Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

McDermotX wrote: »
    Yep....same here for the accessories for C&C. Dont plan on picking them up till next week though.
    Assume they've factored that in. Certainly the initial preorder comms stated orders held till after lockdown etc

That’s my plan, collect Spider-Man with the console in one go next week

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Behanjin

So why would they email you again? You're paid off and in the launch day allocation. Your friend needed to pay off his console before he could get it.

I saw somewhere on Twitter that if your order was in store (which mine was, and in a closed store) they still need to email people and they need to convert your order to an online one using a coupon code.

Apparently the first batch of emails went out today, and I wasn't part of it so can't confirm. And also seeing that these coupon codes are single use and prone to errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

Got an email there from smyths regarding my payment method for click and collect. Hadn’t the money on the card so they asked me to update with a different one, which I did straight away. Anyone have experience with that, I’m super nervous now!

Got an email there from smyths regarding my payment method for click and collect. Hadn’t the money on the card so they asked me to update with a different one, which I did straight away. Anyone have experience with that, I’m super nervous now!

Sort of same here. I had the money on the card though. I updated with same details and €80 was paid out and I got the preorder bonus sms

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Isolated Warrior

Got the email telling me I was in the first allocation of ps5 consoles from GameStop. Got my voucher codes yesterday for Miles morales and the headset. Still waiting on the voucher code for the ps5. It’s all fully paid up in store. A bit fearful that the email won’t come with the ps5 voucher code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sorry if it's been covered but I dont think I can read 96 pages of this thread.

Is there a general understanding that Argos and one or two others will have stock available to order on the 19th for people that didn't pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭klose

Smyths saying on their page for the ps5 they're expecting stock for December

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

There's many hoping they will but absolutely no guarantee they will and some have been told by Argos managers there won't be. I'd still be mashing F5 every second after they close their stores on the 18th until they open next day though, just to be sure.

Sort of same here. I had the money on the card though. I updated with same details and €80 was paid out and I got the preorder bonus sms

How long after you updated it did it take to see the charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

.G. wrote: »
    There's many hoping they will but absolutely no guarantee they will and some have been told by Argos managers there won't be. I'd still be mashing F5 every second after they close their stores on the 18th until they open next day though, just to be sure.

Thanks, yes that's what I was thinking of doing. Will keep my eyes peeled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

DopeTech wrote: »

Is there a general understanding that Argos and one or two others will have stock available to order on the 19th for people that didn't pre-order?

Argos wont have them in Ireland as holding stock for UK. So I would not rely on them at all if you need one before Christmas.

How long after you updated it did it take to see the charge?

Immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

klose wrote: »
    Smyths saying on their page for the ps5 they're expecting stock for December

That update is new

I’m assuming that’s not for preorders which are sold out..

Sorry didn’t read the story of the update
    “ If you have already placed a pre-order, your order will be available on release day, Thursday 19th November. We are working to make more stock avalable for pre-order. Please check back soon for stock availability updates.”

Immediately

Ok well I updated it and have seen nothing yet. The preorder is still “In progress” on my Smyths account so I’ll give them a buzz in the morning.

Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Hmm......2 day preorder hold in Smyths on the accessories.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Hmm......2 day preorder hold in Smyths on the accessories.

Receive the email?

(He says while staring intently at outlook)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Ok well I updated it and have seen nothing yet. The preorder is still “In progress” on my Smyths account so I’ll give them a buzz in the morning.

Thanks a million :)

Mine is still in progress too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Receive the email?

(He says while staring intently at outlook)

Aye.....SMS and mail for a controller and headset so far. 2 days.

Bit annoying, but not the end of the world.

Perhaps they want the transactions to be completed before shafting people on their consoles. :p

Got my text to collect Miles Morales. Anyone thinking of leaving it for a week to collect alongside the PS5, says order will be held for two days only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

DopeTech wrote: »

Argos maybe....but who are the one or two others?

Currys have told me not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

Behanjin wrote: »
    I saw somewhere on Twitter that if your order was in store (which mine was, and in a closed store) they still need to email people and they need to convert your order to an online one using a coupon code.

Apparently the first batch of emails went out today, and I wasn't part of it so can't confirm. And also seeing that these coupon codes are single use and prone to errors.
    I got my email today. My deposit was converted into a gift card number and I had to input a long code in order to purchase the PS5. I would definitely recommend having the email open on two devices as errors could easily occur when inputing the codes and there are a few steps to follow in the process. Hope everyone gets theirs tomorrow.

Nothing yet from smyths (carrickmines) for collection

Took the money.. now make with the collect!

And we have go!

Now the same next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Got my text and email for headset collection in smyths.

.G. wrote: »
    Got my text to collect Miles Morales. Anyone thinking of leaving it for a week to collect alongside the PS5, says order will be held for two days only.

It’s probably automated, they already confirmed they would continue to hold during level 5. In the past if I’ve not gotten up in time and after day 2 they’ve called me to tell me collect it or it’s cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Behanjin

BlueEars wrote: »
    I got my email today. My deposit was converted into a gift card number and I had to input a long code in order to purchase the PS5. I would definitely recommend having the email open on two devices as errors could easily occur when inputing the codes and there are a few steps to follow in the process. Hope everyone gets theirs tomorrow.

I'm wondering if you have it fully paid off, do you still need to do the conversion as I saw for Xbox orders, they were charging 3.50 postage

Behanjin wrote: »
    I'm wondering if you have it fully paid off, do you still need to do the conversion as I saw for Xbox orders, they were charging 3.50 postage

I had to pay €3.50 postage but not sure what the story is you have it fully paid off. I will post a screenshot of the email now as it might explain it there.

It’s probably automated, they already confirmed they would continue to hold during level 5. In the past if I’ve not gotten up in time and after day 2 they’ve called me to tell me collect it or it’s cancelled

They’ve said 2 days a few times since that original email on twitter

I’ve no idea if theyve just decided to ignore that

They confirmed that for the console only though I thought. No mention of it regarding anything else. I got it in the email regarding the console pre order but not for anything else I had ordered.

Pre order email from GameStop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Isolated Warrior

BlueEars wrote: »
    Pre order email from GameStop.

What time did that arrive?

Advertisement