Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

True. But it does say that all initial stock for launch day has been allocated but they are working to make more stock available for pre-order.

Might at least give hope for those who need it as a Christmas present.

All retaillers are working to get more, but I do believe Smyths will get some before xmas, but with Sony saying not to sell any instore right now, it will be a mad scramble online for the few they do get. The likes of Gamestop have wait lists into next year so if they get anymore, they're already allocated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Just been to the local harvey norman.

After asking about three people, one was able to say they won't have stock in come launch.

I went in there about two weeks and manager said they would, but the guy today said they had an email last week saying they won't have stock. Just thought I'd pass it on, it may not be for all of their shops.

I rang both Argos & Harvey Norman they said ring day before to see if there is stock and if there is it’s first come first serve

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

getting so many mixed messages from this stock situation it's driving mad. Wish they would just clarify by their socials what the situation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

They’re won’t be any in Argos or Harvey Normal.
    They just don’t wanna say because it makes them
    Look bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Paul MCM wrote: »
    DualSense Charging Station is available for home delivery from Smyths now. Just got one

Dispatched already and should have it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Has anyone heard anything from Currys on how they are handling preorders, will they have stock on launch, will they actually keep the console for you if you have preordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dispatched already and should have it tomorrow

What time did you the email confirmation when you placed the order?

Berty wrote: »
    What time did you the email confirmation when you placed the order?

Within 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Any of the accessories people got delivered from Smyths today, what courier was used? I've the remote coming from UPS, got an update when it was out for delivery at half 7 this morning, but no word since.

No rush obviously on that, just wondering if it's any indication of the console delivery next week, or if that will be a different courier altogether.

• Advertisement

shrewdness wrote: »
    Any of the accessories people got delivered from Smyths today, what courier was used? I've the remote coming from UPS, got an update when it was out for delivery at half 7 this morning, but no word since.

No rush obviously on that, just wondering if it's any indication of the console delivery next week, or if that will be a different courier altogether.

DPD delivered mine

Within 5 mins

Was curious because I ordered about 20 mins after you posted they were available and I've nothing from them yet other than confirmation. I'm sure it's fine and if not then I'll just keep trying. Figured ordering around the same time I'd get a despatch around the same time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

An Post delivered my headset.

Was curious because I ordered about 20 mins after you posted they were available and I've nothing from them yet other than confirmation. I'm sure it's fine and if not then I'll just keep trying. Figured ordering around the same time I'd get a despatch around the same time as well.

Just checked ordered mine at 12.09 and got a dispatch email from Smyths at 14.09.
    I’m sure you are fine.

Just checked ordered mine at 12.09 and got a dispatch email from Smyths at 14.09.
    I’m sure you are fine.

As I was reading this reply it came through, go figure eh :rolleyes:

Link goes to a generic An Post page but when I hover over the hyperlink I can see the tracking number in the link, defo An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Got a Ready for Dispatch email for the headset, link is for Fastway.

As I was reading this reply it came through, go figure eh :rolleyes:

Link goes to a generic An Post page but could be anybody I suppose.

Sweet, just checked and they are sold out again.

Sweet, just checked and they are sold out again.

They were gone(Charging station) after I ordered and refreshed. Thanks for the headsup earlier again.

They were gone(Charging station) after I ordered and refreshed. Thanks for the headsup earlier again.

No probs

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Has Gamestop contacted anyone about COD Cold war click and collect pre order? I've heard nothing and the email reply is useless from Gamestop, game is out Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

I had one in my basket was to slow getting it to the checkout hate this system.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I wouldn't order any small items like the charging station from smyths for home delivery if you can avoid it. I pre ordered the plug and play for xbox and small items are normal post. It dispatched on friday and is still not here. PS5 accessories like the PS5 pad dispatched yesterday and sent by UPS arrived today

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I wouldn't order any small items like the charging station from smyths for home delivery if you can avoid it. I pre ordered the plug and play for xbox and small items are normal post. It dispatched on friday and is still not here. PS5 accessories like the PS5 pad dispatched yesterday and sent by UPS arrived today

The charging station is delivered by DPD. Valhalla was the regular post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

https://www.thejournal.ie/an-post-christmas-deliveries-5262276-Nov2020/

As for deliveries to me I don't have a preference when shipped from within Ireland except GLS. I don't care if it's shipped in Ireland or from far away, they're just useless.

If I had to pick a second courier I dislike then it's Fastway but not my driver just the darn Hub. Something I ordered from the UK ended up in Kerry Depot(instead of Limerick) and they said I didn't have the eircode on it. The shipper had the Eircode(you could see it on the label) and Fastway reprinted it without the Eircode which somehow becomes my fault. Dopes. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 McPacher

Update*

Just got my gift card to order the PS5.They're going to send it through An Post

Assuming they're going to send out the other gift cards to you folks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

My copy of Spiderman was out for delivery since 8ish and just arrived ten minutes ago. UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

McPacher wrote: »
    Update*

Just got my gift card to order the PS5.They're going to send it through An Post

Assuming they're going to send out the other gift cards to you folks

so my accessories were preordered yesterday, thought I had paid off a bit more but the vouchers were small so I guessed I had miscounted or something. Nope, my voucher for the PS5 is 550. So I've no idea where that other 50 is going. Or why it's on the PS5. Back to support I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

DesmondGAF wrote: »
    My copy of Spiderman was out for delivery since 8ish and just arrived ten minutes ago. UPS

Ah right, mine will probably come this evening so as the estimated delivery time does say by end of day. Just never got anything through UPS here before so not sure how they are. Could be a different courier altogether for the actual console though by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

Got my email from GameStop regarding my pre order earlier. I ordered it in Galway which is closed so the system seems to be the same as they were using for the xbox earlier in the week. Have to enter a code to purchase and then chose shipping option. So relieved to have it confirmed, was half expecting them to email to say that they the got less stock than they expected or something!

Advertisement