Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

dan786 wrote: »
    Gamestop use An Post - normally posted in the evening and next day delivery but they are having delays nationwide, was told this morning that all registered post is taking 2 workings days minimum now.

Cool least might be the wkend then the latest if that's the case when released next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I just got the dispatch email from Smyth's too!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We're up to now having Game UK and Currys UK announcing they will have limited online stock on the 19th.

Recent issue with Game though, although I wanted to use an NI(Parcel Wizard) address(not for a console but accessories) their system recognised me visiting from Ireland so wouldn't allow me add anything to my basket. VPN likely required on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Do I have my dates wrong? Is it just games being released this week? I thought they were releasing the Headsets and other accessories too?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Berty wrote: »
    We're up to now having Game UK and Currys UK announcing they will have limited online stock on the 19th.

Recent issue with Game though, although I wanted to use an NI(Parcel Wizard) address(not for a console but accessories) their system recognised me visiting from Ireland so wouldn't allow me add anything to my basket. VPN likely required on the day.

I used Game for my console using Parcel Motel, accepted it fine. That was a few weeks ago though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Do I have my dates wrong? Is it just games being released this week? I thought they were releasing the Headsets and other accessories too?

It's games and accessories, if they are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

bazzz wrote: »
    It's games and accessories, if they are available.

Thanks. Was just wondering as it seems only games dispatching at present.

Anyway, hopefully this bodes well for the console release next week and people get their hands on the console a day early.

Penn wrote: »
    I used Game for my console using Parcel Motel, accepted it fine. That was a few weeks ago though.

Error still happening for me today, when I turn on a VPN(like Tunnelbear free up to 500mb per day) then I can get it into the basket.

I only have a UK address(PW on the account) but even when I log out and try to add it before signing in I get the same error.

532346.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

DesmondGAF wrote: »
    Is there a reason UPS emailed me about the smyths order so? Maybe location based? Dublin here.

Order for what? The PS5 or accessories?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Order for what? The PS5 or accessories?

Spiderman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Got this off Smyths
    Dear Customer,

With release day right around the corner, here's a quick update on your PlayStation 5 Pre-Order.

You will receive a ready for collection email and SMS when your order is ready for collection. Our stores will be open for collection from 8am on launch day - Thursday 19th November.

Please ensure you bring your ready for collection email and photo identification. If you are unable to collect your Pre-Order, you can have someone else collect on your behalf once they have your permission. In these cases, photo identification of the person who placed the order and the ready for collection email are required.

Please note our stores are not open for browsing so if you wish to purchase any additional PlayStation 5 items, please order online in advance via Click & Collect and you can collect them on launch day.

Now it is time to get excited for your shiny new PlayStation 5 - I know we are!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Got this off Smyths
    Dear Customer,

With release day right around the corner, here's a quick update on your PlayStation 5 Pre-Order.

You will receive a ready for collection email and SMS when your order is ready for collection. Our stores will be open for collection from 8am on launch day - Thursday 19th November.

Please ensure you bring your ready for collection email and photo identification. If you are unable to collect your Pre-Order, you can have someone else collect on your behalf once they have your permission. In these cases, photo identification of the person who placed the order and the ready for collection email are required.

Please note our stores are not open for browsing so if you wish to purchase any additional PlayStation 5 items, please order online in advance via Click & Collect and you can collect them on launch day.

Now it is time to get excited for your shiny new PlayStation 5 - I know we are!

Legit Thought it was gonna be a cancellation email when it came in, heart sank 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Opening at 8am which is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I just got the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Same. The hype is real

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just checked my email and hadn't got the email. Was about to post here and noticed the (1) appear in my email tab.

Phew... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just got the same! I Excite!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Legit Thought it was gonna be a cancellation email when it came in, heart sank ��

I was the same, went through about 1.5 seconds of somehow 2 emotions

"Oooh an update"
    "If those fvcking cvnts cancel on me................."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Smyth's Delivery email

With release day right around the corner, here's a quick update on your PlayStation 5 Pre-Order!

In the run-up to release day on Thursday 19th November, you can expect the following:

1. The payment will be pre-authorised 2 - 7 days in advance - so double check those funds are available! If for any reason we are unable to pre-authorise your card, you will receive a separate email from us requesting you to re-enter card details. This must be completed within 24 hours of the email being sent to guarantee your order.

2. You will receive an email confirming your order is ready for dispatch 2 - 5 days in advance and with this you now have a tracking link! We are just getting everything ready - your tracking link will NOT BE LIVE UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE release day.

3. In order for us to ensure delivery on release day, your order will be passed over to our carrier partner, one day in advance on Wednesday 18th November.

4. You will receive delivery updates from the carrier directly on Thursday morning 19th November, please watch out for them and let them know if you are not going to be home to take delivery.

Do we think there’ll be ques at 8am?..

Or be handy to in and out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, I was a bit worried at first about that click & collect mail.
    Then reading it, I saw "Thursday" and thought they were releasing a day early before remembering that's the day it's supposed to release

• Registered Users Posts: 15,292 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Got this off Smyths

Here's the delivery version of the email a friend got.

It sounds like it will be DPD for delivery based on the "You will receive delivery updates from the carrier directly on Thursday morning 19th November" part. They are the only ones I know who do automatic updates via email/text with delivery windows and so on.

Dear Customer,

With release day right around the corner, here's a quick update on your PlayStation 5 Pre-Order!

In the run-up to release day on Thursday 19th November, you can expect the following:

1. The payment will be pre-authorised 2 - 7 days in advance - so double check those funds are available! If for any reason we are unable to pre-authorise your card, you will receive a separate email from us requesting you to re-enter card details. This must be completed within 24 hours of the email being sent to guarantee your order.

2. You will receive an email confirming your order is ready for dispatch 2 - 5 days in advance and with this you now have a tracking link! We are just getting everything ready - your tracking link will NOT BE LIVE UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE release day.

3. In order for us to ensure delivery on release day, your order will be passed over to our carrier partner, one day in advance on Wednesday 18th November.

4. You will receive delivery updates from the carrier directly on Thursday morning 19th November, please watch out for them and let them know if you are not going to be home to take delivery.

Now it's time to get excited for your shiny new PlayStation 5 - I know we are!

Best wishes,

Smyths Toys Superstores

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wonder will the do time slots like Gamestop? The way they worded it, from Thursday 8am, i wonder will some go into next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Do we think there’ll be ques at 8am?..

Or be handy to in and out?

Hand us out our shiny new PS5's....

1031288d1448458204-if-youre-gonna-ride-snow-go-fat-not-just-chubby-simpsons-angry-mob.jpg

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I wonder will the do time slots like Gamestop? The way they worded it, from Thursday 8am, i wonder will some go into next day.

From is how I expected tbh, smyths have never done timeslots for C&C just a matter of wait

I’m hoping to go for 8am.. back for a meeting at 9 is the worry now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Got the delivery email from Smyths, it's getting close!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't venture to the XBox forum But I assume their click & collect orders are the same? Like gamestop doing time slots and Smyths just any time?

As mine is click n collect with Smyths I just read the email again. So they will send a text when it is ready for collection. If you see me on here at 3pm in the afternoon on the 19th losing my sh*t because I haven't gotten my text message yet then I apologise in advance because you won't be able to reason with me.
    Smyths wrote:
    You will receive a ready for collection email and SMS when your order is ready for collection

You know the text will come in the second the boss sends me a message to perform some task urgently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Smyth's Delivery email

Lol, 10 days is not
    around the corner
    for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

still nothing from gamestop to explain the plan

Advertisement