Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Akesh wrote: »
    No they haven't. Argos are getting more along with Currys and a few others. They have no idea of numbers yet.

Argos are getting more? How? They didnt have any to start with.

They wont be. This has been confirmed by multiple managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Definition of work

"activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result."

He used his mental equity to know that pre ordering would be required to get one and physically placed the order. So he did the work. What part of work do you not understand.

With regards to the fleeced part. Nobody has the right to tell someone what price they can or cannot sell something for. As for the morality part. Nobody is being force to by them.

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Seems Smyths are processing all the digital console preorders. Hope the physical ones get charged soon

Klair88 wrote: »
    Seems Smyths are processing all the digital console preorders. Hope the physical ones get charged soon

Mine was charged about a half hour ago - disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Some people on the last page have been charged.

• Advertisement

Hmm hope mine goes through soon cos I just wanna see who is delivering it. I have 2 discs versions preordered, one for delivery and one for click and collect for a mate. Not been charged for either yet

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭marilynrr

I worked in Argos the Christmas that the Wii was released and our manager genuinely didn't know if we were getting stock or not. The DS was also extremely sought after that year probably because people were expecting Wii shortages too but we couldn't confirm that we were getting any consoles in or not.

But we got deliveries twice a day and the first we'd know about the consoles coming in was when the little machine started going crazy printing out all the reservation stickers for the electronics.

We generally knew when everything was coming in apart from consoles or the really highly sought after toys that there was a shortage of, they would just arrive on the delivery truck and normally be reserved the second they arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

thegame wrote: »
    Smyths preorder money taken out today and got a dispatched email and a tracking number and link also. Ordered the digital version.

Whos the tracking number with, An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Can people who've been charged confirm that their console is for delivery?

Mine is collection and I haven't been charged. I'd imagine they're queuing up the deliveries first

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

Kanney wrote: »
    Whos the tracking number with, An Post?

DPD mate

• Advertisement

thegame wrote: »
    DPD mate

Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

MrStuffins wrote: »

Mine is collection and I haven't been charged. I'd imagine they're queuing up the deliveries first

Yea they are all deliveries that are getting charged. Click and collect charges will be Tuesday or Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    There is no payment details listed under the tab on the website, it seems like it's tied to the pre order and not the account.

Could be goosed here.
    The only thing on my account is the preorder but maybe you didnt set uo an account and checked out as a guest? Id drop customer services a line, i find then good and there has to be a way around it. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

MrStuffins wrote: »

Collection won’t be until Wednesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I just came back here after 5 days and there’s an extra 50 pages.

Does anyone have any recommendations of what sites to try on launch day?

I already have paid game stop €50 which I assume was a waste of money.

Again it’s for a friend for his kids for Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Hmm hope mine goes through soon cos I just wanna see who is delivering it. I have 2 discs versions preordered, one for delivery and one for click and collect for a mate. Not been charged for either yet
    I have one for myself and other for my nephew one being charged and no dispatch email yet just waiting on my nephew ps5 to be charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

dan786 wrote: »
    Argos are getting more? How? They didnt have any to start with.

They wont be. This has been confirmed by multiple managers.

Store managers have no idea what stock is coming their way so it is pointless asking them. There may be none in Argos Ireland but this will depend on how many are available. There will definitely be some in Argos UK. They won't know until early next week.

I just want the reassurance that there’s no issues cos I changed payment details on the delivery order, I’m sure they won’t be. Also hoping to see DPD or UPS delivering. They’re usually good for my area

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I was in Smyth's earlier collecting my Game and Watch in Swords and literally the second the girl beeped the barcode the PS5 money also left my account for the Disc version, Thursday and Friday next off, can't wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

petes wrote: »
    Hahaha

No comeback to any of my points. I'll take that as you agreeing with me so.

• Advertisement

Actually, no, I'm laughing at your reply but you knew that already.

Fieldog wrote: »
    I was in Smyth's earlier collecting my Game and Watch in Swords and literally the second the girl beeped the barcode the PS5 money also left my account for the Disc version, Thursday and Friday next off, can't wait...

Off the two days also, hope for an early delivery!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

petes wrote: »
    Actually, no, I'm laughing at your reply but you knew that already.

Take it to PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Store managers have no idea what stock is coming their way so it is pointless asking them. There may be none in Argos Ireland but this will depend on how many are available. There will definitely be some in Argos UK. They won't know until early next week.

They have been mailed by head office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

dan786 wrote: »
    They have been mailed by head office.

Store managers and Argos Ireland have no idea of stock as of now because the UK won't receive allocation numbers until early next week. It's not hard to follow.

Stop taking about something you have no idea about.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Some fake Gamestop emails going out to people apparently

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1327633560736509953?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 15,293 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

On advice here the other day I told my mate to try changing his Amazon PS5 order to his Irish address but he got an error. That was on Thursday. He messaged me there saying he tried again this morning and it worked. In the picture it says "New delivery speed is standard delivery" and the estimated delivery says Nov 21st now instead of the 19th.

So if anyone else wanted to change to their Irish address it seems to work now but it might take a few days longer to receive.

He's happy enough with a few days delay and getting direct delivery. I sort of scared him telling him of my experience with expensive parcels falling off the back of the Parcel Motel trucks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Store managers and Argos Ireland have no idea of stock as of now because the UK won't receive allocation numbers until early next week. It's not hard to follow.

Stop taking about something you have no idea about.

Lad your the only one saying that they will have stock. Multiple people on this thread have said that there is no stock. Managers would obviously have a fair idea at this stage id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Sorry to keep going on about this.

Revolut payment failed this morning, brother cant access the email with the link to change the payment details. Does anyone know if I top up my Revolut will it automatically try this card again? Or only when we change payment details through the link?

• Advertisement

Same happened with me, tried to take from revolut even though had changed it to transferwise card. Had to enter new card details via link in the email and money was taken straight away. Did you get an email saying order was confirmed ?

Got the confirmation email now with Tracking

Advertisement