Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Anyone who ordered on Amazon been charged yet?

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone who ordered on Amazon been charged yet?

Nope, I have still not received my series x and Amazon have no idea where it is. Expect delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

GameStop store called to finalise payment and collection on the Friday. Unlike others I've no issue being a day later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Anyone who preordered online from GameStop been charged yet?
    Would’ve thought it’d be today, but just checked my banking and there is nothing in pending

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Folks, don’t panic if you’re not charged for the next few days. If you’ve got a console guaranteed, you’ll more than likely be absolutely fine. And you can rest assured nobody is giving you a console without taking their money for it ;)

• Advertisement

Folks, don’t panic if you’re not charged for the next few days. If you’ve got a console guaranteed, you’ll more than likely be absolutely fine. And you can rest assured nobody is giving you a console without taking their money for it ;)

Am not panicking, just curious to see when they will start taking the money/dispatching since I don’t believe their warehouse is open weekends
    I’d much prefer one for free though lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

silvara wrote: »
    Am not panicking, just curious to see when they will start taking the money/dispatching since I don’t believe their warehouse is open weekends
    I’d much prefer one for free though lol :D

Its out Thursday so wont be dispatched till Tuesday/Wednesday. With huge backlogs with every courier, I don't think everyone will receive theirs launch day even after its shipped.

dan786 wrote: »
    Its out Thursday so wont be dispatched till Tuesday/Wednesday. With huge backlogs with every courier, I don't think everyone will receive theirs launch day even after its shipped.

Yeah, unfortunately I think you’re right. My PS5 remote and Spider-Man were both a day late, so was a colleague’s Xbox. I’ll be really happy even just to receive it on Friday at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Does anyone know anything about the PS5 in Europe next week?

In the NA region they seem to have fulfilled and obligated all the pre-orders and have many more on top to sell on launch day.

In EU they not only don't seem to have fulfilled all the pre-orders, but there will be none on launch day because they're already ear-marked for people.

Seems unfair I pre-ordered mine on the day pre-orders opened and I'm told I won't see it 'til 2021 because of the queue yet people in the US who didn't pre-order are just strolling into Target today and getting them off the shelf.

They should've fulfilled and honoured all of their pre-orders before putting any out for general consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Does anyone know anything about the PS5 in Europe next week?

In the NA region they seem to have fulfilled and obligated all the pre-orders and have many more on top to sell on launch day.

In EU they not only don't seem to have fulfilled all the pre-orders, but there will be none on launch day because they're already ear-marked for people.

Seems unfair I pre-ordered mine on the day pre-orders opened and I'm told I won't see it 'til 2021 because of the queue yet people in the US who didn't pre-order are just strolling into Target today and getting them off the shelf.

They should've fulfilled and honoured all of their pre-orders before putting any out for general consumption.

Who told you that you won't have it until 2021? I pre-ordered on the day they opened as well, and GameStop said I won't have it for launch but didn't indicate when it would be.

• Advertisement

Govannan wrote: »
    Who told you that you won't have it until 2021? I pre-ordered on the day they opened as well, and GameStop said I won't have it for launch but didn't indicate when it would be.

Gamestop told me. Here's the exact wording on email I got on September 17th.

"Thanks for reserving your place in the queue for the PlayStation 5. We know you want to get your hands on the console as soon as possible, but unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control, we've now got confirmation that we won't be able to fulfil your pre-order until 2021."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

"Thanks for reserving your place in the queue for the PlayStation 5. We know you want to get your hands on the console as soon as possible, but unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control, we've now got confirmation that we won't be able to fulfil your pre-order until 2021."

Thats a gamestop thing, not a Europe thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Interesting. Which store did you order at? I ordered from the Liffey St store in Dublin. I never got an email from GS, I got a text on Oct 29th that said this:

"Thanks for reserving a place in the queue for a PS5 console. We cannot confirm delivery date at present, however, it will not be for launch day. When future stock becomes available we will prioritise your order."

I had assumed I'd still get it before the end of the year but now with what you've said I might need to adjust my expectations!

Thats a gamestop thing, not a Europe thing.

How's it not a Europe thing? According to an article in VGC on Sept 29th I can't link because of a bizarre no URL rule Gamestop, Shopto, Amazon, and more started sending out emails similar to mine because they got their allocation numbers so people were told they either will or won't get a PS5.

Govannan wrote: »
    Interesting. Which store did you order at? I ordered from the Liffey St store in Dublin. I never got an email from GS, I got a text on Oct 29th that said this:

"Thanks for reserving a place in the queue for a PS5 console. We cannot confirm delivery date at present, however, it will not be for launch day. When future stock becomes available we will prioritise your order."

