Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Behanjin

BlueEars wrote: »
    Pre order email from GameStop.

Appreciate you for posting this. Will wait to see if I get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

What time did that arrive?

3.30 , went into my promotion emails though so watch out for that

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Isolated Warrior

3.30 , went into my promotion emails though so watch out for that

No sign of it yet.

No sign of it yet.

They seem to be sending in batches so keep an eye out over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Are these emails for people whose console was confirmed for launch?

• Advertisement

Govannan wrote: »
    Are these emails for people whose console was confirmed for launch?

Yeah you would have already gotten an email saying you were part of the launch allocation

• Registered Users Posts: 33 beet_root

HD camera and dualsense charging station available to reserve on Argos.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

beet_root wrote: »
    HD camera and dualsense charging station available to reserve on Argos.ie
    dualsense charging isn't out of stock got one luckily last night of smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

rob808 wrote: »
    dualsense charging isn't out of stock got one luckily last night of smyths.

Can’t find stock in Dublin of the charging station. If anyone has a code, greatly appreciate it!

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Can’t find stock in Dublin of the charging station. If anyone has a code, greatly appreciate it!
    sorry meant to say is out of stock keep a eye on smyths I got one last night had one earlier that day but was to slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

The MD of An Post Mail was on Newstalk a little earlier saying they are dealing with volumes 130% greater than usual for this time of the year, and citing issues such as staff needing to social distance and staggered work times as reasons for causing delays.

He was advising that people allow an extra few days for their mail/parcels to arrive.

I believe GameStop used An Post for the Xbox deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

BrentMused wrote: »
    The MD of An Post Mail was on Newstalk a little earlier saying they are dealing with volumes 130% greater than usual for this time of the year, and citing issues such as staff needing to social distance and staggered work times as reasons for causing delays.

He was advising that people allow an extra few days for their mail/parcels to arrive.

Yeah I believe it.

Waiting on a game from CeX and Smyths, both say they dispatched Monday/Tuesday but haven't even been scanned yet by anpost

Have to feel for the workers there, I collected a package from a depot in June and it seemed busy there and the lad said it's basically as if Christmas never ended last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

There's controllers on the Smyths site now.

Home delivery and most stores

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Anyone who pre order for delivery from Smyths get anything yet (for console) about payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My Smyths game is coming through An Post. No tracking.

My controller and charger are coming Via An Post with a tracking(not shipped yet) and due for delivery Monday
    Staplor wrote: »
    There's controllers on the Smyths site now.

Home delivery and most stores

I've been seeing the Controller on Smyhts for a few weeks now, never seemed to be an issue adding it to the cart, didn't bother till yesterday till the Charger came available. Same with the likes of Amazon, controller has always been available anytime I checked.

They actually used 3 different delivery companies for the Xbox launch judging by the pre order thread and Twitter. An Post, UPS and (I think) DPD. GAME in the UK are doing the same because of the massive number of consoles they have to ship

Kanney wrote: »
    Anyone who pre order for delivery from Smyths get anything yet (for console) about payment?
    They take payment 2-7 day before launch and that ps5 be given to couriers a day before lanuch.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

How will getting a ps5 from a physical Argos store work anybody know? Are they even selling them on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mecrab wrote: »
    How will getting a ps5 from a physical Argos store work anybody know? Are they even selling them on launch day?

It seems like Argos won't have any at launch at all. A few people here have said they've spoken with branch managers to confirm. All Argos' stock has been kept for the UK stores as they took pre-orders there, whereas they didn't here in Ireland.

If by any chance they do have them, you'd have to reserve it online, then it's just a case of click & collect at the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got my PS5 headset delivered this morning from DPD. Controller yesterday from UPS. I ordered in Smyths.

So ready to go for PS5 next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Has anyone changed their delivery address on Amazon? I want to change it from Parcel Motel to my work address, the option is there to do so but I'm hesitant to click on it in the small chance it screws my order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Smyths delivery of headset just arrived via An Post (Dublin based). Hype just gone up another level...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

I think I read on here the PS4 controllers will work on PS5 if playing PS4 games, is that right or am i imagining it? If so, would it be possible to use one PS4 and one PS5 controller at the same time when playing 2 person games? Or should I buy my son another controller to go with his already very expensive xmas present?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Everyone getting their Smyth's delivery meanwhile I'm sitting at my window watching for an post frantically refreshing the tracking page for updates :(

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Bugg wrote: »
    Has anyone changed their delivery address on Amazon? I want to change it from Parcel Motel to my work address, the option is there to do so but I'm hesitant to click on it in the small chance it screws my order
    I have done that on other occasions without issues. PM is a big risk factor, as even though they seem to deliver most parcels without issues, when something does go wrong, their CS is practically non-existant and it takes weeks to months to rectify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I think I read on here the PS4 controllers will work on PS5 if playing PS4 games, is that right or am i imagining it? If so, would it be possible to use one PS4 and one PS5 controller at the same time when playing 2 person games? Or should I buy my son another controller to go with his already very expensive xmas present?

Yes, you can use one ps4 controller and one ps5 controller, while playing a 2 player ps4 game on ps5. This was something I wanted to find out for ages and was only confirmed the other day, but can't remember where I read it. (It's a hard one to google)

I'll know for definite next week anyway when I try it out. PS5 controllers seems to have decent stock, so if not, at least it should be handy getting one.

wes wrote: »
    Got my PS5 headset delivered this morning from DPD. Controller yesterday from UPS. I ordered in Smyths.

So ready to go for PS5 next week.
    when you got your controller of UPS did it have the Eircode on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone who has got from smyths with fastway.. how long has it taken? Was collected yesterday and in their depot scanned at 2am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

PS4 controllers will work on PS5 but only for playing PS4 games. If you want to play PSVR games you will need the Dualshock 4 because of the light bar.

You can use PS5 controllers on PS4 from what I've read.

You can use PS5 controllers to play ps4 games on the ps5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Based on my issues with Game and Ordering for Parcel Motel
    Game UK wrote:
    Hi there,
    Thank you for contacting us.

We don't deliver to Ireland any more but we do deliver to Northern Ireland.

​I cannot see why you may see this issue other than if your sever is connect via Ireland.

The only way I could get the system to put anything PS5 related into my basked was using a VPN.(I used Tunnelbear - free bare minimum allowance). Just in case people spot a deal and can't understand why they cannot order, this is likely why.

Advertisement