Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

brady12 wrote: »
    still nothing from gamestop to explain the plan

It will be the same as the Xbox. Let them get through that first.

You'll get a voucher code to log in online pay balance and update to delivery. Xbox shipping confirmations are only going out now for Xbox from Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Berty wrote: »
    As mine is click n collect with Smyths I just read the email again. So they will send a text when it is ready for collection. If you see me on here at 3pm in the afternoon on the 19th losing my sh*t because I haven't gotten my text message yet then I apologise in advance because you won't be able to reason with me.

You know the text will come in the second the boss sends me a message to perform some task urgently :D

Pull the ethernet cable out and text "internet problems, virgin/sky/X will be here by Monday!"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

brady12 wrote: »
    still nothing from gamestop to explain the plan

Don't worry, i hear they got their best guy working on the plan as we speak.

uploads1578448366909-charlie-conspiracy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Haven't followed every page of this thread, but I missed out on a pre-order, is there still a chance of getting a PS5 around launch day in Argos if I try click and collect the night before?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Haven't followed every page of this thread, but I missed out on a pre-order, is there still a chance of getting a PS5 around launch day in Argos if I try click and collect the night before?

Seems to be talk argos in Ireland aren't getting any stock in due to having to fulfill all their orders in the UK (they took preorders in the UK even though they didn't in Ireland). Don't think it's been confirmed yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Got this off Smyths
    Dear Customer,

With release day right around the corner, here's a quick update on your PlayStation 5 Pre-Order.

You will receive a ready for collection email and SMS when your order is ready for collection. Our stores will be open for collection from 8am on launch day - Thursday 19th November.

Please ensure you bring your ready for collection email and photo identification. If you are unable to collect your Pre-Order, you can have someone else collect on your behalf once they have your permission. In these cases, photo identification of the person who placed the order and the ready for collection email are required.

Please note our stores are not open for browsing so if you wish to purchase any additional PlayStation 5 items, please order online in advance via Click & Collect and you can collect them on launch day.

Now it is time to get excited for your shiny new PlayStation 5 - I know we are!

49e4ff68f04d4f9f4247f9c7e2b0c6d5baa89222914702c01b6256fa821d8489.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Penn wrote: »
    Seems to be talk argos in Ireland aren't getting any stock in due to having to fulfill all their orders in the UK (they took preorders in the UK even though they didn't in Ireland). Don't think it's been confirmed yet though.

I was Argos in Dundrum today and asked about the PS5 and was told they will not be getting any for launch. Don’t know if it’s all shops or just this one.

Penn wrote: »
    Probably the staff are taking them all and using that as an excuse :D

But if it is really the case that they're prioritizing UK customers over Irish ones, I would take a very dim view of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

brainiac wrote: »
    Not sure if this is "news" to anyone since it was assumed, but just got off the phone with Argos Blanchardstown and was told they had a managers call yesterday and the UK have definitely taken all of the stock, so Ireland won't be getting any allocation for launch.

Quoting this again since some people are asking, confirmed by a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Pretty sure we'll prob get the mail and text once they close up on the 18th? Thats usually how they're pre orders work. Hopefully anyways.

Plan on being there as early as possible as I know day 1 will be wasted with downloads more than likely.

Edit: There's always astros playroom while I'm waiting i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Does anyone know someone whos selling a pre order?

Have a friend who’s badly stuck and is going down the seemingly dodgey eBay buying Pre order route

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

brainiac wrote: »
    Not sure if this is "news" to anyone since it was assumed, but just got off the phone with Argos Blanchardstown and was told they had a managers call yesterday and the UK have definitely taken all of the stock, so Ireland won't be getting any allocation for launch.

If that's the case, it's absolutely scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Pretty sure we'll prob get the mail and text once they close up on the 18th? Thats usually how they're pre orders work. Hopefully anyways.

Plan on being there as early as possible as I know day 1 will be wasted with downloads more than likely.

Edit: There's always astros playroom while I'm waiting i guess

They might do it in batches to avoid having everyone queue at 8am and risk getting guards involved etc if queues get out of hand

Kremin wrote: »
    They might do it in batches to avoid having everyone queue at 8am and risk getting guards involved etc if queues get out of hand

Keep an eye on the XBox thread later tonight to see what the Smyths click and collect text says for tomorrow.

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the XBox thread later tonight to see what the Smyths click and collect text says for tomorrow.

If anyone sees mention of how smyths handle that, let us know here. I would have thought they'd receive a collection notice by now. Any preorder I've done with smyths, it comes though early evening day before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    If anyone sees mention of how smyths handle that, let us know here. I would have thought they'd receive a collection notice by now. Any preorder I've done with smyths, it comes though early evening day before release.

Seemingly still no contact..
    I know they’re system was a mess and the majority on there went to MS direct though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

L-M wrote: »
    Does anyone know someone whos selling a pre order?

Have a friend who’s badly stuck and is going down the seemingly dodgey eBay buying Pre order route

I hope the friend gets sorted. It's very disappointing not to get one if it's for Santa. I know I'd be tempted to pay over the odds for one in that case.

My 48 year old gaming husband doesn't know that the one I've reserved for him is going to a friend badly stuck who needs it for Santa for her son. I'll fess up on Christmas Day but he'll totally understand. My 15 and 13 year old daughters told me I'm doing the right thing.

He's getting an iWatch series 6 instead.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Pipmae wrote: »
    I hope the friend gets sorted. It's very disappointing not to get one if it's for Santa. I know I'd be tempted to pay over the odds for one in that case.

My 48 year old gaming husband doesn't know that the one I've reserved for him is going to a friend badly stuck who needs it for Santa for her son. I'll fess up on Christmas Day but he'll totally understand. My 15 and 13 year old daughters told me I'm doing the right thing.

Awwwww, lucky him! ;-)

Smyths text gone out (had a friend waiting)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Smyths text gone out (had a friend waiting)

Time slot or just pickup whenever?

• Advertisement

Seems to be just pick up any time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dan786 wrote: »
    Gamestop use An Post - normally posted in the evening and next day delivery but they are having delays nationwide, was told this morning that all registered post is taking 2 workings days minimum now.

GameStop seem to be using a few different couriers. I got my XbOx email this evening, and its UPS.

Anytime after 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Fair play to you, you are an excellent friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Thanks - he will be half expecting me to have one for him as I've bought him every Playstation series on launch day. I guess he'll get a surprise this time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Ah yeah give away the husbands new console, the ultimate sacrifice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixel Junky

He will say he understands but he'll be devastated, adults want it more than kids but I'd like to be that kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

Got a pre order going spare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭ALS

would love it, got let down by scan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

ste551 wrote: »
    Got a pre order going spare

Please!!!

Advertisement