Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Anyone get charged yet for Click and Collect accessories from Smyths?

They won't charge for them until about 9pm tomorrow night, think they are just charging for home delivery atm.
    Synode wrote: »
    My folks just told me they got an Argos catalogue and the Playstation 5 is in it. I find it hard to believe they won't have any in Ireland on launch day. Surely Sony would be allocating them to each Country and wouldn't be happy if a supplier doesn't release them in the Country they're meant for.

I imagine Sony give Argos their allocation and Argos themselves decide what to do with them, either way it seems pretty certain they won't have any PS5's next week. Writing was probably on the wall when the UK shops took preorders and the Irish ones didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Anyone get charged yet for Click and Collect accessories from Smyths?

Yes I was charged this morning for A C Valhalla and a dual sense controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

My folks just told me they got an Argos catalogue and the Playstation 5 is in it. I find it hard to believe they won't have any in Ireland on launch day. Surely Sony would be allocating them to each Country and wouldn't be happy if a supplier doesn't release them in the Country they're meant for.

Of course it's in the catalogue, the Argos catalogue is valid for 6 months i think at a time until the new one comes out. They will have them within the next 6 months, just not on release. A few people on here have spoken to the stores to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Yes I was charged this morning for A C Valhalla and a dual sense controller.

for click and collect?

only be charged for Home delivery so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

So Sony aren't allocating them to each Country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

To be fair you can register your interest now on Argos Ireland for the PS5, previously was on Argos UK but I never once got any emails on it. They did manage to send me non related emails though, chancers.

https://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/new-in.htm?mvt=ar:guides-and-advice:newin

The only thing I can see about that link I shared it that is shows clearly as being .ie but when you're on the page itself it says Argos - www.argos.co.uk so I'm not too confident about any of the information coming through being accurate.

it needs to be in the catalogue as they may have some between now and xmas, but for launch its looking like a no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'd be sceptical of just taking the word of people posting online saying Argos or any other shop won't have any. To take it as fact you're assuming that a) the poster is being honest and b) the Argos staff member they asked are being honest. Not trying to accuse anyone here of anything, I'm sure it's more than likely true, but if I was trying to get my hands on a PS5 I'd be trying Argos regardless of what anyone on here or anywhere else says.

So Sony aren't allocating them to each Country?

I think Sony allocate x amount to retaillers, the retaillers then decide how many to send to each store. Argos like just about everyone else over sold their pre-orders before learning how many units they were getting. So they're keeping them in the UK. Smyths were the only ones to be cautious, and even managed to do a 2nd wave of pre-orders once they got confirmation of their allocation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

occne wrote: »
    I think Sony allocate x amount to retaillers, the retaillers then decide how many to send to each store. Argos like just about everyone else over sold their pre-orders before learning how many units they were getting. So they're keeping them in the UK. Smyths were the only ones to be cautious, and even managed to do a 2nd wave of pre-orders once they got confirmation of their allocation.

I understand all of this but surely Sony allocate per Country. And wouldn't be happy if Argos shift their allocation for Ireland to the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Markitron wrote: »
    Writing was probably on the wall when the UK shops took preorders and the Irish ones didn't.

Argos Ireland have never taken preorders for anything, so that isn’t a cause for concern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

They didn't oversell the Series X so there is hope I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Safe to say people would have a much better chance of getting 1 if it wasn't for scalpers. Even those ones saying it's for Little Johnny could be looking to sell them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Safe to say people would have a much better chance of getting 1 if it wasn't for scalpers. Even those ones saying it's for Little Johnny could be looking to sell them on.

My 3 legged, 1 armed, blind and deaf adopted son is looking for one for his very last year of Santa if anyone can help.....

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Still no scans on my anpost tracking label, assume they will collect today and attempt delivery tomorrow or Thursday, can't stop refreshing for updates

Normally with An Post, when they deliver frequently for a company, they've been also given your email and mobile number so you will very likely get a text message and email and when you do it's normally next day delivery then.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

bennyl10 wrote: »
    for click and collect?

only be charged for Home delivery so far

Oh sorry my bad, for home delivery.

Not charged yet for my PS5 and charger which is click and collect for next week

My 3 legged, 1 armed, blind and deaf adopted son is looking for one for his very last year of Santa if anyone can help.....

The ages of the children are getting lower everytime somebody here, and elsewhere. Lowest I've seen is 3.5years old "but I promised him"................ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Some of the ages are suspect, I had a look to see what was there game-wise for the little ones, there was nothing, so I actually cancelled my preorder of a second controller - there was nothing that I thought they'd play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Jesus lads, I am waiting on a headset from SteelSeries being delivered by GLS. Its been in Ireland for a week now and been out for delivery for two days, heres hoping they have NOTHING to do with shipping PS5's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Jesus lads, I am waiting on a headset from SteelSeries being delivered by GLS. Its been in Ireland for a week now and been out for delivery for two days, heres hoping they have NOTHING to do with shipping PS5's.

When you order for in-store pickup:

4ltapi.jpg

ANyone who has ordered MM ultimate from smyths, and has it shipped already, do they send you the code for downloading remaster? Or is it in the box?...

Was surprised to get a text code for AC this morning and everything else is c&c

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

ANyone who has ordered MM ultimate from smyths, and has it shipped already, do they send you the code for downloading remaster? Or is it in the box?...

Shipped yeah, no codes. I assume it’s in the box.

Berty wrote: »
    The ages of the children are getting lower everytime somebody here, and elsewhere. Lowest I've seen is 3.5years old "but I promised him"................ :rolleyes:

It's a joke. I have 3 kids, none of which will be particularly bothered if I get one or not. 2 of them are obsessed with the switch which suits me to have the TV..... If I can get a ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

Berty wrote: »

My completely real pregnant girlfriend is due on November 19 and we the child will need a ps5 to keep them warm at night and enjoy 120fps gameplay...

Can't help but roll my eyes at some of these...

It's a joke. I have 3 kids, none of which will be particularly bothered if I get one or not. 2 of them are obsessed with the switch which suits me to have the TV..... If I can get a ps5.

Currys and Harvey Normans would be my best bet for finding one. Not sure if either did pre-orders though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone get update off scanuk bout preorders. I was told I missed out on first wave anyway bout 2 weeks ago which is a balls caused I've paid upfront in full. Moneys tied up there now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Its not a pre-order bonus so the code comes in the box, pre-order bonuses are sent via text.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

lB2Uxko.jpg

• Advertisement

occne wrote: »
    Currys and Harvey Normans would be my best bet for finding one. Not sure if either did pre-orders though.

I wasn't bothered about getting one this side of January until a couple of weeks ago hence me not preordering. I should have known better considering I've worked in gamestop, smyths and hmv for previous console releases. If I get one, I get one. If I don't then January/February will do me.

Advertisement