Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Tell em your off to the dentist

Too risky what if they see you on the way back they will ask him to open his mouth to check if he was lying or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Too risky what if they see you on the way back they will ask him to open his mouth to check if he was lying or not

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Behanjin

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Not sure if you've noticed but there's been a worldwide pandemic. Check google for more info

Maybe they think the pandemic is a conspiracy like this magic PS5 shortage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I’ve a Preorder in GameStop in Wexford. Got the email and text last week to say I am in the launch. Rang them this morning to see if there is any update . What a horrible shower of people to deal with. Told me I shouldn’t be ringing as they need to keep this line free to ring out. Said they couldn’t tell me when they will ring me and that they haven’t got to August yet , which is when I preordered . I mean they are horrible and rude to deal with.

Thank god I’ve one in Smyths too ordered, as this one was for my brother . Good luck to anyone dealing with them in Wexford . They were quick enough to take my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 McPacher

Does anyone know if they ship consoles earlier so they arrive on Thursday or will they ship on thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

biggebruv wrote: »

Can I get someone else to collect it? Someone closer/within 5KM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

McPacher wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they ship consoles earlier so they arrive on Thursday or will they ship on thursday?
    well smyths will give them to the couriers a day earlier so we get them Thursday well I hope if not friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

NeVeR wrote: »
    Can I get someone else to collect it? Someone closer/within 5KM

With Smyths, yes. But they must have YOUR photo ID with them and the email telling you it's ready for pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any recommendations on where to get a dualsense charging dock? Seems out of stock everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Any recommendations on where to get a dualsense charging dock? Seems out of stock everywhere.

currys had them for 40?

• Advertisement

currys had them for 40?

And 6 quid delivery too cause it's not available for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Wing126 wrote: »
    With Smyths, yes. But they must have YOUR photo ID with them and the email telling you it's ready for pick up.

Umm.. if I was able to give them my ID I would be able to collect it myself... They live more than 5KM from me

Umm.. if I was able to give them my ID I would be able to collect it myself... They live more than 5KM from me

I know, but that's the requirement if you want someone else to collect it for you.

The email they sent out last week specified this.

Dear Customer,

With release day right around the corner, here's a quick update on your PlayStation 5 Pre-Order.

You will receive a ready for collection email and SMS when your order is ready for collection. Our stores will be open for collection from 8am on launch day - Thursday 19th November.

Please ensure you bring your ready for collection email and photo identification. If you are unable to collect your Pre-Order, you can have someone else collect on your behalf once they have your permission. In these cases, photo identification of the person who placed the order and the ready for collection email are required.

Please note our stores are not open for browsing so if you wish to purchase any additional PlayStation 5 items, please order online in advance via Click & Collect and you can collect them on launch day.

Now it is time to get excited for your shiny new PlayStation 5 - I know we are!

Best wishes,

Smyths Toys Superstores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

BrentMused wrote: »
    Picked up a controller and NBA 2K21 via click and collect in Smyths just now.

Very quick and easy.

Queue outside the door of about 5 people when I arrived but they had 3 staff members going along the queue scanning the barcode you receive via email when the order is ready.

Said staff member goes and gets your order and brings it out to you.

I was back sitting in my car in less than 3 minutes.

Another seamless click and collect today for Call of Duty. The exact same experience as per above.

Hopefully next Thursday morning runs as smoothly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Wing126 wrote: »
    I know, but that's the requirement if you want someone else to collect it for you.

The email they sent out last week specified this.

Would a photo of the ID be enough? As in take a picture of a drivers license and send it to whoever is collecting? A question for smyths really but worth clarifying

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fumblydrummer

So I pre-ordered Demon's Souls and Cyberpunk from GameStop to arrive with my PS5, but now Cyberpunk has been delayed and there's no movement on the order in my GS account. Do they usually ship separately when things like this happen? I would have at least expected to have a shipping notification for Demon's Souls by now seeing how others have even received the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

My Smyths store for collection is outside of the 5KM... any idea what will happen here? .. will the Gardas accept that you are shopping for essentials? :D

Sure, and if they doubt the PS5 isn't essential, just say

"What, do you even game bro"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

biggebruv wrote: »

You're on the way back sure, they can't send you home :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Would a photo of the ID be enough? As in take a picture of a drivers license and send it to whoever is collecting? A question for smyths really but worth clarifying

In the email it states "photo ID", not "photo of a photo ID".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It might but I wouldn't risk it.

Just lie to the guards ffs, its not a big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Markitron wrote: »
    It might but I wouldn't risk it.

Just lie to the guards ffs, its not a big deal.

Not this again, just go pick it up. I haven’t seen one checkpoint around here since this new lockdown. Just go pick up and lie if you are stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

sor10 wrote: »
    I rang currys earlier and they said that because I haven't paid up fully before lock down that I now have to wait until after lock down to go into store to pay. They wouldn't accept payment online or over the phone. I think the support is based in the UK so not sure if that info is fully relevant for the Irish stores, but I haven't heard anything from currys and they won't pick up their store phone number. Might try and call into them later to see what's going on, but not looking good

Thanks very much for the above - looks like no one is answering the store phone, will let you know if I find anything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Not this again, just go pick it up. I haven’t seen one checkpoint around here since this new lockdown. Just go pick up and lie if you are stopped.

Yep. Unless you are transporting a car full of kids or drugs, they won't question any reasonable story you give them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

The guards have been very reasonable this lockdown compared to last any time I've been stopped, "just on way to an appt" or "just going for groceries" has never been questioned. Go pickup your console and enjoy it, you wont meet anyone in your car and will be following all social distancing guidelines at the store etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

sor10 wrote: »
    I rang currys earlier and they said that because I haven't paid up fully before lock down that I now have to wait until after lock down to go into store to pay. They wouldn't accept payment online or over the phone. I think the support is based in the UK so not sure if that info is fully relevant for the Irish stores, but I haven't heard anything from currys and they won't pick up their store phone number. Might try and call into them later to see what's going on, but not looking good

Just dropped into Currys, Jervis Street there - pre-order is still good. They will be sending emails/calling people to collect. They said there should be no issues at all with pre-orders in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Charging Station became available there on Amazon. Grabbed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

leex wrote: »
    Charging Station became available there on Amazon. Grabbed one.

Gone again. Received the alert via StockInformer so worth keeping an eye on there. Looking at log they were in-stock at 14:44 and out of stock again at 14:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Going well so far with GameStop . They dispatched miles morales Tuesday & yesterday a ps5 controller and got both today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Finally got the pre order paid off at Gamestop, was having issues with the codes. Left it overnight and sorted now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone who ordered on Amazon been charged yet?

Advertisement