Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Collected MM in smyths, asked about consoles

Due to arrive in early next week, all are guaranteed but absolutely zero stock not preordered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Folks, for those expecting delivery to Parcel Motel; do you have to arrange something in advance, or will PM contact you with options when they find out the item is oversized?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Folks, for those expecting delivery to Parcel Motel; do you have to arrange something in advance, or will PM contact you with options when they find out the item is oversized?

Nothing to do except one. You should increase your liability online in case something goes wrong like a few years ago when some lockers were ransacked.

Also assume PM will screw people if they get the chance. They'll never be as busy as Christmas and have increased their prices until January to take advantage of online shopping and Christmas. By that logic I'd expect them to screw people if it's 1mm outside the tolerance.

If they won't put it in the locker they will contact you and you will arrange your options to collect or deliver.

Beware those not in Dublin. Previously with oversize they don't even leave Finglas to your local Nightline depot. So if it doesn't fit then you lose 1 working day as you rearrange.

I only use PW now, moreso that they put the price up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Berty wrote: »
    Nothing to do except one. You should increase your liability online in case something goes wrong like a few years ago when some lockers were ransacked.

Also assume PM will screw people if they get the chance. They'll never be as busy as Christmas and have increased their prices until January to take advantage of online shopping and Christmas. By that logic I'd expect them to screw people if it's 1mm outside the tolerance.

If they won't put it in the locker they will contact you and you will arrange your options to collect or deliver.

Beware those not in Dublin. Previously with oversize they don't even leave Finglas to your local Nightline depot. So if it doesn't fit then you lose 1 working day as you rearrange.

I only use PW now, moreso that they put the price up.

Cheers, I've signed up for the extended liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

Got my email and coupon from Gamestop for the console. Ordered in person, back in June, from a store that is now closed. Very smooth and simple process. Can finally get excited now. ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Spooch wrote: »
    Got my email and coupon from Gamestop for the console. Ordered in person, back in June, from a store that is now closed. Very smooth and simple process. Can finally get excited now. ðŸ˜

Yeah got mine 7 hrs ago and only released now, had a bit of a melt down when it kept saying incorrect code, but was putting in my voucher number instead of the unique code :) all sorted now and ready to rock for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Colemania wrote: »
    Just an update from the guys I know who have pre ordered the PS5 from GameStop.

One friend pre ordered in William Street, Limerick just before prices were announced and he is in the launch allocation. He got a text almost 2 weeks ago saying to expect a call to arrange collection but hasn't heard a peep since.

Another friend who ordered in the same store as me in Swords, Dublin (some of ye may remember the story about this) just got the email today to pay off the balance and arrange delivery. Funnily enough he had the choice to get the Digital or Disc version.

So even if I was put down for the Disc version over the digital, it makes even less sense now that I wasn't allocated a PS5 at launch seeing as I pre ordered 3 days earlier and my friend still had a choice of either console.

I've already lodged a formal complaint which will be passed on to the store when they reopen in a few weeks......

Thats complete bollox, I got the series X email and I could only purchase that.

All they are doing is giving you a Gift card with the amount you paid off in store then they have your address and can ship to you.
    The consoles cant be purchased without a code, and you will get exact details of what you ordered so you cant swap, it wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Cheers, I've signed up for the extended liability.

Anyone else with Amazon order - highly recommend doing this and make sure you do it before its delivered to them as it wont be valid if you but it even a minute after its delivered.

Thefts are common at their Antrim depot and stuff disappears once delivered and never even gets to Dublin. Happened to me on 1500 euro phone just few weeks back.

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone else with Amazon order - highly recommend doing this and make sure you do it before its delivered to them as it wont be valid if you but it even a minute after its delivered.

Thefts are common at their Antrim depot and stuff disappears once delivered and never even gets to Dublin. Happened to me on 1500 euro phone just few weeks back.

Sure you can just claim off amazon for a refund, done it plenty of times for lost or broken stuff

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Thats complete bollox, I got the series X email and I could only purchase that.

All they are doing is giving you a Gift card with the amount you paid off in store then they have your address and can ship to you.
    The consoles cant be purchased without a code, and you will get exact details of what you ordered so you cant swap, it wont work.

Exactly, both options are there i clicked digital to see and it wouldn't let me proceed as I had disc version instore

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Sure you can just claim off amazon for a refund, done it plenty of times for lost or broken stuff

Why would they pay if it is delivered and signed for?

Why would they pay if it is delivered and signed for?

Its has to get to you, trust me I've done it loads of times there isn't an issue, because you haven't signed for it, someone else has.

Its has to get to you, trust me I've done it loads of times there isn't an issue, because you haven't signed for it, someone else has.

I might give it a go as still waiting on a refund from Parcel Motel, I dont think they will refund a 1500 item though

Amazon should not accept liability, they are responsible to get it to the address you nominate so their contract is with the courier to get it there. After it's signed for then it's up to you to take this up with PM/PW/AP

Even though Amazon CS are great it isn't fair to try to get them to take responsibility after it has been delivered to where you said to be delivered to. If you nominated your friends address in Belfast, it was delivered, he promised to bring it down to you, got mugged at a petrol station on the way would still you blame Amazon and get them to pay?

Amazon should not accept liability, they are responsible to get it to the address you nominate so their contract is with the courier to get it there. After it's signed for then it's up to you to take this up with PM/PW/AP

Even though Amazon CS are great it isn't fair to try to get them to take responsibility after it has been delivered to where you said to be delivered to. If you nominated your friends address in Belfast, it was delivered, he promised to bring it down to you, got mugged at a petrol station on the way would still you blame Amazon and get them to pay?

