Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Not sure if im in the right thread for this, but was thinking of pre ordering the controller from GameStop. They have it for pre order and can get it delivered. Are GameStop good to go for or should I avoid them as they haven't been getting good reviews on this Thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Just got email and text from DPD, headset will be delivered tomorrow. Ordered from Smyths

Which headset the new PlayStation one?

I've pre ordered an extra controller and the base station. Waiting to go pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

JKGT wrote: »
    Which headset the new PlayStation one?

I've pre ordered an extra controller and the base station. Waiting to go pick up.
    Yeah the new pulse headset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Saz2020 wrote: »
    Not sure if im in the right thread for this, but was thinking of pre ordering the controller from GameStop. They have it for pre order and can get it delivered. Are GameStop good to go for or should I avoid them as they haven't been getting good reviews on this Thread?

My controller has been dispatched from GameStop this evening. I've had multiple items delivered with no issues and always a day early. The bad reviews will be down to how they are handling pre-ordering the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

blaa85 wrote: »
    My controller has been dispatched from GameStop this evening. I've had multiple items delivered with no issues and always a day early. The bad reviews will be down to how they are handling pre-ordering the console.

Thanks for reply. Myt just go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

lertsnim wrote: »
    I've been told that scanning doesnt work if dark mode is enabled on the phone.
    Not picking on you if you get me but you gotta wonder where this type of rumour originates! I picked up a pre-order of an electric scooter during the week and my phone is on dark mode. Not an issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just got email and text from DPD, headset will be delivered tomorrow. Ordered from Smyths

I got a text from DPD today saying your UK shipment has been dispatched. Got all excited, could Game be shipping them early? I haven't ordered anything else, it must be it.

I Logged in. F'n Nespresso delivery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Serious level of first world problems there, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Game be shipping them early? I haven't ordered anything else, it must be it.

Be grateful. :) You might need an injection of caffeine to steady the nerves while you're waiting on your Game delivery. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

I got a text from DPD today saying your UK shipment has been dispatched. Got all excited, could Game be shipping them early? I haven't ordered anything else, it must be it.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone here order off scanuk?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Received Spiderman MM for the PS5 this morning, ordered from Smyths, delivered by Fastway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anyone here order off scanuk?

I didn't but there were people a few days ago who said they had but their order had been cancelled as Scan ended up getting in fewer consoles than they thought and so were having to cancel some preorders. Similar with Currys UK as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

AC arrived from Smyths but not Demon's Souls, I know I can't play either of em for 8 days but this is still irrationally irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

The €499 preorder from Smyth's comes with a controller, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, each console always comes with one controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Penn wrote: »
    I didn't but there were people a few days ago who said they had but their order had been cancelled as Scan ended up getting in fewer consoles than they thought and so were having to cancel some preorders. Similar with Currys UK as well I think.

Thanks I got email saying I missed out on launch day but I'm in a queue and they're very vague on where I am in queue

Even Apple wouldn't sell you a games console without a controller.

Actually maybe they would?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

Is anywhere going to have stock of the PS5 on launch day? I was monitoring Argos with the Xbox Series X just to see when stock was available to reserve but people are now saying they're not getting any PS5s on launch? Is that actually true or just rumours? I'll probably stay up refreshing their site the night of regardless.

Aokay wrote: »
    Is anywhere going to have stock of the PS5 on launch day? I was monitoring Argos with the Xbox Series X just to see when stock was available to reserve but people are now saying they're not getting any PS5s on launch? Is that actually true or just rumours? I'll probably stay up refreshing their site the night of regardless.

There have been multiple sources saying there won't be any, so I'd say its unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Pulse headset just arrived from Smyths. Way more comfortable than the Gold headset

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Wahey, Demon's Souls just arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Aokay wrote: »

Definitely won’t have them Unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Valhalla and my DualSense controller just arrived.

Roll on the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

An Post still haven't even scanned my label yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Anyone order a game off Amazon?

Miles Morales shows as being delivered tomorrow but it's still not been dispatched. Seems strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Are GameStop ever gonna tell us how to get our ps5s from the stores that are closed. Are we just waiting till the lockdown ends or what

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Are GameStop ever gonna tell us how to get our ps5s from the stores that are closed. Are we just waiting till the lockdown ends or what

If you are on the list you will get an email, I asked and they are being sent today/tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Smyths told me they can't change delivery address from what was on the pre-order.

Ordered it for a friend, so need to figure out how to get it down from Wicklow to Kilkenny. Stupid lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Smyths told me they can't change delivery address from what was on the pre-order.

Ordered it for a friend, so need to figure out how to get it down from Wicklow to Kilkenny. Stupid lockdown.

You could use Parcel Motel if you both have it

Advertisement