Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Lads, has anybody been able to get an answer from Gamestop?

I've a mate who pre-ordered and paid his console off in full back when the price was announced, he's not received any communication from Gamestop since and they're not responding to the emails he's sent. Anybody know a better way to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wing126 wrote: »
    I've a mate who pre-ordered and paid his console off in full back when the price was announced, he's not received any communication from Gamestop since and they're not responding to the emails he's sent. Anybody know a better way to contact them?

Yes, trial by Social Media. They have taken funds in full for a product that they might not actually provide. I would be Tweeting them and copying in the likes of the CPCC, Conor Pope and others.

I might even put them in the same remarks, somebody can jog my memory. There was an Irish retailer 1-2 years ago who sold a load of mobiles, then couldn't supply them and then went out of business. Nearly every media outlet was discussing them.

So if GS have taken money in full, won't engage and cannot supply a service then they should be dragged through social media. Remember the loudest voice is often seen to first.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

blaa85 wrote: »
    Yes, you can use one ps4 controller and one ps5 controller, while playing a 2 player ps4 game on ps5. This was something I wanted to find out for ages and was only confirmed the other day, but can't remember where I read it. (It's a hard one to google)

I'll know for definite next week anyway when I try it out. PS5 controllers seems to have decent stock, so if not, at least it should be handy getting one.
    Thanks, would you mind posting how you get on with it? Id imagine a lot of parents are wondering the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone who has got from smyths with fastway.. how long has it taken? Was collected yesterday and in their depot scanned at 2am this morning.

Picked up yesterday and delivered this morning, I would worry about having the console on launch day if it comes by Fastway as my other items from Smyths came on Tuesday morning from UPS and DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Xenji wrote: »
    Picked up yesterday and delivered this morning, I would worry about having the console on launch day if it comes by Fastway as my other items from Smyths came on Tuesday morning from UPS and DPD.

went c&c for the console myself.

Fastway will always deliver, just the 'fast' bit isnt ever accurate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Wing126 wrote: »
    Lads, has anybody been able to get an answer from Gamestop?

Haven't heard a tap, have open tickets on their Zendesk and no response too

Edit:

JUST GOT GAMESTOP EMAIL TO COMPLETE PURCHASE AND ARRANGE DELIVERY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got my email to convert my instore ps5 pre order to an online order in the last 10 minutes so they're sending more emails out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

Bugg wrote: »
    Has anyone changed their delivery address on Amazon? I want to change it from Parcel Motel to my work address, the option is there to do so but I'm hesitant to click on it in the small chance it screws my order
    You won't be able to, I tried to change my Amazon console preorder from Parcel Motel to my house. It won't switch to an ROI address. (I was able to switch some of the accessories)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah got the gamestop email to pay balance in the last 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Just got the email aswell to pay the balance for delivery from gamestop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Only thing that is good in regards to ps5 if getting it from gamestop that the console is out on a Thursday so if they send them latest on Tuesday should hopefully get it launch day or day after. Problem with xbox release date was a Tuesday so they probably only posted them out on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Anyone having an issue where when they go to the cart, their voucher value isnt taken off the price of the console?

EDIT: I was just being stupid. Missed that the gift code and pre order coupon were separate things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Got the email and paid for it without any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

Received the GameStop email and added and paid with no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

wes wrote: »
    Got my PS5 headset delivered this morning from DPD. Controller yesterday from UPS. I ordered in Smyths.

So ready to go for PS5 next week.

Just wondering why ppl need a second controller? In case of the first one fully discharged?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

Just got mail from Gamestop. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Just wondering why ppl need a second controller? In case of the first one fully discharged?

That's one reason. Other reason is local multiplayer games.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Most of the time I have one controller charging, playing with the other. Swap out as needs be. But then also if I have someone over, quick game of Fifa or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I like to have a second to alternate between them and minimise wear and tear, waiting for a full black one this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Penn wrote: »
    Most of the time I have one controller charging, playing with the other. Swap out as needs be. But then also if I have someone over, quick game of Fifa or something.

Controller seems to be in stock, wondering if I should get myself a spare too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

kirkfx wrote: »
    You won't be able to, I tried to change my Amazon console preorder from Parcel Motel to my house. It won't switch to an ROI address. (I was able to switch some of the accessories)

Yeah I tried and it wouldn't let me. I'm just going to have Parcel Motel deliver it directly to me instead of a locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

For anyone hoping to snag a PS5 on launch day, what's the strategy?

When do you think they might become available to buy online, midnight of the 18th?

What websites will be your focus? Smyths, Harvey Norman, Currys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Plenty of controllers in Smyths

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-5/playstation-5-accessories/playstation-5-dualsense%e2%84%a2-wireless-controller/p/191489

Currys UK seems to have some games for

£49.99
    AC Valhalla
    Watchdogs
    Miles Morales

£59.99
    Sackboy

£64.99
    Black Ops Cold War

£69.99
    Demon Souls
    Spider Man Ultimate Edition

For anyone with a One4All voucher

Free delivery code FNDDGAME (This seems to give £5 off too)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

J Mysterio wrote: »
    For anyone hoping to snag a PS5 on launch day, what's the strategy?

When do you think they might become available to buy online, midnight of the 18th?

What websites will be your focus? Smyths, Harvey Norman, Currys?

Gonna be refreshing a few different sites like Game and Smyths.

I’m happy enough waiting until after December for myself. But been trying to snag one for the little bro since it’s probably his last year for Santa.

Just don’t be shocked if there sold out in minutes

Edit: I’d suggest making accounts and setting up card and address info on sites now so you don’t get slowed down trying to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfcd24

Anyone hear any word from Gamestop about the in store collections considering it's a week away now. I got the text end of October saying I'm in the launch day allocation. Then start of this month I got a text saying my store will contact me with the rest of the fulfilment but I've heard nothing since. I pre-ordered in store and also my store is currently open for click and collect, tried ringing them past week but no answer, just so confused??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Gonna be refreshing a few different sites like Game and Smyths.

I’m happy enough waiting until after December for myself. But been trying to snag one for the little bro since it’s probably his last year for Santa.

Just don’t be shocked if there sold out in minutes

Edit: I’d suggest making accounts and setting up card and address info on sites now so you don’t get slowed down trying to buy one.

Smyths have already said they won’t have any more stock until December anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Demon souls arrived from Smyths delivered by UPS,

Now to just pick up that console in a weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Can’t find stock in Dublin of the charging station. If anyone has a code, greatly appreciate it!
    if your still looking for one curry pc world has them for 39.99 only home delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

rob808 wrote: »
    if your still looking for one curry pc world has them for 39.99 only home delivery.

10e over RRP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

dan786 wrote: »
    10e over RRP
    I know probably because there hard to find.

Advertisement