Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Mikemol82 wrote: »
    When did u order it?

Not me, a mate. They ordered in June, the same day as another friend of mine. Only one of them has heard from Gamestop and has been told he's getting the console on launch. The other hasn't received any emails at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Just wondering if anyone here pre-order in Currys and has heard from them?

I pre-ordered in their Jervis store but have heard nothing from them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

Do Smyths take payments for in store collection from your card prior to collection or do you pay by card when you go to pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Do Smyths take payments for in store collection from your card prior to collection or do you pay by card when you go to pick it up?

They will take the money from your account at roughly 9pm the night before and send on the order confirmation. You use this email and your ID to collect the console, they email you the receipt right after you collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Smyths delivery of headset just arrived via An Post (Dublin based). Hype just gone up another level...

Gamestop delivery of MM and Demon Souls arrived this morning via An Post. Just need the console now! Next Thursday can't come quick enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Gamestop delivery of MM and Demon Souls arrived this morning via An Post. Just need the console now! Next Thursday can't come quick enough

Mine arrived today too. Crazy it was only scanned last night at roughly 9pm and was at my door at 7:40am, guess An Post really are just struggling to sort packages quick enough

Kremin wrote: »
    Mine arrived today too. Crazy it was only scanned last night at roughly 9pm and was at my door at 7:40am, guess An Post really are just struggling to sort packages quick enough

I ordered Demon's Souls in September and ordered Assassins Creed last week. Was charged for both on Tuesday, AC showed up on Wednesday but Demon's Souls is nowhere to be seen. Weird.

Edit: No sooner did I post this and Demon's Souls arrived. I'm very glad I they decided to send these out a week early, if I had recieved my PS5 on the Thursday and had to wait a day for Demon's Souls I'd have gone nuclear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Kremin wrote: »

Yeah, mine showed as first scanned 10pm last night. Delighted to have got games and headset in good time before the console, saves worrying about them. Could be a long week ahead tho, like a big kid waiting for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Not true for us all, mine scanned 11am yesterday, didn't make it to the sorting depot in Limerick from Portlaoise at all. Fine, it will turn up Monday still in time for Thursday obviously. Rarely happens with An Post, if ever at all. I do now believe so they might be busy.

That was tracked, non tracked game from Smyths might arrive today, shipped same day(separate order). Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

You have all fallen victim to the hype machine friends
    There will be a ps5 for anyone that wants one before Christmas. Not meeting demand in the biggest shopping spree of the year and risking losing sales to a competitor is a terrible business plan. Sony has been preparing this for years. It's all hype.

• Advertisement

dor843088 wrote: »
    There will be a ps5 for anyone that wants one before Christmas. Not meeting demand in the biggest shopping spree of the year and risking losing sales to a competitor is a terrible business plan. Sony has been preparing this for years. It's all hype.

You have said this numerous times in various threads and it still makes no sense whatsoever. Its like you have never been around for a console launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sor10

Just wondering if anyone here pre-order in Currys and has heard from them?

I pre-ordered in their Jervis store but have heard nothing from them yet

I rang currys earlier and they said that because I haven't paid up fully before lock down that I now have to wait until after lock down to go into store to pay. They wouldn't accept payment online or over the phone. I think the support is based in the UK so not sure if that info is fully relevant for the Irish stores, but I haven't heard anything from currys and they won't pick up their store phone number. Might try and call into them later to see what's going on, but not looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Markitron wrote: »
    You have said this numerous times in various threads and it still makes no sense whatsoever. Its like you have never been around for a console launch.

Reckon someone didn't get one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ok dude.

I also hear that 5G caused 9/11, Covid was an inside job and JFK faked the Moon Landings!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ok dude.

I also hear that 5G caused 9/11, Covid was an inside job and JFK faked the Moon Landings!

Moon landings were 100% real mate, but Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins were Lizard-people from the 7th dimension

#Maga

There will be some resupplies before xmas and Sony will certainly try to make as many units as possible.

However there is a limit to what they can make - there are only so many factories and production lines, many components themselves are in limited supply and cannot just be magicked out of thin air.

There is not going to be a period between now and xmas when they are plentiful and easy to find. They will be scarce. Some people who don't have a pre-order will get one, but many won't.

I havnt said it in any threads ???

I havnt said it in any threads ???

Ok then.

It is still total nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

What hype machine? You're talking as if people have been 'fooled' into buying it or being tricked into believing that stocks are low. They ARE low. Microsoft themselves admitted this of the Xbox Series, same for the PS5. Good luck to anyone chasing one, but i promise, these wont be plentiful before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Foolishcharlie

An Post still haven't delivered MM I bought from Smyths and it was dispatched on Monday. I know An Post is behind with their deliveries and I'm not really in any rush as long as I get it before my PS5. I do hope the PS5 doesn't ship with An Post..

• Advertisement

During the ps4 launch sony were producing multiple consoles PER MINUTE from the factory. Powerhouses like sony dont make their products hard to get for months on end . That only happens with unexpected and unforeseen demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

During the ps4 launch sony were producing multiple consoles PER MINUTE from the factory. Powerhouses like sony dont make their products hard to get for months on end . That only happens with unexpected and unforeseen demand.

The only difference there is that you can make the same console but the production line where you add the power supply/plug will be different.

One will have more/less output than the other.

If people can keep an eye out in the future on threads like this and Twitter they will find postings for fresh stock. If you are quick enough and mash F5 when something comes up you will likely get one quicker than somebody just hoping their bricks and mortar shop will help them personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Or some huge global event like a pandemic...

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Not sure if you've noticed but there's been a worldwide pandemic. Check google for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Not sure if you've noticed but there's been a worldwide pandemic. Check google for more info

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Connavar wrote: »

Apparently the pandemic had very little effect on production of the console, which is likely true considering the fact that they have made far more PS5s than they did PS4s.

The reason the PS5 is difficult to get is the exact same reason that the PS2, Wii and PS4 were hard to get: Supply and demand. Not some crazy conspiracy about them artificially building hype so us sheep would lap it up.

Connavar wrote: »

Its business as usual in most of Asia. Along with shipping etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

They will take the money from your account at roughly 9pm the night before and send on the order confirmation. You use this email and your ID to collect the console, they email you the receipt right after you collect it.

Ah okay, great info thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

My Smyths store for collection is outside of the 5KM... any idea what will happen here? .. will the Gardas accept that you are shopping for essentials? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

NeVeR wrote:
    My Smyths store for collection is outside of the 5KM... any idea what will happen here? .. will the Gardas accept that you are shopping for essentials?

Tell em your off to the dentist

Advertisement