Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Smyths haven't taken the money for my PS5 yet but I did get the email a few days ago, however they did take the money for Spiderman and Demon Souls and it's currently in delivery stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Lads I pre ordered a PS for my brother on my revolut card, I told him to update details and he didn't. Now he got the text this morning to say the payment failed, but he can't get into the email account that the email was sent to, to update the payment details....

Any idea how to update payment details without that email?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't he log on to Smyth site and change them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Why won't Smyths take money from Revolut?

Took it from me after reentering details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Lads I pre ordered a PS for my brother on my revolut card, I told him to update details and he didn't. Now he got the text this morning to say the payment failed, but he can't get into the email account that the email was sent to, to update the payment details....

Any idea how to update payment details without that email?
    There is no way he need to sign into his account he buy the ps5 on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kanney wrote: »

Authorisation probably too old for first attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Kanney wrote: »

Was it the same card the first time?
    Weird glitch that didn’t happen This week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

rob808 wrote: »

You don't need an account though.

My Demon's Souls pre-order was on my account but I didn't have an account when I bought the console itself. I have to log out and then use the email I got for the console to change anything.

Varik wrote: »
    Authorisation probably too old for first attempt.

I think it was this.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Was it the same card the first time?
    Weird glitch that didn’t happen This week

Yep, same card. Think it was down to authorisation since I did the Auth payment in Sept.

• Advertisement

My Demon's Souls pre-order was on my account but I didn't have an account when I bought the console itself. I have to log out and then use the email I got for the console to change anything.

Have people
    Updated payment options previously without being asked?..
    Like if a card expires?..

It doesn’t affect the preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

I still waiting on Smyths to take payment for my ps5 hope it soon rather get it over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Have people
    Updated payment options previously without being asked?..
    Like if a card expires?..

It doesn’t affect the preorder?

I updated mine a couple of weeks after the pre-order, as I wasn't sure if I entered my Revolut details or regular card details, and I didn't want to take the chance of not enough funds being on the revolut card. Once I updated payment details, they sent out another email to confirm that, and I still got the email last week outlining the process for this week, so I'd assume it didn't make any difference to the pre-order.

petes wrote: »

I made him a Smyth's account and pre ordered on that. He can login to his Smyth's account fine, just not his email address to get access to the pre order email.

I made him a Smyth's account and pre ordered on that. He can login to his Smyth's account fine, just not his email address to get access to the pre order email.

Is the pre order not listed when logged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Well, forward him this email.

Is the pre order not listed when logged in?

It is yeah, which is grand. But you can't edit payment details for that pre order within the account, only through that email.

shrewdness wrote: »
    I updated mine a couple of weeks after the pre-order, as I wasn't sure if I entered my Revolut details or regular card details, and I didn't want to take the chance of not enough funds being on the revolut card. Once I updated payment details, they sent out another email to confirm that, and I still got the email last week outlining the process for this week, so I'd assume it didn't make any difference to the pre-order.

Updated there, new authorisation and no issues with preorder date

Now we play the waiting game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I changed the card details on 2 games and the console with no issues. Already have the games in my house so just waiting for when they take payment for PS5 now. There won’t be any issues.

I got a disc version and no payment taken yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

razor12345 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time I should check Argos in case they release stock Wednesday night / Thursday morning?

Argos have said they wont have PS5 stock

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

It is yeah, which is grand. But you can't edit payment details for that pre order within the account, only through that email.

I updated my details on my Smyths account yesterday as I had a new visa card. I just went into payment details and deleted the default card and added the new one. Was nervous to do it but it updated fine and I got an email acknowledging the change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

dan786 wrote: »
    Argos have said they wont have PS5 stock

No they haven't. Argos are getting more along with Currys and a few others. They have no idea of numbers yet.

Akesh wrote: »
    No they haven't. Argos are getting more along with Currys and a few others. They have no idea of numbers yet.

Their managers have said on multiple occasions to multiple people that they aren’t getting any stock .

Curry’s have preorders so may not have any extra

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Akesh wrote: »

My GF works there and they’ve been told they won’t get stock.

So unless that changes in the next couple days don’t be looking at Argos for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Just got my pulse 3D headset and dualsense controller there from GameStop via An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

Smyths preorder money taken out today and got a dispatched email and a tracking number and link also. Ordered the digital version.

BlueEars wrote: »
    I updated my details on my Smyths account yesterday as I had a new visa card. I just went into payment details and deleted the default card and added the new one. Was nervous to do it but it updated fine and I got an email acknowledging the change.

There is no payment details listed under the tab on the website, it seems like it's tied to the pre order and not the account.

Could be goosed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Work? It's a console and yes difficult to get but if you are going to fleece someone on selling them it matters. Not that much on a thread on boards however.

Definition of work

"activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result."

He used his mental equity to know that pre ordering would be required to get one and physically placed the order. So he did the work. What part of work do you not understand.

With regards to the fleeced part. Nobody has the right to tell someone what price they can or cannot sell something for. As for the morality part. Nobody is being force to by them.

Advertisement