Yeah I thought the same myself. It is addressed to Parcel Motel so obviously someone there has to sign it and they know its a forwarding company so you cant argue over the point that someone else signed it.

Liability of up to 500 is only a few euros and would highly recommend.

I buy a lot of stuff for clubs I work with and generally Parcel Motel have been brilliant over the years, few thousand parcels , only two went missing. Unfortunate both happened to be high value ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I'm getting mine delivered through DPD Parcel Wizard. Anyone know anything about the liability they'll accept? Can't find much on their website.

I'm getting mine delivered through DPD Parcel Wizard. Anyone know anything about the liability they'll accept? Can't find much on their website.

100 Euros no option to increase

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Behanjin

Yeah got mine 7 hrs ago and only released now, had a bit of a melt down when it kept saying incorrect code, but was putting in my voucher number instead of the unique code :) all sorted now and ready to rock for next week

Same here. I put the code in and it worked but when I tried to complete the order it said I needed a coupon. Tried to start again and the code was now invalid.

Waited a few minutes and tried again and it worked.

Note for folks who are doing the GameStop conversion to online order: MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOGGED INTO GAMESTOP.IE BEFORE YOU START THE STEPS IN THE EMAIL. It seems as though this invalidates the coupon code being applied if you login after entering it, so save yourself the hassle and potential heart attack!

Roll on the 19th. Let's hope GameStop don't pull a GameStop and mess up deliveries now!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Isolated Warrior

Got the GameStop email this morning. Can relax now

Second wave of stock is in December for anyone that missed out. Have been told by 3 retailers now so you can still get one this side of Christmas.

• Advertisement

Second wave of stock is in December for anyone that missed out. Have been told by 3 retailers now so you can still get one this side of Christmas.

I hope so because I bet every shop is being asked by people who haven't a clue they're hard to get every other day "I'll take a PS5 please" and staff having to explain to some polite customers that there are none and some entitled Karens/Kevins that there is none.

I hope so because I bet every shop is being asked by people who haven't a clue they're hard to get every other day "I'll take a PS5 please" and staff having to explain to some polite customers that there are none and some entitled Karens/Kevins that there is none.

Box UK emailed people that they will get 2nd wave around 9th December. Smyths also have more stock in December.

Its too big of a profit to be missing out on for Sony so they will get more out there for sure. Their other divisions are running at a loss and gaming is the only one bringing money in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Guy in Smyths said just that. People collecting games and then saying “when can I get a console for it” who don’t have a preorder

They must be going demented

I might give it a go as still waiting on a refund from Parcel Motel, I dont think they will refund a 1500 item though

They will mate, they will offer you 50% or whatever first but keep refusing and you will get it all. Was item "sold and fulfilled by amazon " ?

They will mate, they will offer you 50% or whatever first but keep refusing and you will get it all

Cool will give it a shot. Parcel Motel still investigating been two weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Only getting around to putting in my details on gamestop with my pin code etc get down to putting in my credit card details etc after getting the amount I paid off deducted but then next review your order is greyed out anyone have a problem doing it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

How fast can Sony build a ps5 though. Realisticly they probably need a million consoles to supply worldwide at least

dave1982 wrote: »
    How fast can Sony build a ps5 though. Realisticly they probably need a million consoles to supply worldwide at least

I say they have already made more than a million. Multiple factories running in China 24/7 so there will be atleast one more wave before Christmas.

Calm down Mr Bezos,rather Amazon and their billions pay for it then the normal joe soap:) after all they're not the most ethical company around either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have done that on other occasions without issues. PM is a big risk factor, as even though they seem to deliver most parcels without issues, when something does go wrong, their CS is practically non-existant and it takes weeks to months to rectify.

Just to pipe in here, I will never be using Parcel Motel again. I ordered 3 items to be delivered to PM and then delivered to me (at €8 each). I had to cancel one as it just wasn't shipping. Received the 2 other ones separately, and one of them, a motherboard, had a hole in the box. When I finally had all 3 parts I went to upgrade the PC and the MB is dead. Not a thing happening.

So I went to arrange a return to the seller, only to see that PM take a picture of your item before they ship it to you. No hole in the picture. PM are refusing to take the blame saying it wasn't properly packaged (in fairness, it didn't have an Amazon box, just sent directly, but it got from the UK to Antrim, via airmail I'd imagine, with no damage, and the damage was subsequently caused by the PM delivery).

Be very wary of Parcel Motel, and I'll be on a personal campaign to ensure people don't use them ever. Shocking carry on for a company literally raking in the money because of lockdown and only a £87 item.
    lfcd24 wrote: »
    Anyone hear any word from Gamestop about the in store collections considering it's a week away now. I got the text end of October saying I'm in the launch day allocation. Then start of this month I got a text saying my store will contact me with the rest of the fulfilment but I've heard nothing since. I pre-ordered in store and also my store is currently open for click and collect, tried ringing them past week but no answer, just so confused??

I got a call from the local store (William St, Limerick) a couple of weeks or so ago, no appointments for the 19th so I'm down to collect on the 20th at 9.20am.
    campo wrote: »
    Got a call from Gamestop Limerick today to get a booking for launch day :)

Did they offer you a time on launch day? I got the call a couple of weeks ago and was told launch day was fully booked...

Advertisement