Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

ste551 wrote: »
    Got a pre order going spare

Nice one man, try to give it to someone genuine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭ALS

would love it, got let down by scan.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭razor12345

If available, I'd also love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Anyone know when Amazon will take payment roughly?

I had my credit card declined over the weekend because I accidentally maxed it out (bought a 4k TV a while back and it hasn't gone from my balance yet). I've just now transferred €550 from my bank but it looks like it'll take a day to process.

I could add a different card to the preorder on Amazon but I'm afraid that'll interfere with the preorder.

If I buy gift card on my amazon account does that help?

Everything has gone against me with this lol. Be a miracle if I get the thing in my hands after all its taken to get this far (I had to slap a parcel motel on amazon on preorder day and forgot the bloody parcel motel code).

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Spooch

Guy there's a thread for unwanted pre orders. Take it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

Spooch wrote: »
    Guy there's a thread for unwanted pre orders. Take it there

Sorry was trying to do people a favour. ill delete the gamestop email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yellowbrick

Sorry was trying to do people a favour. ill delete the gamestop email.

I have a 10 yr old counting on Santa … and his elves working 24x7 making nothing but PS5’s to meet all the Santa list requests.
    Unfortunately I was too late to secure a pre order - would love to pick up a spare pre order and more than happy to make a contribution to charity rather than take a chance on eBay scalpers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Looking for one for my 7 year old son.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

I'm slow off the mark here but if its still available I'd love to take it off your hands. Will give you a few extra quid for your troubles too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Looks like Smyths took payment for my Pulse Headset overnight. Preordered at the same time as the Console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just in case Argos do get ps5's next week, a quick tip from grumpypants on the xbox thread. Clicking into the xbox series x/s product page have me a 'check back soon' message but if you just click on the blue reserve button, you'll be able to reserve it from there. Below a current list of availability for the x, very mixed. Will be bad if Irish Argos don't get any ps5's at all.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=532412&d=1604992957

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Had ordered the media remote from Smyths too, payment taken last night and I got an email from UPS this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭recyclops

So mine is ordered on Amazon, my xbox was delivered flawlessly( and early ) by MS but looking at the xbox thread Amazon havent been great with getting Xbox delivered on launch day, fingers crossed they sort it for the PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I was charged by Smyths last night for Demon's Souls and Assassins Creed, they are going to sit there on my desk for a week minge-teasing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Got charged for Spiderman for the PS5 yesterday and received tracking for it with Fastway, also got the email about my PS5, looking forward to getting it next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Valhalla money taken and shipped

Spider-Man Ultimate and console for collect then

ALMOST TIME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Valhalla money taken and shipped

Spider-Man Ultimate and console for collect then

ALMOST TIME

Same for me, Valhalla and dualsense controller charged. Now to spend the next week looking at the box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

If those are people that pre-ordered on day one then that is a major **** up indeed. The worst part is that these people probably could have secured one elsewhere if Amazon had given them more notice.

There seems to be a decent amount of stock around today at least, anyone that really wants one seems to be able to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Markitron wrote: »
    If those are people that pre-ordered on day one then that is a major **** up indeed. The worst part is that these people probably could have secured one elsewhere if Amazon had given them more notice.

There seems to be a decent amount of stock around today at least, anyone that really wants one seems to be able to get one.

It's mad to think I could wake up this morning, reserve and xbox, collect it today and be playing next gen (whatever about what games are available) but with PS5, it was a lotto to get one on pre-order and we don't even know if Argos will have any, nevermind that Sony won't allocate any to stores on launch day. Xbox handled this much better but I guess that's easy to say as PS5 is more in demand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The PS5 remote play via PS4 will be 1080p for any wondering. Still a nice feature. Like having a Series S in the other room :D

Also will work on PC with HDR, Android and iOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's mad to think I could wake up this morning, reserve and xbox, collect it today and be playing next gen (whatever about what games are available) but with PS5, it was a lotto to get one on pre-order and we don't even know if Argos will have any, nevermind that Sony won't allocate any to stores on launch day. Xbox handled this much better but I guess that's easy to say as PS5 is more in demand

MS have made a mess of delivering some consoles. wrong eircode, wrong addresses. One guy lives in Cork and his Series X is currently in Limerick. UPS can’t change the delivery address until at least one failed attempt for delivery is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Markitron wrote: »

Decent stock for someone who has pre ordered, or for people (me) who have yet to pre order but want to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Just in case Argos do get ps5's next week, a quick tip from grumpypants on the xbox thread. Clicking into the xbox series x/s product page have me a 'check back soon' message but if you just click on the blue reserve button, you'll be able to reserve it from there. Below a current list of availability for the x, very mixed. Will be bad if Irish Argos don't get any ps5's at all.

Any idea what time the X appeared on the argos website? If still wasn't there at 1 am

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

From the XBOX forum page on Boards it looked like about 4am it appeared on Argos to be reserved.

Decent stock for someone who has pre ordered, or for people (me) who have yet to pre order but want to now?

People who haven't pre-ordered but want one now, there are plenty of people on the Xbox thread that secured consoles this morning from various places.
    Any idea what time the X appeared on the argos website? If still wasn't there at 1 am

Seems like it was exactly 4am

Seems to me they both massively ****ed up the pre-orders in different ways, The pre-order day was an even bigger ****show for Xbox cos of all the notice people had to set up their bots. Also their pre-order numbers were seemingly significantly lower than the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone get charged yet for Click and Collect accessories from Smyths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 occne

with PS5, it was a lotto to get one on pre-order and we don't even know if Argos will have any

We do, they wont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

From the XBOX forum page on Boards it looked like about 4am it appeared on Argos to be reserved.

They won’t have ps5s though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

occne wrote: »
    We do, they wont.

My folks just told me they got an Argos catalogue and the Playstation 5 is in it. I find it hard to believe they won't have any in Ireland on launch day. Surely Sony would be allocating them to each Country and wouldn't be happy if a supplier doesn't release them in the Country they're meant for.

Advertisement