I had assumed I'd still get it before the end of the year but now with what you've said I might need to adjust my expectations!

I ordered online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

How's it not a Europe thing? According to an article in VGC on Sept 29th I can't link because of a bizarre no URL rule Gamestop, Shopto, Amazon, and more started sending out emails similar to mine because they got their allocation numbers so people were told they either will or won't get a PS5.

Smyths seem confident of having more in this year. Gamestop were taking pre orders since well before anyone else and have built up a huge waiting list. Not sure about the other retailers yoh mentioned right enough.

Smyths seem confident of having more in this year. Gamestop were taking pre orders since well before anyone else and have built up a huge waiting list. Not sure about the other retailers yoh mentioned right enough.

Hopefully there will be more than they thought. I did also read about Sony going into overdrive to get them out there. Maybe it'll all workout.

If not; I've still got my paddleball.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Got controller and Miles Morales Unlimited in post today. Super excited despite not having a pre order for the PS5 for next week. Controller works on my Ps3 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I ordered online.

If you ordered online you should expect to be behind all the people who ordered in store prior to that. That’s how GameStop are allocating their stock.
    It’s upto a shop how they wish to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RonkGunderson

Thanks very much for the above - looks like no one is answering the store phone, will let you know if I find anything out.

As someone who used to work in Currys I need to tell you wont get an answer. I was there for a year and couldnt tell you if we even had one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Cex already have PS5 trade in up at 550 cash however expecting this to go higher. Xbox price went up today despite them being available here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Any word on any other electrical stores, pc world, d.i.d, harvey, powercity etc, getting a supply of ps5's

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

I got the email for launch allocation on October 28th and then the text on the Monday before last stating I'll be contacted in the near future.

I haven't heard a word since and it's impossible to get in any contact with them. Have the majority of people received collection times or am I alone here in not hearing anything

Preorded in GS Santry which is open for click and collect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Game took my money and emailed to say they will ship the day before release. It's going via parcel motel so no hope for me getting it thursday. Maybe by Friday. Most likely the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Cex already have PS5 trade in up at 550 cash however expecting this to go higher. Xbox price went up today despite them being available here and there.
    That mad doh on ebay a American sold 8 ps5 for $2000 per console and had 1 left to sell.There selling between $2000-$1499 the people buying these must be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

rob808 wrote: »
    There selling between $2000-$1499 the people buying these must be crazy.

Over €1000 on eBay from Ireland right now.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/PlayStation-5-Console-Standard-Disk-Edition-19th-November-Shipping-PS5/184531619719?hash=item2af6f10f87:g:tlkAAOSw~xBfrDFk

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

rob808 wrote: »
    That mad doh on ebay a American sold 8 ps5 for $2000 per console and had 1 left to sell.There selling between $2000-$1499 the people buying these must be crazy.

Don't be mad :). Americans are buying $10K SuperBall tickets with all of their holiday savings and don't bother, its a different philosophy there. Also flying first class, when not making tons of money - they are paying for the comfort to not bother hitting F5 million times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,293 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

occne wrote: »

Given the number of people willing to pay these mad prices I might stick mine on eBay starting at €500 and include whatever profit I get with my Christmas donation to the capuchin monks. I'll be getting another the week after launch from a friend who works at Sony anyway.

The only thing I'm worried about is a lot of the people bidding on these might be desperate parents looking to make their kids happy at Christmas. I'd feel awful if they are.

Edit: Are we sure some of these bids aren't just people messing around?

There's one here for £699 buy it now.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-PlayStation-5-PS5-Console-Disc-Edition-Pre-Order-Confirmed-Smyths-/133575683744

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

Oat23 wrote: »
    The only thing I'm worried about is a lot of the people bidding on these might be desperate parents looking to make their kids happy at Christmas. I'd feel awful if they are.

Edit: Are we sure some of these bids aren't just people messing around?

It's one or the other, i don't blame parents for doing their best, i have 2 to collect next week and they are for my 2 kids. But I think it's poor form to bid on eBay , then bail on one of these. If it doesn't affect you, you don't know the person, why go out of your way to be a dick? Let people pay what they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

PS5 Digital boxed - "WeBuy for cash €248.00"

https://ie.webuy.com/search?categoryIds=1061&categoryName=playstation5-consoles

Dunno who's in charge of pricing for WeBuy but they're either having a laugh or pricing for stolen goods.

Advertisement