Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Argos are 100% not getting this for launch. Was in two stores today and both have managers said same.

Argos are 100% not getting this for launch. Was in two stores today and both have managers said same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

dan786 wrote: »

so good you said it twice lol

Haha not sure how that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Haha not sure how that happened.

You are clearly a Russian bot sent here to prevent people getting PS5s in order to stir up civil unrest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone know if smyths had any additional units of thr xbox up for sale this morning? Trying to gauge if they will have any additional ps5s

Anyone know if smyths had any additional units of thr xbox up for sale this morning? Trying to gauge if they will have any additional ps5s

Judging by the Xbox thread, it doesn't appear to have no. I would imagine any cancelled or extra units will be held for the next wave of online orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

I cancelled one of my pre-orders this afternoon but didn't see it come back up on the site, I wonder will they hold the cancellations for release day so they'll have some stock?

I saw a lot of xbox series x/s in Kinsale Road Smyths this morning. They were on the shelves and didn't seem to be waiting for collection as pre-orders, just seemed to be regular stock, I wonder are they keeping them for when the lockdown ends again?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

I cancelled one of my pre-orders this afternoon but didn't see it come back up on the site

As someone else mentioned, theres an 'Unwanted Pre-Order Thread' on here, anyone else thinking of cancelling, maybe offer it on there? You could make some kids xmas.

They did not. Also the demand for PS5 if much higher than Xbox so I would be surprised if Smyths have not over sold like every other retailer here and UK.

I think the second wave is around 9/10th December. This is what Box UK told customers after they oversold in the first wave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

occne wrote: »
    As someone else mentioned, theres an 'Unwanted Pre-Order Thread' on here, anyone else thinking of cancelling, maybe offer it on there? You could make some kids xmas.

I've had too much hassle trying to get my xbox series X from delivered from MS (have to collect it myself from the depot tomorrow) and didn't want the hassle of waiting on/chasing up another delivery especially as all my parcels are taking ages at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They did not. Also the demand for PS5 if much higher than Xbox so I would be surprised if Smyths have not over sold like every other retailer here and UK.

I think the second wave is around 9/10th December. This is what Box UK told customers after they oversold in the first wave

Stock seems to be arriving, if they oversold you’d imagine they’d have told people by this point?...

I cancelled one of my pre-orders this afternoon but didn't see it come back up on the site, I wonder will they hold the cancellations for release day so they'll have some stock?

They can't sell them off the shelf and I doubt they would open pre-orders again for a handful of units, would crash their site again.

Unlike GameStop, Smyths seem to have been very cautious in their approach to pre-orders, also I'd be fairly certain they would have told people by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

To be fair he spoke to two managers. You need to cite both sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

I asked in argos nutgrove today said wont have any as there going to uk first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    I asked in argos nutgrove today said wont have any as there going to uk first.

And just so you all are aware ... this "going to UK first" probably means that the Irish stores that are managed as branches of the UK operation are still getting plenty, but cannot send them to Ireland.

The reason? If there's any delay, simply shipping them from UK to Ireland for sale after 1st January may make them subject to import or export duty. No operations manager in their right mind would plan to ship stock over the UK/EU border so close to the end of this year.

All these UK stores won't be easily controlling stock in Ireland as they had before after 1st January, assuming there is a no-deal brexit (51 days to go).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

For what it’s worth I’ve a friend who works at EBay who told me that you’ll have no cover if you buy one of the pre orders people are selling.

Just in case anyone was thinking of doing it.
    Your best bet will be on Adverts the day after release when people are looking to make a few quid and sell them for a extra couple hundred.

3DataModem wrote: »
    All these UK stores won't be easily controlling stock in Ireland as they had before after 1st January, assuming there is a no-deal brexit (51 days to go).

Very good point, looks like Ireland is getting shafted by default and it's obviously not going to be just on consoles. I'm convinced there will be a no-deal brexit, especially after boris got defeated yesterday in trying to break brexit rules to favour themselves .Hopefully we can deal with our European neighbours and leave the UK out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Andzmoore

Will there be any availability in northern ireland on release day?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

so it begins....................................

https://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-series-x/22104911

• Advertisement

so it begins....................................

https://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-series-x/22104911

Yep that’s how it’ll be for the PlayStation. Probably how I’ll get mine to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Yep that’s how it’ll be for the PlayStation. Probably how I’ll get mine to be honest.

I'd say that came from Argos Arklow today and now it's being flipped.

Why not wait ? Is it that urgent ? Don't pay over the odds for this stuff. It just encourages more of this crap.

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Buy some lube. https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sony-PlayStation-5-PS5-Console-Standard-Disk-Edition-CONFIRMED-Pre-Order/324366837575?hash=item4b85c52747:g:0EEAAOSwq69fqMe3

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    I'd say that came from Argos Arklow today and now it's being flipped.

Why not wait ? Is it that urgent ? Don't pay over the odds for this stuff. It just encourages more of this crap.

Oh I agree that it’s stupid to pay when you can wait.

But thankfully I’m in a position where I was able to sell on my PS4 Pro too recoup the extra cost.

You can’t really blame people for wanting it considering it’s pretty much impossible to get a hold of one now.

Also it’s a console release so it’ll be last big enjoyment splurge I make this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

occne wrote: »

What happens if someone bids on that and don't pay. He's some scumbag. I'd love to do it so he don't get a penny outta it

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

dave1982 wrote: »
    He's some scumbag. I'd love to do it so he don't get a penny outta it
    It'd certainly be more charitable of the seller to pass on the pre-order for free, but in this situation it looks like the bidders drove the price up. I can't understand why people are that desperate for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got the call from gamestop(wex) while on the way to pickup the series x. Seems I have to wait until friday morning as collection slots are gone for thursday.

A shame but sure it's grand

dave1982 wrote: »
    What happens if someone bids on that and don't pay. He's some scumbag. I'd love to do it so he don't get a penny outta it

In fairness (and i hate saying this because i agree with you) but he's not setting the price. These are the bids people are willing to pay. Little Timmy needs his PS5 for xmas so it's mummy to the rescue with the credit card. You could bid and not pay, not sure how that would affect your eBay status though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kids really want to play Astrobot and Bugsnax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Im willing to wait for my ps5 since its such a headache trying to get one now. Anyone know when the next batch might be released? Maybe early 2021?

Advertisement