Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Picked up a controller and NBA 2K21 via click and collect in Smyths just now.

Very quick and easy.

Queue outside the door of about 5 people when I arrived but they had 3 staff members going along the queue scanning the barcode you receive via email when the order is ready.

Said staff member goes and gets your order and brings it out to you.

I was back sitting in my car in less than 3 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

A lot of people going for physical games it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

dan786 wrote: »
    10e over RRP

Cheeky. They don't have to price match now either as it's sold out everywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

People should consider getting one of those An post delivery boxes, doesn't help with something as big as the PS5 or with couriers but for all the small/medium stuff coming through the post it's great.

Main reason I'm disappointed when a delivery is coming by courier as I either have to be there or it's getting left around the back somewhere or next door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Any idea when GameStop gonna ship the consoles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Septic tank

Demons souls from Smyths, delivered by An post about an hour ago.

Cold War apparently out for delivery with UPS to be delivered tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Vahalla with fastway arrived

2 days from ship incase anyway ends up with them next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Any idea when GameStop gonna ship the consoles

Normally they'd ship pre-order launch consoles two days before launch day and you'd have it the day before launch day.
    But unless they are going to change the delivery method "An Post", it's looking like the consoles might not arrive on launch day.
    An post are way behind on the post, by at least a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Varik wrote: »
    People should consider getting one of those An post delivery boxes, doesn't help with something as big as the PS5 or with couriers but for all the small/medium stuff coming through the post it's great.

Main reason I'm disappointed when a delivery is coming by courier as I either have to be there or it's getting left around the back somewhere or next door.

Last time I had something that wouldn't fit in the postbox the nice postman left it in the meter box and a little note in the postbox. Nice touch I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Kanney wrote: »
    A lot of people going for physical games it seems.
    I got Demon's Souls on physical copy purely as a novelty and for the buzz on launch day. I'll probably revert back to buying digital afterwards. Would have got the digital PS5 if it was available but I was only able to get the disc version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Remote and Miles Morales arrived from Smyths via DPD, remote came in a big box, maybe 4 inches square, no chance it'll go through a postbox, game was in a padded envelope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yesterdays Smyths order(via An Post) have hit Portlaoise at 11am today so they're on the way.(Controller and Charging Station)
    Ordered Valhalla then last night, that is coming via An Post without tracking. Likely will also arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Seen it all now. Fella raffling off ps5 65 euro a ticket based off bonus ball in Irish lotto. 65x47 is €3055. Post is up bout a hour on Facebook and 15 tickets sold. Unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

dave1982 wrote: »
    Seen it all now. Fella raffling off ps5 65 euro a ticket based off bonus ball in Irish lotto. 65x47 is €3055. Post is up bout a hour on Facebook and 15 tickets sold. Unbelievable

Seen one last week €40 per number based on bonus ball 40x47 = €1880 and sold them all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

this is the 3rd or 4th time in the last month I have heard about people raffling off things on Facebook, is this a thing now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Markitron wrote: »
    this is the 3rd or 4th time in the last month I have heard about people raffling off things on Facebook, is this a thing now?

Has been a thing for a while yeah!

I've seen it mostly in poster/collectible groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I ordered a pulse headset on Amazon. Yesterday it said 'Arriving tomorrow' but hadn't shipped. I received an email from them at 8am about it. Hopefully there isn't a similar delay next week for people who ordered a PS5 from them.
    Hello,

We're sorry about the delay in getting your order to you, but I'm pleased to tell you that we're preparing it for dispatch now.

Within the next business day you should receive an e-mail from us confirming that the following items have been dispatched:

"PlayStation 5 PULSE 3D Wireless Headset"

This confirmation e-mail will include tracking information if it's available and a new estimated delivery date.
    dave1982 wrote: »

That's genius to be fair! A bit better than one person robbing someone of a grand for the console. Ticket price is a bit high but if people are willing to pay it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Wing126 wrote: »
    Has been a thing for a while yeah!

I've seen it mostly in poster/collectible groups.
    Oat23 wrote: »
    That's genius to be fair! A bit better than one person robbing someone of a grand for the console. Ticket price is a bit high but if people are willing to pay it...

I just find it weird for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

€65 quid, at least Gamestop give you back your €50. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Even at 20e you would make 940 and numbers will sell out in minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Dubdude wrote: »
    Seen one last week €40 per number based on bonus ball 40x47 = €1880 and sold them all

Saw the same thing on Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Any links to the raffles? wouldn't mind entering a low priced ticket one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'd throw 20 into a raffle max. 65 is crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Any links to the raffles? wouldn't mind entering a low priced ticket one

I am tempted to raffle mine haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    PS4 controllers will work on PS5 but only for playing PS4 games. If you want to play PSVR games you will need the Dualshock 4 because of the light bar.

You can use PS5 controllers on PS4 from what I've read.

You can use PS5 controllers to play ps4 games on the ps5.

To add to this, while you can't use the new PS5 controller with a PS4, you CAN use the PS5 controllers on PS3 via USB, funnily enough, same as the way you could PS4 controllers on PS3.

The PS5 controller is even compatible with the Switch if you have an 8bitdo adapter or the like.

Odd that they wouldn't allow it to play PS4 games on an actual PS4, though. Like, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Thanks. Just ordered!

And arrived this morning!

I pre ordered in Gamestop Wilton in Cork the day before pre orders launched online. I have heard nothing at all, no email. I persume I am not in the launch day allocation. I paid in cash, does anyone know how I go about getting the 50e back? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Got a call from Gamestop Limerick today to get a booking for launch day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just an update from the guys I know who have pre ordered the PS5 from GameStop.

One friend pre ordered in William Street, Limerick just before prices were announced and he is in the launch allocation. He got a text almost 2 weeks ago saying to expect a call to arrange collection but hasn't heard a peep since.

Another friend who ordered in the same store as me in Swords, Dublin (some of ye may remember the story about this) just got the email today to pay off the balance and arrange delivery. Funnily enough he had the choice to get the Digital or Disc version.

So even if I was put down for the Disc version over the digital, it makes even less sense now that I wasn't allocated a PS5 at launch seeing as I pre ordered 3 days earlier and my friend still had a choice of either console.

I've already lodged a formal complaint which will be passed on to the store when they reopen in a few weeks......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Colemania wrote: »
    Just an update from the guys I know who have pre ordered the PS5 from GameStop.

One friend pre ordered in William Street, Limerick just before prices were announced and he is in the launch allocation. He got a text almost 2 weeks ago saying to expect a call to arrange collection but hasn't heard a peep since.

Another friend who ordered in the same store as me in Swords, Dublin (some of ye may remember the story about this) just got the email today to pay off the balance and arrange delivery. Funnily enough he had the choice to get the Digital or Disc version.

So even if I was put down for the Disc version over the digital, it makes even less sense now that I wasn't allocated a PS5 at launch seeing as I pre ordered 3 days earlier and my friend still had a choice of either console.

I've already lodged a formal complaint which will be passed on to the store when they reopen in a few weeks......
    He didnt really have a choice. The site asks the question of what you want but the code you get is only good for the one you preordered

The mail reads NOTE: We have reserved the console you have pre-ordered in store. Unfortunately due to limited numbers, there is no ability to switch to another console.

Advertisement