Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

I got the e-mail from Gamestop a little while back telling me I'll be getting the PS5 on launch. Not heard or seen a dickie-bird since. Anyone else been contacted by them yet ??

P.S. my local Gamestop is closed so can't ring them to suss it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

Madman08 wrote: »
    I got the e-mail from Gamestop a little while back telling me I'll be getting the PS5 on launch. Not heard or seen a dickie-bird since. Anyone else been contacted by them yet ??

P.S. my local Gamestop is closed so can't ring them to suss it out.

The concensus is to wait til after the xbox launch and we can expect them to start getting in contact.

My store is one of the closed ones, however they've emailed me with a coupon to the value of the two games I've ordered so that I can order them online (had to pay for delivery but what harm).
    I expect the same will be done with the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Just got an email gamestop with a gift card number for spare ps5 controller I pre ordered but nothing on console itself yet .

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Jesus lads, I am waiting on a headset from SteelSeries being delivered by GLS. Its been in Ireland for a week now and been out for delivery for two days, heres hoping they have NOTHING to do with shipping PS5's.

Crap iv one coming too

• Registered Users Posts: 8 McPacher

Pre-ordered PS5 back in Dec 2019 at Pana Gamestop; I had to contact them twice to get an info on pre-order. Got an email asking me which edition I wanna go for, but no reply since.

I don't even know how to pay for it or if someone will be in touch to take payment. What a mess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just got emails from gamestop, three, one for the headset, another for the charging dock and another for a controller.

I got a code for each of them but only the controller one worked for me to submit the purchase. The other two failed with invalid coupons. Le sigh

I hope I’m able to find one before December 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

I'll be carefully monitoring my inbox over the next few days !! Don't mind too much if it's a few days late. A little communication from Gamestop would help though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

RedXIV wrote: »
    Just got emails from gamestop, three, one for the headset, another for the charging dock and another for a controller.

I got a code for each of them but only the controller one worked for me to submit the purchase. The other two failed with invalid coupons. Le sigh

Just got codes too, for Demon souls and Miles morales. Wanted to upgrade MM to ultimate, but no preorder option for that, says coupon only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got an email from Gamestop with a coupon and voucher for my pre order of miles morales ultimate edition.

I input the coupon which allowed me to add miles morales to my shopping basket but then it said an unknown error occurred and now I have nothing in the basket and the coupon can't be used again :(

I still have the voucher but it's annoying

• Advertisement

hmmm reading the fine print:

image.png

So according to that, I've lost my preordered accessories. Oh we shall see about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Just got codes too, for Demon souls and Miles morales. Wanted to upgrade MM to ultimate, but no preorder option for that, says coupon only

You can pay 20 from the game dashboard to upgrade to ultimate if you still fancy.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    You can pay 20 from the game dashboard to upgrade to ultimate if you still fancy.

Lovely . Ordered basic version cos they said saves wouldn’t carry over but then they said they do so wil Defo upgrade now

Game dashboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Got an email from Gamestop with a coupon and voucher for my pre order of miles morales ultimate edition.

I input the coupon which allowed me to add miles morales to my shopping basket but then it said an unknown error occurred and now I have nothing in the basket and the coupon can't be used again :(

I still have the voucher but it's annoying

The code worked again after a few minutes so there must be a timeout built into it. Crisis averted! :pac:

Anybody pre order an xbox with them ? The delivery for spider man was 3.50 so I wonder what the fee for the ps5 itself will be.

The code worked again after a few minutes so there must be a timeout built into it. Crisis averted! :pac:

Anybody pre order an xbox with them ? The delivery for spider man was 3.50 so I wonder what the fee for the ps5 itself will be.

thank god you said that :D ok, first voucher went through after 15 min wait, will try next one in another 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Its 3.50 as well for PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Where’s the best place to preorder Spider-Man from? And is the Spider-Man remaster disk or download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was very impressed how Smyths handled my Series S pre-order today. I had selected to collect at the store. I went down at 12:30 to Smyths in Airside, Swords.

I went in the door, the guy at the door asked if I was there to collect an Xbox. I said yes and he told me to go to till #1. The woman scanned my phone, checked my ID and handed me the Series S about 30 seconds later. In and out in a couple of minutes.

I assume it will be the exact same when I go to collect the PS5 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Where’s the best place to preorder Spider-Man from? And is the Spider-Man remaster disk or download

I'd go for Smyths and the remaster is a download code in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I was very impressed how Smyths handled my Series S pre-order today. I had selected to collect at the store. I went down at 12:30 to Smyths in Airside, Swords.

I went in the door, the guy at the door asked if I was there to collect an Xbox. I said yes and he told me to go to till #1. The woman scanned my phone, checked my ID and handed me the Series S about 30 seconds later. In and out in a couple of minutes.

what do they scan on your phone?
    do they give you a time to collect or can you go down at anytime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

biggebruv wrote: »
    what do they scan on your phone?
    do they give you a time to collect or can you go down at anytime?

You get an email when your order is ready to collect and the email has a barcode they scan at the till.

When did you get the collection email from smyths? Night before or were you waiting day of before heading in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Theres a thing at the bottom of the email that they scan. I've been told that scanning doesnt work if dark mode is enabled on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Email came in last night or today?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

When did you get the collection email from smyths? Night before or were you waiting day of before heading in?

I got the text and email from Smyths at 9:38pm on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got email and text from DPD, headset will be delivered tomorrow. Ordered from Smyths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Valhalla with fastway, no tracking available yet though

Any other company would have been fine

Advertisement