Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Behanjin wrote: »
    Same here. I put the code in and it worked but when I tried to complete the order it said I needed a coupon. Tried to start again and the code was now invalid.

Waited a few minutes and tried again and it worked.

Note for folks who are doing the GameStop conversion to online order: MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOGGED INTO GAMESTOP.IE BEFORE YOU START THE STEPS IN THE EMAIL. It seems as though this invalidates the coupon code being applied if you login after entering it, so save yourself the hassle and potential heart attack!

Roll on the 19th. Let's hope GameStop don't pull a GameStop and mess up deliveries now!

I just checked out as guest and went grand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just for an update, I didn't get a response on the voucher issues I had (voucher worth 550 for the console costing 500) so I decided to add a game to the checkout to use up the voucher.

Noted that the three accessories I ordered a few days ago were all confirmed and tracking numbers sent that indicate using of an post. BUT the order I did for the console itself and the game went through and I just got confirmation of the game shipping and it's coming with UPS. Looks like Gamestop are also using multiple couriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Calm down Mr Bezos,rather Amazon and their billions pay for it then the normal joe soap:) after all they're not the most ethical company around either

No, the courier who shipped it to Parcel Motel will be stung for it, Amazon just deduct it from the bill and then the courier has to fight Amazon later for it. It's not victimless, you don't think Amazon take the hit on something that has left their building.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Berty wrote: »
    No, the courier who shipped it to Parcel Motel will be stung for it, Amazon just deduct it from the bill and then the courier has to fight Amazon later for it. It's not victimless, you don't think Amazon take the hit on something that has left their building.

Well we can all agree it shouldn't be the intended recipient:)

dave1982 wrote: »
    How fast can Sony build a ps5 though. Realisticly they probably need a million consoles to supply worldwide at least
    PS4 sold 1m in 24 hours and a further 3 million by end of 2013.

The demand for PS5 will be higher so Sony will certainly attempt to ship several million by end of year.

However I suspect they are slower & more difficult to manufacture. I won't go so far as to say they are having "problems". But it's a more exotic machine, it's clocked extremely high, they are using a difficult TIM. The sheer number of miscellaneous pieces in the machine seems very high. There is a higher part count in the controller. The box is larger which means you fit fewer per pallet. Etc.

I would be impressed and surprised if they were able to ship the same 4m units as PS4 in Nov/Dec. Just my gut feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Behanjin

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Only getting around to putting in my details on gamestop with my pin code etc get down to putting in my credit card details etc after getting the amount I paid off deducted but then next review your order is greyed out anyone have a problem doing it at all?

Theres a checkbox to agree to terms, did you check that? Button won't turn red unless that's checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

This gamestop code is doing my bloody head in. I eventually put it in and It let me put it fully through and I put in my credit card and stuff, worked there as I got to confirm activation code from bank which I did and hit confirm. Went black the screen afterwards so I don't know if its gone through or not fully as nothing in order details in regards to it and no email confirmation so I presume not. Did anyone that used the code show in your order history straight away or you get an email confirmation straight away confirming same? I don't know if I do it again will it deduct the amount again if it did go through? Thanks

Theres a checkbox to agree to terms, did you check that? Button won't turn red unless that's checked.

Yeah got that to work in the end but I just posted there what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

This gamestop code is doing my bloody head in. I eventually put it in and It let me put it fully through and I put in my credit card and stuff, worked there as I got to confirm activation code from bank which I did and hit confirm. Went black the screen afterwards so I don't know if its gone through or not fully as nothing in order details in regards to it and no email confirmation so I presume not. Did anyone that used the code show in your order history straight away or you get an email confirmation straight away confirming same? I don't know if I do it again will it deduct the amount again if it did go through? Thanks

When i did it, i got an email fairly sharpish afterwards.

Are you doing it on the computer? Could use dev tools (F12) and check the network details to see if it's going through?

Yeah got that to work in the end but I just posted there what happened.

Just saw your follow up. It should immediately be in your order details and you should also get an email.

Put it through again from the first step.

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    When i did it, i got an email fairly sharpish afterwards.

Are you doing it on the computer? Could use dev tools (F12) and check the network details to see if it's going through?

Yeah on a laptop here. I will leave it 10 more mins and try again. I presume if the order didn't go through it will let it fully go through when I try again and if it did go through it will say order already completed?

Just saw your follow up. It should immediately be in your order details and you should also get an email.

Put it through again from the first step.

Thanks will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AnniePowwa

Anybody with a code for the pulse headset?

Thanks for help in regards to gamestop voucher sorted there and went through that last hr trying to do it aged me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

AnniePowwa wrote: »
    Anybody with a code for the pulse headset?

I second this

Did the wannabe trolls posts get deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Did the wannabe trolls posts get deleted?

What am I meant to do with all these malteasers???

What am I meant to do with all these malteasers???

Sharing is caring?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

Berty wrote: »
    some entitled Karens/Kevins that there is none.

This isn't the USA. We don't need to import their fashionable meme of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I had mine down for parcel wizard as Game were due to ship with DPD. Felt once in their system it should get here. But now they updated to say they are shipping royal mail.

€100 liability is a big turn off. No guarantee it will make it. Swapped to Parcel Motel with delivery to my house. The extra liability gives some peace of mind.

But now I see they are breaking deliveries and not paying for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mikemol82

I pre ordered in Gamestop Wilton in Cork the day before pre orders launched online. I have heard nothing at all, no email. I persume I am not in the launch day allocation. I paid in cash, does anyone know how I go about getting the 50e back? Thanks.

Hey man i manage the wilton branch, we probably have the wrong info i still have a few lads im struggling to get in contact with alright.
    Give me a shout on the shop number in the morning and i can help you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Mikemol82 wrote: »
    Hey man i manage the wilton branch, we probably have the wrong info i still have a few lads im struggling to get in contact with alright.
    Give me a shout on the shop number in the morning and i can help you!

Jesus, you're better than all the GS social media staff and customer service put together

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

I'm getting mine delivered through DPD Parcel Wizard. Anyone know anything about the liability they'll accept? Can't find much on their website.
    Their insurance does not cover electronics so if anything happens to it your on your own (at least this was the case a few years ago for me their insurance could have changed since then)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Gonna be refreshing a few different sites like Game and Smyths.

I’m happy enough waiting until after December for myself. But been trying to snag one for the little bro since it’s probably his last year for Santa.

Just don’t be shocked if there sold out in minutes

Edit: I’d suggest making accounts and setting up card and address info on sites now so you don’t get slowed down trying to buy one.

First time to use Smyths site and it won't allow me to enter a card ahead of a purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

madmoe wrote: »
    First time to use Smyths site and it won't allow me to enter a card ahead of a purchase?

No it won’t, you need to pre-order something and then cancel it to get it to save your card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Markitron wrote: »
    No it won’t, you need to pre-order something and then cancel it to get it to save your card

Maybe a second PS5 controller even though I have no PS5 pre ordered even ;-)

Hey man, Im the manager at gamestop wilton and im struggling to contact a couple of customers (we probably fat fingered your phone number) that is probably yourself.
    Im trying to contact everyone so please call the store 9-6 tomorrow or im there saturday or monday after that we have probably left it too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Mikemol82 wrote: »
    Hey man, Im the manager at gamestop wilton and im struggling to contact a couple of customers (we probably fat fingered your phone number) that is probably yourself.
    Im trying to contact everyone so please call the store 9-6 tomorrow or im there saturday or monday after that we have probably left it too late!

Any advice for people who haven't heard from Gamestop regarding their pre-order?

• Advertisement

When did u order it?

Advertisement