Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

PS5 Digital boxed - "WeBuy for cash €248.00"

https://ie.webuy.com/search?categoryIds=1061&categoryName=playstation5-consoles

Dunno who's in charge of pricing for WeBuy but they're either having a laugh or pricing for stolen goods.

Talking to chap in cex today well at door to cex said will be 780 they give for the PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

occne wrote: »

The last time I preordered a console was the Xbox 360, l was looking forward to the PS5 but my better half sisters son wanted one so I gave the preorder to him. I wouldn’t dream off making a profit on a it.

I know people selling there preorder for double it’s pure greed. Also a fella would rather get a profit than help his brother get one for his son for Santa. It sickens me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Darren 83 wrote: »
    The last time I preordered a console was the Xbox, 360, l was looking forward to the PS5 but my better half sisters son wanted one so I gave the preorder to him. I wouldn’t dream off making a profit on a it.

I know people selling there preorder for double it’s pure greed. Also a fella would rather get a profit than help his brother get one for his son for Santa. It sickens me!!

Shame the consoles were not released in early September least would of had a fair bit more stock out before Xmas for people to get it. Another 2 mths earlier a ton more people would of had it then for santa etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Gamestop took payment for 2 x PS5 just there for Home Delivery. Ordered on night of price reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gembino

Purchased the xbox in a drunkrn moment last night from smyths so hopefully the ps5 becomes available in the same way. Wortk keeping an eye in the site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

dan786 wrote: »
    Gamestop took payment for 2 x PS5 just there for Home Delivery. Ordered on night of price reveal.

You've got 4 now so, are you gonna sell your spares for retail price?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Just checked and they took my payment as well (I also ordered online straight after the price reveal) - now it's real! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Any change to your order status on the gamestop site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

silvara wrote: »
    Just checked and they took my payment as well (I also ordered online straight after the price reveal) - now it's real! :D

Yeah my money was taken aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Smyths have taken payment for my digital version on delivery ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭razor12345

Was there any email from Gamestop first, I ordered at 05:00am on the 18th but got an email to say I won't have it to 2021

Does anyone know what time I should check Argos in case they release stock Wednesday night / Thursday morning?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

razor12345 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time I should check Argos in case they release stock Wednesday night / Thursday morning?

It was about 4am for the xbox I believe.
    If I was going that route, I'd be constantly refreshing from wed. evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

razor12345 wrote: »
    Was there any email from Gamestop first, I ordered at 05:00am on the 18th but got an email to say I won't have it to 2021

Yes there was. I ordered online on 16/09 and got an email confirming launch day allocation on 28/10

F1ngers wrote: »
    It was about 4am for the xbox I believe.
    If I was going that route, I'd be constantly refreshing from wed. evening.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rach784

anybody any idea when smyths will take the money for disc console, I seen they have taken the money for the digital.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

rach784 wrote: »
    anybody any idea when smyths will take the money for disc console, I seen they have taken the money for the digital.thanks

I'd love to know. Keep logging into my bank (PTSB). Slightly nervous that the money hasn't been taken yet. Hopefully I'm nervous over nothing.
    I ordered on the 17th of September and received the email the other day about how things will pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rach784

extrafluff wrote: »
    I'd love to know. Keep logging into my bank (PTSB). Slightly nervous that the money hasn't been taken yet. Hopefully I'm nervous over nothing.
    I ordered on the 17th of September and received the email the other day about how things will pan out.

I'm the very same orderd 17th sept and got the email too...wasnt overly worried but then seen the digital version had the money taken..

extrafluff wrote: »

Digital was taken for me this morning early. I got the text that said my payment method didn't work so just went back in and put my card details back in and took the money from Revolut and confirmed the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Money not taken yet for the disc version but Demon's Souls money wasn't taken until last Monday I think, arrived yesterday which was a day after the 12th so hope that's not the same on the 19th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

You've got 4 now so, are you gonna sell your spares for retail price?

What does that matter. He put in the work to buy them. They are his to do what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Kanney wrote: »
    Digital was taken for me this morning early. I got the text that said my payment method didn't work so just went back in and put my card details back in and took the money from Revolut and confirmed the order.

Same happened with me, tried to take from revolut even though had changed it to transferwise card. Had to enter new card details via link in the email and money was taken straight away. Did you get an email saying order was confirmed ?

Same happened with me, tried to take from revolut even though had changed it to transferwise card. Had to enter new card details via link in the email and money was taken straight away. Did you get an email saying order was confirmed ?

No not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

What does that matter. He put in the work to buy them. They are his to do what he wants.

Work? It's a console and yes difficult to get but if you are going to fleece someone on selling them it matters. Not that much on a thread on boards however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

petes wrote: »
    Work? It's a console and yes difficult to get but if you are going to fleece someone on selling them it matters. Not that much on a thread on boards however.

Im always of the mindset, I dont blame the seller I blame the idiots that pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 WAL1992

Just off the phone to KBC, apparently they cancelled the transaction to Gamestop as they thought it was fraudulent. They tried to take money this morning. I ordered online night of price reveal so was in the launch allocation. Hopefully GS try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Im always of the mindset, I dont blame the seller I blame the idiots that pay it

Retailers should do more to limit one unit per customer as well. Plenty of people put in the "work" to try and get one but didn't because others were buying them up to sell on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

FixitFelix wrote: »

I'd be of that mind for most things but doing it for a console on the run up to Christmas is just scummy IMO.

I'd say it depends how much over retail someone's charging to an extent. 50-100? Wouldn't be my thing but wouldn't blame someone too much. Charging upwards of 700 for the thing is overkill though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Why won't Smyths take money from Revolut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Why won't Smyths take money from Revolut?

They will?
    Took money for games and accessories this week

Advertisement