emteca

No

Great, thanks.

I never thought of Argos. So it's just open season as soon as their listing goes live? It's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

keeran wrote: »

I'm the exact same. I pre-ordered in June in Santry and got the same text Monday but heard nothing. Has anyone received a call from GS Santry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Originally it was the North but recently accessories can be sent here so some have been changing their addresses on the consoles successfully and some have not been.

I've been tasked keeping an eye out for someone so I'm going to try the Amazon route before Christmas because if anyone has good ties with Sony it's Jeff Bezos and Co

Good stuff, just signed up for the email alert there on Amazon (desktop). Is there any other sort of alert for desktop? I will sign up on mobile as well.

Many thanks,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 occne

We're getting into crazy money now on eBay. New account so i'm not allowed to post links but €1200? atm ?!! Search PS5 on ebay.ie and sort by 'ending soonest'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Does anyone know how the stores that won't take pre orders will work?

Will i be able to make a reservation at12.00am or do they go live at a specific time?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

EoinHef wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the stores that won't take pre orders will work?

Will i be able to make a reservation at12.00am or do they go live at a specific time?

What stores did not take preorders (other than Argos)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Cheers for this. Saved me a €4 parcel wizard fee on my PS5 headset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

d9d wrote: »
    What stores did not take preorders (other than Argos)?

Someone above mentioned Argos,Harvey Norman amd Brown Thomas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Sorry if this has been answered but does anyone know who Smyths typically use for home delivery??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Batesy wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered but does anyone know who Smyths typically use for home delivery??

In my experience with games it has been an post.in fairness to them they have never been late.

Batesy wrote: »

DPD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭CFC007

Is anyone using address pal for delivery from UK? Just looking at max dimensions for pick up at the post office and looks like it will be oversize with a fee of €25. Are they strict on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭cannco253

Does anyone know if the DPD delivery for Smyths orders will have the PS5 box inside another box, so that nobody would be able to see what the delivery is? At least it's not a Smyths truck doing the delivery, but worried that some curious eyes might notice a logo on a box on delivery day when it's meant to be secret...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

cannco253 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the DPD delivery for Smyths orders will have the PS5 box inside another box, so that nobody would be able to see what the delivery is? At least it's not a Smyths truck doing the delivery, but worried that some curious eyes might notice a logo on a box on delivery day when it's meant to be secret...

I've seen people on twitter say for other deliveries its just the shop box that they deliver

ps5 might be different though

Advertisement