Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Have PS5 pre-ordered on Amazon & gave Parcel Motel details at the time as could not give Irish address

From reading above, they are now delivering to Ireland directly if I understand right? Has anyone changed their address to the Irish one? I'm just anxious about changing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

occne wrote: »
    We're getting into crazy money now on eBay. New account so i'm not allowed to post links but €1200? atm ?!! Search PS5 on ebay.ie and sort by 'ending soonest'.

When you want to know what an item is fetching on eBay, always check the "sold" listings. It looks like very few PS5 preorders go for as much as 1000. Mostly they fall in the 700-800 euro range. While I don't approve of selling preorders for profit, an extra 250 on top isn't crazy given the limited supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

I’ve been looking at this. I’ve mine ordered using AddressPal. I tried changing to Parcel Motel and even shipping to my home address and it wouldn’t take either.
    Have PS5 pre-ordered on Amazon & gave Parcel Motel details at the time as could not give Irish address

From reading above, they are now delivering to Ireland directly if I understand right? Has anyone changed their address to the Irish one? I'm just anxious about changing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a DPD delivery today, email came in 20 minutes before the time slot it gave and the package was dropped off 10 minutes before the time slot. The text message came in in the middle of the time slot about 20minutes after the delivery.

If it's DPD I'd keep an eye out early in the day, especially if your house isn't secluded. Would guess if like other times my delivery wasn't so early I'd have gotten more of a warning to keep an eye out.

Also if given the option fill out that delivery instruction bit, DPD tend to follow that within reason to leave stuff where you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Do we know when Smyth's will take payment for home delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Smyths wont take for console until next week(day before usually)

We should start to see games/accessories being charged Wednesday evening though!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Smyths wont take for console until next week(day before usually)

We should start to see games/accessories being charged Wednesday evening though!

I would say possibly even before this. This will allow people with failed requests to fix the issues on their account. Could be card is now expired, expiry date wrong etc. Most companies normally give you 24 hours so maybe they'll start at 00:01 on Wednesday morning.

It could benefit others though because if people fail to process their pre orders(payment failures) on stuff I want(Dual Sense charger) then on the 12th they might become available to the likes of me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

When you want to know what an item is fetching on eBay, always check the "sold" listings. It looks like very few PS5 preorders go for as much as 1000. Mostly they fall in the 700-800 euro range. While I don't approve of selling preorders for profit, an extra 250 on top isn't crazy given the limited supply.

It's the wrong time to be selling them anyway. There will be more delivered to the like of Argos etc before Christmas so there will be more available. The crazy eBay prices will be in the run up to Christmas and the week before.

Only pre-orders are sold out into 2021.

There will be further stock shipped into Ireland before Christmas so people just need to be rigid on finding out when this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Loads of the lads over on the console that shall-not-be-named forum have received delivery today, ordering direct from MS.

Imagine we got it early....

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Not sure if this is "news" to anyone since it was assumed, but just got off the phone with Argos Blanchardstown and was told they had a managers call yesterday and the UK have definitely taken all of the stock, so Ireland won't be getting any allocation for launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

brainiac wrote: »
    Not sure if this is "news" to anyone since it was assumed, but just got off the phone with Argos Blanchardstown and was told they had a managers call yesterday and the UK have definitely taken all of the stock, so Ireland won't be getting any allocation for launch.

:confused::eek::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Crazy that Argos Harvey Norman and Currys didn't have Irish PS5 stock yet they had Xbox stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

I just got shipping notification for my Spider-Man ultimate edition from Smyths and it’s coming via UPS/(maybe nightline aren’t they the same now) ?HYPE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Tom1991 wrote: »
    I just got shipping notification for my Spider-Man ultimate edition from Smyths and it’s coming via UPS/(maybe nightline aren’t they the same now) ?HYPE

Is there any option to change shipping address with UPS? I've moved since placing my console pre-order and Smyths can't (won't) change it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Depends on where you live. If you've a UPS depot but not a Nightline depot like me then it will stay with UPS. If you have a nightline depot it will likely go with Nightline. I'm in Co Clare(UPS Airport location) and that is what the driver told me about 2 weeks ago.

Is there any option to change shipping address with UPS? I've moved since placing my console pre-order and Smyths can't (won't) change it for me.

Says you can but there’s some spiel about being a UPS my choice member.I’m not sure if that costs money but maybe you can collect from the UPS depo when you get tracking information.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Is that for the PS4 version? I have the PS5 Ultimate edition preorder but no movement on it. Still says “in progress” along with PS5 & Demons

Klair88 wrote: »
    Is that for the PS4 version? I have the PS5 Ultimate edition preorder but no movement on it. Still says “in progress” along with PS5 & Demons

PS5 my Smyths account says in progress where as the UPS notification says label created

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Just got an email from UPS about my Ultimate Edition. Should be here tomorrow it says. Imagine if the PS5 was delivered this quickly.

Nice. Hopefully mine gets sent soon enough too. Would be great if the PS5 came that fast from Smyths also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Be interesting to see how GameStop deal with the xbox delivers to people on launch day as will give us a head ups for the PS5 on launch day. Lucky I have 1 for there and smyths preordered as one going to my nephew on Xmas day so I can get whatever one comes 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how GameStop deal with the xbox delivers to people on launch day as will give us a head ups for the PS5 on launch day. Lucky I have 1 for there and smyths preordered as one going to my nephew on Xmas day so I can get whatever one comes 1st

Gamestop use An Post - normally posted in the evening and next day delivery but they are having delays nationwide, was told this morning that all registered post is taking 2 workings days minimum now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wonder will they take click and collect today also for games then?
    Or will they leave it until Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Foolishcharlie

Just got an email too from smyths. MM ultimate edition PS5 ready for dispatch! The tracking Number isn't updated yet but the link leads to An Post's website

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Wonder will they take click and collect today also for games then?
    Or will they leave it until Wednesday

I'd say Wednesday personally but I have absolutely nothing to back that claim up. I'm frantically checking emails so excited for the email to confirm it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Just got email from Smyths saying my PS5 copy of Miles Morales is ready for dispatch. Guess I can look at the box art for a week.

Its gonna be a long week lads.

Yeah just got charged for and got the email for MM ultimate shipping. Link goes to an post. I assume it’s them for the small games and DPD for the big stuff like a PS5.

I ordered Xmas presents from Smyths to my house to test their delivery system and it was all DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just ordered a present for my nephew from smyths earlier and it's fastway delivering.

Anyways seems next Monday is the likely date they will charge cards for the home deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

MM Utlimate edition from Smyths delivery by Fastway it looks Smyths are using any delivery company they can find a delivery space with. No sign of my AC or second controller orders shipping yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Is there a reason UPS emailed me about the smyths order so? Maybe location based? Dublin here.

Advertisement